Ok AF? What am I looking at? Chinese POS? Or?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone is clearly speculating here. My guess is that these rigs are going to gang up on your Arrmas at the skatepark and hand you your a$$.
Just kidding, I’ve no idea of what I’m talking about. That’d be funny, though…

I’ll take the over/under that someone immediately knows what this is and if it’s junk or something worthy. I will give the AF 30 sec. Go!

View attachment 365031

View attachment 365032

View attachment 365033

View attachment 365034

View attachment 365035
I would still run it and have some fun😁👍

Definitely trash. Don’t see a single “plus” to it..🤷🏻‍♂️

^^^^THIS.
There is one plus 🤔 you could bash the crap out of it and not feel bad breaking it🤣🤣🤣 it's like a disposable Rc .one time use ..or just a toy for a little one to learn on 🤷

I'll throw a FC 100 cover on it and send it🤣🤣

Last edited:
Ah man, it's come back to haunt me! My driving buddy had one of these, just sold it and got a Kraton after years of telling him to man up :p

Yes to all of the above, the philips screws haunt my dreams, but somehow he managed to keep it going for a good number of years just replacing diffs now and then and nut and bolting rounded screws. I was genuinely pleased for him when he sold it 😄

I dunno, I used craploads of them to hold helicopters together, then jumped in them and went flying. That seems a little more perilous than an rc car.
We also used to travel by horse and buggy… And drum brakes were the norm.. and we didn’t cook our food.. 🤷🏻‍♂️🙄

We also used to travel by horse and buggy… And drum brakes were the norm.. and we didn’t cook our food.. 🤷🏻‍♂️🙄
Yeah, but there still are a lot of Phillips #2 screws on a lot of aircraft. It's just a fact.
They have a place. Too many people get hex head hardware and overtorque the crap out of stuff. It isn't the fastener that is the problem.

Last edited:
Yeah, but there still are another of Phillips #2 screws on a lot of aircraft. It's just a fact.
They have a place. Too many people get hex head hardware and overtorque the crap out of stuff. It isn't the fastener that is the problem.
Agreed, if its torqued down to spec, it's the same poop. Just a matter of looks and obsessively focusing on that ugly Phillips head. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, but there still are another of Phillips #2 screws on a lot of aircraft. It's just a fact.
Are you seriously unable to understand why they have no place in a 1/8 scale off-road buggy? That’s just arguing for no other reason than to simply argue if that’s the case.. Now you’re saying that people overtorqing are “the problem”… No; the SCREWS are “my problem”. I said they don’t have a place in an eighth scale off-road buggy, and they don’t. They are ARCHAIC fasteners. They do not provide the repeated serviceability/lifespan of a hex head fastener, OR the increased ability to APPLY MORE TORQUE. They are used in 98% of current, QUALITY kits, and RTR models because they are NEEDED. Should we go back to flatheads as well? You know the earth used to be flat too.. 🤣

Agreed, if it’s torqued down to spec, it's the same poop. Just a matter of looks and obsessively focusing on that ugly Phillips head. :ROFLMAO:
That’s just it; it’s NOT. 🤷🏻‍♂️. The fact this is even being discussed is scary.

Are you seriously unable to understand why they have no place in a 1/8 scale off-road buggy? That’s just arguing for no other reason than to simply argue if that’s the case.. Now you’re saying that people overtorqing are “the problem”… No; the SCREWS are “my problem”. I said they don’t have a place in an eighth scale off-road buggy, and they don’t. They are ARCHAIC fasteners. They do not provide the repeated serviceability/lifespan of a hex head fastener, OR the increased ability to APPLY MORE TORQUE. They are used in 98% of current, QUALITY kits, and RTR models because they are NEEDED. Should we go back to flatheads as well? You know the earth used to be flat too.. 🤣

That’s just it; it’s NOT. 🤷🏻‍♂️. The fact this is even being discussed is scary.
If it's torqued to spec and the metal is the same, it's the same sh!t dude. I don't care how many tools you own or how many cars you've built, same sh!t.

If it's torqued to spec and the metal is the same, it's the same sh!t dude. I don't care how many tools you own or how many cars you've built, same sh!t.
Go eat another one buddy… they are FAR from the same shitt. And what’s your apparent contempt for me-bringing up “how many tools you own, or how many cars you’ve built”? That just sounds like your set in your inaccurate opinion, no matter what I say.

It’s a Philips head screw.

You believe it’s as capable as a hex.

Got it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well, first off, you need to understand torque. Over torque is just as bad, sometimes worse, than under torque. It sounds like you do not understand that.
Realistically, Phillips hardware is not torqued to a spec. It is “hand tight”. For that use it is perfect. Idiots with hex heads over torque and mess things up. Quality hardware and quality tools makes Phillips as applicable as hex heads in their proper place, for less money. If you do not know how to use tools to keep from destroying your hardware, you are the problem. Apex #2 bits are still my first choice for Phillips driving.
I did not realize that an 1/8 scale rc car was so much more important and that it’s hardware is so much more critical than aircraft fasteners. Must take you a long time to go cross country. Do you strap a car to each shoe?

Go eat another one buddy… they are FAR from the same shitt. And what’s your apparent contempt for me-bringing up “how many tools you own, or how many cars you’ve built”? That just sounds like your set in your inaccurate opinion, no matter what I say.

It’s a Philips head screw.

You believe it’s as capable as a hex.

Got it.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

If a Phillips head is holding and I replace it with a hex, what did I just do other than wasting my time and making it look ascetically better?

NOTHING! No contempt at all, just figured you'd know better.

Tell us screw head Einstein, how will the exact same screw work better with a different head?

Well, first off, you need to understand torque. Over torque is just as bad, sometimes worse, than under torque. It sounds like you do not understand that.
Realistically, Phillips hardware is not torqued to a spec. It is “hand tight”. For that use it is perfect. Idiots with hex heads over torque and mess things up. Quality hardware and quality tools makes Phillips as applicable as hex heads in their proper place, for less money. If you do not know how to use tools to keep from destroying your hardware, you are the problem. Apex #2 bits are still my first choice for Phillips driving.
I did not realize that an 1/8 scale rc car was so much more important and that it’s hardware is so much more critical than aircraft fasteners. Must take you a long time to go cross country. Do you strap a car to each shoe?

You have seriously bumped your head.

If a Phillips head is holding and I replace it with a hex, what did I just do other than wasting my time and making it look ascetically better?

NOTHING! No contempt at all, just figured you'd know better.

Tell us screw head Einstein, how will the exact same screw work better with a different head?
You’ve bumped yours as well.

The time being wasted is arguing with you two. Enjoy your day. 🤙

You have seriously bumped your head.

You’ve bumped yours as well.

The time being wasted is arguing with you two. Enjoy your day. 🤙
I have more time turning wrenches than you have on earth. On machinery much more expensive, much more dangerous, and much more sophisticated than your toy car. If you can’t understand when someone smarter and more experienced gives you real world advice, then you didn’t bump your head, you were born without a brain.
Tell whoever is reading this to you that I am done with you.

Last edited:
I know for a fact that you cannot get the same torque on a Phillips head fastener as you can a hex head. Could you imagine if Arrma used phillips head hardware on their cars you would never be able to get the damn things apart.

Back