OK 8S rear bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy2000

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Granite Mega
  4. Outcast 8s
Hi all. The old outcast is giving me some grief 😔 The retaining ring on back diff keeps coming out and the bearing pulls ot as well. This is it's 5th time out and it started doing on the 3rd. Retaining clip seem to be tight after I push the bearing back into place. Not sure but thank God I haven't lost the pin that the bearing holds in. Or messed up something that I don't see yet.

20230706_142915.jpg

I’d call HH, they seemed to have a bad batch of input gears.. The groove wasn’t cut deep enough on some of them apparently.

The groove doesn't look too bad on yours but that was a concern on the last thread I read about this issue.

Someone else on here also found stronger retaining rings that fixed their issue.

Anyone have a lathe and some tools? :D

That being said. You would think that Arrma would have researched this before release of the truck. Again, this is the 5th time out since I bought it in December/22. Guess I thought someone had same issue and a solution.

Just quick update. HH is going to replace the input gear,2 bearings that hold it,2 pins for rear drive shaft and split ring. Thanks for the advice before I start replacing parts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back