Outcast 8s wheelie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerekP

Reaction score
Hey all,
Pretty new here. Been in the hobby for about a year and a half. Bought a used outcast 8s off eBay and have been fixing it up like new.
Went through all 3 diffs over the weekend along with installing a max 5 and 56118 800kv motor. Thing freaking rips! One problem though, I cannot wheelie on demand like I see other people having this combo can. I have 34t pinion and 39t spur installed. I put 20 million in center diff, 1 million in front diff and 500k in rear. Is there something I'm missing or do I just need to get the 39t pinion and earplugs?
One other possible contributing factor is the tires a little worn. I have a new set, I'm just trying to keep them for spring so they don't get wet this winter.
Thanks in advance!

I don't have one, but I see many are running 39/39. Not that going taller gear would help you.
Where is your ESC Punch or Power setting right now?
More punch usually gets her to stand up more easily, as a rule.
Bald tires at the rear also goes against you, depending on the surface/traction you are working with.
To me Wheelies means nothing. Not needing to dial it in that way, like it some performance indicator. But we all have different expectations from our rigs.
I don't need to make mine drive like the next guy's.
And constant wheelies just abuses the drive train, especially with a 30+ pound rig.

Last edited:
Hey all,
Pretty new here. Been in the hobby for about a year and a half. Bought a used outcast 8s off eBay and have been fixing it up like new.
Went through all 3 diffs over the weekend along with installing a max 5 and 56118 800kv motor. Thing freaking rips! One problem though, I cannot wheelie on demand like I see other people having this combo can. I have 34t pinion and 39t spur installed. I put 20 million in center diff, 1 million in front diff and 500k in rear. Is there something I'm missing or do I just need to get the 39t pinion and earplugs?
One other possible contributing factor is the tires a little worn. I have a new set, I'm just trying to keep them for spring so they don't get wet this winter.
Thanks in advance!
Either your punch is way down or your tires are spinning. Could be you need bigger lipos too. Grab a new set of backflips from Jenny’s. They grip like hell when new. I changed to proline Badlands to get better steering cause the front stayed up too much. I’m geared 28/39 so yours should definitely be pulling wheelies like crazy

Either your punch is way down or your tires are spinning. Could be you need bigger lipos too. Grab a new set of backflips from Jenny’s. They grip like hell when new. I changed to proline Badlands to get better steering cause the front stayed up too much. I’m geared 28/39 so yours should definitely be pulling wheelies like crazy
It was my punch. Apparently my excited self didn't press save when i turned it up! Thank you!
I don't have one, but I see many are running 39/39. Not that going taller gear would help you.
Where is your ESC Punch or Power setting right now?
More punch usually gets her to stand up more easily, as a rule.
Bald tires at the rear also goes against you, depending on the surface/traction you are working with.
To me Wheelies means nothing. Not needing to dial it in that way, like it some performance indicator. But we all have different expectations from our rigs.
I don't need to make mine drive like the next guy's.
And constant wheelies just abuses the drive train, especially with a 30+ pound rig.
It was my punch. My excited self must not of pressed save when i was programming the ESC. I'll probably turn it down later on, i just wanted to feel the POWER! First 8s rig and i wanted to see it do 8s things.

It was my punch. Apparently my excited self didn't press save when i turned it up! Thank you!

It was my punch. My excited self must not of pressed save when i was programming the ESC. I'll probably turn it down later on, i just wanted to feel the POWER! First 8s rig and i wanted to see it do 8s things.
Have you got the new Max5 g2 ESC? Did you have to use Bluetooth? I got the Max6 G2 ordered and am just curious about how hard the programming is. Does it require an extra part like the castle blink or is it just power on and the ESC will connect to the app on my iPhone?

Have you got the new Max5 g2 ESC? Did you have to use Bluetooth? I got the Max6 G2 ordered and am just curious about how hard the programming is. Does it require an extra part like the castle blink or is it just power on and the ESC will connect to the app on my iPhone?
I have both actually. The max 6 g2 is just through Bluetooth on your phone and the hobbywing app! Actually quite nice. Don't know why the max 5 didn't have that feature but I'm not terribly sad.

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the rig as well. I have a K8S, it will wheelie, but not readily, which is also why I chose the Kraton over the Outcast. Wheelies can be cool, I get it. I just want a rig that $hits n gits rather than wheel standing every time I mash the throttle. To each their own of course.🍻
My bro has an O8S, Max6/1100 G1 combo. It doesn't wheelie nearly as much as we expected, which is nice. It will pull the front wheels readily until say 25-30mph where it doesn't have enough grunt to pull them up after that. Think he's running 27/47 gearing, I'm currently at 26/47 with the Firma 160/1100 combo. We mainly run on a small track, I will likely be dropping my pinion down to 23-25t just to keep motor temps in check. I suspect he will need to as well, both rigs are pretty new to us. Enjoy!!😎🍻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back