Outcast Oktay bumper and M2C chassis brace!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PittsburghJason

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Just bolted the bumper on top of the brace with 3 longer screws. One 45mm and two 55mm screws. Bashed all day with no problems. On one front end nose dive, the stock bumper bent in a little bit but didn't break. Bumper seems to soften nose dives, instead of getting ejected backwards by the m2c chassis brace.

20240512_155100.jpg

20240512_155726.jpg

20240513_081415.jpg

20240513_081441.jpg

Nice! How are those gpm axles? And who makes the front bumber?
I like the axles so far. 2 good days on them so far. I noticed a couple line where they rubbed something. Also half of the black bushings on the ends of the blue middle part are broke. The bushings do not matter because it is like putting a bushing between the two stock axle parts. The axles are 3 pieces, 2 male splined hard steel outer pieces and an aluminum female center shaft. 1.5mm grub screws. They are also heavy, like 3 times heavier than stock but they are not breaking anywhere. I tried to screw the axles into the middle of the diff out drives instead of the grub screw but the screw head rubbed on the cv pivot ball in the axle, so only a grub screw. GPM includes a screw for the outdrives and they leave the pin retainer springs off for this reason.

I like them because they are strong and pretty, so they should last.

Front bumper is oktays connected with just 3 screws on the bottom and on top of an m2c chassis brace with even longer screws. Also a stock bumper. Evs hobbies sells oktays bumper and v2.5 center driveshaft, but I have a hot racing ds.

Last edited:
Just a hobby - 3 days on the gpm axles and I am getting rid of them. This time the axle cvd pin disappeared, plus chewed teeth on the diff outdrive. Too heavy! I am switching to the arrma cvd axles.

Just a hobby - 3 days on the gpm axles and I am getting rid of them. This time the axle cvd pin disappeared, plus chewed teeth on the diff outdrive. Too heavy! I am switching to the arrma cvd axles.
Thank you. The HD axles are good. I'm just going to replace mine when their done with another set. Either buy new for $120 ready to go. Or stock v2 axles from Jenny's rc and change the wheel end to 6s outcast wheel ends.

In the 4 + years I've been running them I've broken them only twice. Both bad one wheel front end landings on power over 10 feet high. One in the winter 2 years ago and last week. The first break I broke the male side this time I broke the female side,so no money spent and I'm still running. Never throw away a broken unit the good side will be used eventually.

Last edited:
I like the axles so far. 2 good days on them so far. I noticed a couple line where they rubbed something. Also half of the black bushings on the ends of the blue middle part are broke. The bushings do not matter because it is like putting a bushing between the two stock axle parts. The axles are 3 pieces, 2 male splined hard steel outer pieces and an aluminum female center shaft. 1.5mm grub screws. They are also heavy, like 3 times heavier than stock but they are not breaking anywhere. I tried to screw the axles into the middle of the diff out drives instead of the grub screw but the screw head rubbed on the cv pivot ball in the axle, so only a grub screw. GPM includes a screw for the outdrives and they leave the pin retainer springs off for this reason.

I like them because they are strong and pretty, so they should last.

Front bumper is oktays connected with just 3 screws on the bottom and on top of an m2c chassis brace with even longer screws. Also a stock bumper. Evs hobbies sells oktays bumper and v2.5 center driveshaft, but I have a hot racing ds.
Nice. How do you like the integy braces, did you break any shock towers stock before putting them on?

Thank you. The HD axles are good. I'm just going to replace mine when their done with another set. Either buy new for $120 ready to go. Or stock v2 axles from Jenny's rc and change the wheel end to 6s outcast wheel ends.

In the 4 + years I've been running them I've broken them only twice. Both bad one wheel front end landings on power over 10 feet high. One in the winter 2 years ago and last week. The first break I broke the male side this time I broke the female side,so no money spent and I'm still running. Never throw away a broken unit the good side will be used eventually.
I got these from arrma. These are the HD right?
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/cvd-slider-set/ARAC3954.html
Nice. How do you like the integy braces, did you break any shock towers stock before putting them on?
Yes I did and after changing out the first one I put it on and haven't broke one since. First aftermarket part to go on. They're great except they will put a hole in the body so I have an extra pad taped to the body, but I need a better one because it eats the pad.
Now I take the diff covers weekly for one thing or another.

Yup thats the HD axles I have PittsburgJason.

Once a year I replace the pin and barrel in the cvd joint. Less than $ 20

Back