Big Rock Out of curiosity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPEARCE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Has anyone found a way to widen the stance of the BRCC V3 without using hub extenders? I really like that some of the 4S rigs come with a sway bar for the rear A-arms. Just wanted to know, as I’m maxing out my Big Rock as much as possible and will be adding to the build thread shortly. Will running those vehicles A-arms, driveshafts, hubs, etc. even work, if I replace the diffs with the ultimate upgrades? Or is there a way of adding a custom sway link to my stock or RPM A-arms be possible? I’m having a rollover issue at speed and it’s driving me bananas. I’m about to install the 6S shocks and don’t know if the added benefits from those will defeat the rollover. I’m also running an assortment of different tire combos from off and on road. Don’t know if this is enough information for someone to help me out but any advice from the folks who really deck out their rigs would be much appreciated. TIA!

Traction rolls are a consequence of overly aggressive driving to be honest. If you’re having trouble turning sharply out of habit at speed then turn down the steering rate. The big rock, just like the Typhon, have the long arms. You can put even longer arms from the 4s cars but you will still traction roll it if you’re trying to turn at TopSpeed.

Try taking your finger off the trigger before you hit the turn. You might even need to brake a little bit before turning. 6S shocks are fantastic especially if you jump. But they won’t prevent you from traction rolls unless you fine tune your driving technique. It took me a couple months to figure that out and I’ll still traction roll if I am too aggressive going into a turn. Just takes some practice calming down a hard trigger finger.

Traction rolls are a consequence of overly aggressive driving to be honest. If you’re having trouble turning sharply out of habit at speed then turn down the steering rate. The big rock, just like the Typhon, have the long arms. You can put even longer arms from the 4s cars but you will still traction roll it if you’re trying to turn at TopSpeed.

Try taking your finger off the trigger before you hit the turn. You might even need to brake a little bit before turning. 6S shocks are fantastic especially if you jump. But they won’t prevent you from traction rolls unless you fine tune your driving technique. It took me a couple months to figure that out and I’ll still traction roll if I am too aggressive going into a turn. Just takes some practice calming down a hard trigger finger.
I have been improving my driving and actually brake the truck before turns. I have already reduced the steering rate quite a bit, to the point of let’s say 80-85%. This has been ideal, but at slow speeds causes my turning to become about a 20-25’ radius. I had previously had this truck set up slung very low, drooped almost, for on road drifting, and that worked well, especially in wet conditions. However, now that I’ve set up the suspension for a bit more control on road and off road jumping, I’m having an issue where the inside (of the turn) rear wheel will lift off the ground about 2” during higher speed turning and quick maneuvers. This is not ideal, but the traction roll happens a lot less. But this is the reason why I asked about the spring steel sway links and or whether anyone has used the 4s line A-arms to help widen the stance a bit more.
Has anyone found a way to widen the stance of the BRCC V3 without using hub extenders? I really like that some of the 4S rigs come with a sway bar for the rear A-arms. Just wanted to know, as I’m maxing out my Big Rock as much as possible and will be adding to the build thread shortly. Will running those vehicles A-arms, driveshafts, hubs, etc. even work, if I replace the diffs with the ultimate upgrades? Or is there a way of adding a custom sway link to my stock or RPM A-arms be possible? I’m having a rollover issue at speed and it’s driving me bananas. I’m about to install the 6S shocks and don’t know if the added benefits from those will defeat the rollover. I’m also running an assortment of different tire combos from off and on road. Don’t know if this is enough information for someone to help me out but any advice from the folks who really deck out their rigs would be much appreciated. TIA!

I’m having an issue where the inside (of the turn) rear wheel will lift off the ground about 2” during higher speed turning and quick maneuvers
Yeah that’s normal for 3s cars without sway bars. My bashers all do that somewhat except for my typhon. I don’t know how to prevent it, never bugged me much, but perhaps someone else does?

Limiting shocks with internal spacers, sway bars, thicker oil/stiffer springs will all reduce roll, in that order. Also low traction tires for the surface you’re on (ie knobbies onroad or slicks off-road).
Traction rolls are a consequence of overly aggressive driving to be honest.

They’re a consequence of setup, not driving.

Limiting shocks with internal spacers, sway bars, thicker oil/stiffer springs will all reduce roll, in that order. Also low traction tires for the surface you’re on (ie knobbies onroad or slicks off-road).

They’re a consequence of setup, not driving.
On a 6s car or one with adjustable features sure. He’s talking about a big rock, which is about as basic as you can get. Lower it, limit the shocks, put smooth tires on it and he’s got a crappy handling off-road basher 🙄

On a 6s car or one with adjustable features sure. He’s talking about a big rock, which is about as basic as you can get. Lower it, limit the shocks, put smooth tires on it and he’s got a crappy handling off-road basher 🙄

Huh? He's actually tried a bunch of the things I suggested which made an improvement. Just needs to put limiters in the shocks, or he can try to figure out a way to mount swaybars.

The Maxx traction rolls about 10x worse than the Big Rock and doesn't have any adjustments either, yet with proper setup you can get it to slide instead of rolling.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back