Outcast Outcast Speedruns (NPB@ 67.3mph)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, I thought about throwing on a set of belted tires, but what fun would that be?
I'll keep pushing the limitations of the stock Outcast parts for now. The ballooning makes it more of a challenge and isn't to the point it's uncontrollable (yet).
I've got a few more things I want to try and it's only 2.7mph away from 70 with a 17t in it now, so If I break it, I'll fix it, not a big deal to me, I'm having fun either way. :cool:

Nah, I thought about throwing on a set of belted tires, but what fun would that be?
I'll keep pushing the limitations of the stock Outcast parts for now. The ballooning makes it more of a challenge and isn't to the point it's uncontrollable (yet).
I've got a few more things I want to try and it's only 2.7mph away from 70 with a 17t in it now, so If I break it, I'll fix it, not a big deal to me, I'm having fun either way. :cool:

I'd back those pre load collars off and lower that thing to about 3/8in off the ground. Set front and rear camber to 0 and set the toe to as close to zero as you can and see if it will go 70. Maybe ditch the wing too.

I think having a couple decades worth of building custom parts and 1:1 race cars, made specifically to got in a straight line as quickly as possible, give me a bit of knowledge and experience to pull from and apply to certain aspects of this hobby from time to time. Now would be one of those :)

I think having a couple decades worth of building custom parts and 1:1 race cars, made specifically to got in a straight line as quickly as possible, give me a bit of knowledge and experience to pull from and apply to certain aspects of this hobby from time to time. Now would be one of those :)

Yes sir. Most of it applies the same, But as you know then, it's all about the combination. I think things may be even harder to figure out on these as it can be hard to see what is really going on in order to apply the proper solution. At least it's way cheaper to fix when things go bad. Less rear toe in would most likely gain you some mph. Good bit of scrub there. Or possibly more negative camber to reduce the size of the contact patch would be a reduction in that scrub. Personally, I'd nix that kite on the front end too.

Last edited:

hello Mr. Duke,
have you installed ceramic bearing, or original?

I run Fast Eddy sealed bearings
change all bearings or only motor and transmission?
have you see different from the original?
I ask you, because in this day I buy an outcast, and I make upgrade 16t, change oil front /central/ rear differential, but my maximum speed is 84km/h measuring with speedometer app for iphone, I’m note sure if this is app is ok, for speed test.
now I order the 17t, and I want change all bearings, and I want buy in ceramic, but I m note sure I can see more different.
Sorry for my bad english, but I’m writing from Italy ;)
please reply.
thanks;)

I ask you, because in this day I buy an outcast, and I make upgrade 16t, change oil front /central/ rear differential, but my maximum speed is 84km/h measuring with speedometer app for iphone, I’m note sure if this is app is ok, for speed test.
now I order the 17t, and I want change all bearings, and I want buy in ceramic, but I m note sure I can see more different.
please reply.
thanks;)
Viva Italia!??

please reply.
thanks;)
All the bearings are Fast Eddy (not the ceramic ones because I mainly bash with this rig and go through a set of bearings every 20-30 packs) but I do use 3 drops of my own special blend of ultra low viscosity oil in each bearing. I doubt that has much influence on mph though.
84kph is about 52mph so there's more speed left in it for sure. What battery are you running?

All the bearings are Fast Eddy (not the ceramic ones because I mainly bash with this rig and go through a set of bearings every 20-30 packs) but I do use 3 drops of my own special blend of ultra low viscosity oil in each bearing. I doubt that has much influence on mph though.
84kph is about 52mph so there's more speed left in it for sure. What battery are you running?

I’m running with two 3s 5000mah and 35c, and I buy yesterday 6s 5200 90c/180c, but the speed change only 3kms.
what upgrade for you is better?
what oil grade you use in the differential?

I’m running with two 3s 5000mah and 35c, and I buy yesterday 6s 5200 90c/180c, but the speed change only 3kms.
what upgrade for you is better?
what oil grade you use in the differential?

I run Associated brand silicone in all of my differentials center stays at 500k but I change the front and rear viscosity around a lot (10k - 60k) testing out different setups.

use app for iphone read correct speed?
I use an iPhone 7 running this app (current version 1.9.2) and have been extremely happy with its accuracy and data logging abilities.
IMG_8658.PNG

what type of cars were you into?

Just curious, how are you attaching your iphone? I would be afraid a wreck at that speed would destroy my iPhone. Also, might the added iPhone weight reduce top speed by a few mph?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back