Outcast Outcast 8S Sway Bars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walking_target

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Talion
Outcast 8S: Sway bars - yes or no?

Will be driven on road and off road for bashing - no racing.

Thoughts?

Yes. Run them. The box should have included the SB Links. Make sure you have them from the box. Why Arrma did not include the Bars themselves and installed out the box is beyond me. (n)(n):confused:
One of the many put off's for me with the 8s line. No droop screws etc. Among other things.
I passed on the 8s rigs... Seems to me, Arrma cheaped out on this very expensive rig. I see no great value with them. Nickel and diming on incidental basic upgrades is disappointing to me. Their 6s line always includes Sway bars. 4x4 line is cheaper and never incorporated sway bars. For the pricepoint I get that.
I always run Sway bars on ALL my rigs.
:cool:

Last edited:
Yes. Run them. The box should have included the SB Links. Make sure you have them from the box. Why Arrma did not include them is beyond me. (n)(n):confused:
One of the many put off's for me with the 8s line. No droop screws etc. Among other things.
I passed on the 8s rigs... Seems to me, Arrma cheaped out on this very expensive rig. I see no great value with them. Nickel and diming on incidental basic upgrades is disappointing to me. Their 6s line always includes. them. 4x4 line is cheaper and never incorporated sway bars. For the pricepoint I get that.
I always run Sway bars on ALL my rigs.
:cool:
Thanks! I am getting so many different opinions on this…. Not sure what to do

You are getting differing opinions because many just run their 8s rigs AS IS. Never tried them at all or if they did never set them up properly . If Arrma included them installed out the box, I doubt highly that anyone would be recommending to remove them. Like the 6s line. No reason to run without them, being installed there already.
As with all 8s parts, they are double the price of the 6s line. The 8s Sway bars don't come cheap FWIW. No bling to them, etc. But they are a functional upgrade, nonetheless. Like scale cars, they all have sway bars.
Any RC rig whether off road or not deserves to have Sway bars. I've run them with and removed. There is absolutely a difference for better handling. And they have to be setup and dialed in properly. You just don't slap them on.
I used to race. Now I don't. However, there IS a difference with sway bars.
If you have no experience with them, you will never know. As with many other 8s owners. Running them as is out the box. Focusing more with upgrading parts that always break on this 8s rig.

BTW, consider installing Droop screws if you haven't already. And if you still run the OE arms. Many switched over to the RPM arms and there are NO holes in the RPM arms for a pair of droop screws.

Last edited:
I agree, running sway bars is a must if you like stability.

Though I love my X Maxx and it’s great at certain things my K8 is hands-down a way more stable and controllable than the X Maxx. I attribute it to its lower stance and sway bars.

Thanks chaps - this does help. I think Arrma is just being cheap not supplying them with them; like you said, all of my 6S rigs have them.

Now to work out what thickness - 3mm, 4mm or 5mm…4mm seems like a good compromise??

The Outcast EXB comes with the 3mm bars installed. I have thought about picking up a 4mm and 5mm bar to play around with on the front
Sorry, I am pretty ignorant on this (and my only experience is 6S which have the same front and rear).

Should I consider 3mm front and rear or a different combination?

Sorry, I am pretty ignorant on this (and my only experience is 6S which have the same front and rear).

Should I consider 3mm front and rear or a different combination?

sway bar size really comes down to personal preference. I think any of them will make a big difference from not having any at all.

Thanks chaps - this does help. I think Arrma is just being cheap not supplying them with them; like you said, all of my 6S rigs have them.

Now to work out what thickness - 3mm, 4mm or 5mm…4mm seems like a good compromise??
Def. Get the thickest Sway bars. Both front and rear. 5mm for sure.
As you add more weight with some upgrades etc., you will want them.
Trust me you will have wanted the thickest Sway bars for sure.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back