Outcast Orange Outcast in stock at Tower. Who's getting it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch, that must hurt seeing it ready to bash and not being able to. I feel your pain. On the bright side, you're saving time and money by not replacing broken parts!
Can't wait to hear about your maiden run
Sssssssssoooooo my lhs is closed sun/mon. The batteries are being given delivered ups. The owner is going to the shop to be there to sign for them and going back to meet me when I get off work. How's that for customer service. Complete 180 from the artic shoulder I got from hobby town. Pound sign customer for life.

My Orangecast should be here Wednesday I'm hoping. But my xt90 connectors won't be here until Friday :(

Ouch, that must hurt seeing it ready to bash and not being able to. I feel your pain. On the bright side, you're saving time and money by not replacing broken parts!
Can't wait to hear about your maiden run
2017-08-21 19.02.15.jpg
Come on all ready! And this is the first pack! Who wants to give advice on a more gooder as they sat charger

Bugga!
I thought you meant for batteries.
Thats no fun at all :-/

Any of your local shops have a lead? If not they should be able to make one up for you

I was thinking I will have to run to the LHS tomorrow and see if they have any male xt-90 connectors.

I'm going to stop at the lhs by where I'm working tomorrow and see. I have two leads they can solder the connectors to if that's all they got. Just sucks I'm out the door at 5am and usually don't get home till 6:30 7 pm so my normal shops closed up

Are the leads hard wired to the charger? I just had to buy a 3$ lead for mine. Also you can get adapters to go from on style to another. My venom batteries came with several
No they are not, I have some xt90 connectors on order but they won't be here until after the Outcast. I'm just going to run to the LHS today and see if they have any.

Just came in from ripping around my neighborhood. This things a blast and I'm running stock gearing and 4s not even 6s. Sucks my charger only does up to a 3s battery(plus side is I can do two at a time). Goal is to order a set of 3s when I get paid

Just came in from ripping around my neighborhood. This things a blast and I'm running stock gearing and 4s not even 6s. Sucks my charger only does up to a 3s battery(plus side is I can do two at a time). Goal is to order a set of 3s when I get paid
That sucks that it only does up to 3s. You should invest in a good DC charger and a power supply. I'm not sure what charger you should get though as I only have experience with the charger I have, I would recommend it to you but it has been discontinued.

At the time I was going to buy this but it was out of stock. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LW7349&P=ML

I also had no need for a 6s charger when I bought my current one either lol. All I was running was my HPI Savage Flux XS. 3s is insane in that truck but it's also 1/12 scale. Oh well I'll save up and grab some more batteries. I'd rather have extra 2 or 3s batteries anyways to use on other cars

Only reason I bought that was because I wanted to future proof things, with a balance board I could charge every lipo battery I have at the same time.

Just got my Orangecast today and after unboxing it I already have a few nit picks, my front alignment wasn't even close, both front wheels were toed out something bad. I am willing to bet they used an entire tube of thread lock on this thing, I had to fight the screws in the motor mount to get them out, the pinion was caked with thread lock and the grub screw instantly stripped out :mad: I should have heated it up before I tried to remove it. The manual makes it look so easy to remove too.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back