Payday tomorrow. Deciding on the final rc to grab.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cereal_killer

Bash/Break/Fix/REPEAT 🤣
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
First up. Kyosho gt2. 'Already had one'
Second one up mojave "been wanting one for a while now.'

Can't really decide which one to
Already have a onload car. But also loved the kyosho gt2 setup.
Then... I don't have a short course truck anymore.. also both would be left in stock form, I don't want to spend a fortune on upgrades even though I have with the kraton and tamiya.

Screenshot_20211014-065903_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211014-124935_Chrome.jpg

Please consider a Tekno ET48 2.0, if you're after a really versatile design that doesn't need many upgrades to bash really hard and is great even stock, I would highly recommend this car. It has great diffs, the car is easy to drive and can handle 6s no problem. The one negative I've found is the battery tray, it will take a race size (basically any hard case size battery)battery up to 6s no problem, but it won't take a long battery or a really wide battery. I don't like to recommend non Arrma cars here, but your looking at various brands anyway. All the best with your decision, keep us updated with your final choice.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...wqsBegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2DRsY5cmcbrhAyUNg75cka

Tekno for sure. Having an MT410 already. Quality takes it to the next level. And parts are in decent supply most of the time.
Kyosho is good stuff. I just felt the parts train is not best here in the States. And parts are always costlier as a result.
The Mojave is still my favorite of the Arrma 6s line. A Kyosho GT is a completely different animal. Apples to oranges. Where will you be running your rig?

Ha, final RC. We'll see how that goes. My vote is Mojave. A beast in the stock form and something really special imho.
I read this thread title and thought "yeah right", was your significant other watching you write this thread?:LOL: I would recommend the mojave out of those 2 but don't have any knowledge about the on road car. I would recommend a exb of the mojave though.

Please consider a Tekno ET48 2.0, if you're after a really versatile design that doesn't need many upgrades to bash really hard and is great even stock, I would highly recommend this car. It has great diffs, the car is easy to drive and can handle 6s no problem. The one negative I've found is the battery tray, it will take a race size (basically any hard case size battery)battery up to 6s no problem, but it won't take a long battery or a really wide battery. I don't like to recommend non Arrma cars here, but your looking at various brands anyway. All the best with your decision, keep us updated with your final choice.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.yout
Tekno for sure. Having an MT410 already. Quality takes it to the next level. And parts are in decent supply most of the time.
Kyosho is good stuff. I just felt the parts train is not best here in the States. And parts are always costlier as a result.
The Mojave is still my favorite of the Arrma 6s line. A Kyosho GT is a completely different animal. Apples to oranges. Where will you be running your rig?

ube.com/watch?v=fjLZ1JpoXHU&ved=2ahUKEwi5y5bgwcrzAhWjzDgGHR_RA0kQwqsBegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2DRsY5cmcbrhAyUNg75cka
I'll look into it. Also never had a issue with getting kyosho parts ever.. then again it rarely broke when I had one before.. secondly. I've got a kraton for whatever I throw at it. And the newly tt02 as a fun 1/10th scale speed runs. But I am really wanting something great with handling or just be able to run around on some dirt/rocks with low center of gravity. Mojove fits that....
Ha, final RC. We'll see how that goes. My vote is Mojave. A beast in the stock form and something really special imho.
Lol I said that quote many times. It's never the final one.
Well you know. Happy girlfriend....happy life... until I sell something. This is going to be my last purchase until then 🤣

That Kyosho looks sweet😜. The choice is pretty easy just need to answer this.
Press one for parking lot running only.
Press two for all other.

Did you press one? Get the Kyosho.
Did you press two? Get the Mojave.
It’s that simple😉.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.yout

ube.com/watch?v=fjLZ1JpoXHU&ved=2ahUKEwi5y5bgwcrzAhWjzDgGHR_RA0kQwqsBegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2DRsY5cmcbrhAyUNg75cka
I'll look into it. Also never had a issue with getting kyosho parts ever.. then again it rarely broke when I had one before.. secondly. I've got a kraton for whatever I throw at it. And the newly tt02 as a fun 1/10th scale speed runs. But I am really wanting something great with handling or just be able to run around on some dirt/rocks with low center of gravity. Mojove fits that....
Lol I said that quote many times. It's never the final one.
Well you know. Happy girlfriend....happy life... until I sell something. This is going to be my last purchase until then 🤣
That Kyosho looks sweet😜. The choice is pretty easy just need to answer this.
Press one for parking lot running only.
Press two for all other.

Did you press one? Get the Kyosho.
Did you press two? Get the Mojave.
It’s that simple😉.
One and two 😅

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fjLZ1JpoXHU&ved=2ahUKEwi5y5bgwcrzAhWjzDgGHR_RA0kQwqsBegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw2DRsY5cmcbrhAyUNg75cka
I have a Tekno SCT410, set up as a 1/10MT (kind of like a BBRC) It is funny, every time I drive it, I am blown away by how great it drives, and think "man I need to drive this truck more often" But, I have more fun with, and have a stronger attachment with my Arrmas - Granite, Outcast, Kraton, Typhon. Not sure why, maybe the extra smooth drive of the Tekno takes the edge off the experience? Makes it feel less wild, because it is not as out of control? Who knows.

But this week, my boy and I went to the track. Took Kraton, Outcast, Hobao Hyper 10 SCT and the Tekno SCT410. The Tekno was the only one that didn't break at least once. I think my boy's Kraton had 3-4 trips to the pits to fix various issues, and my Outcast broke twice. The Hobao only broke the front bumper, but it drives like crap (poor steering & cheap mushy ESC) compared to everything else we had at the track that day, so I was happy to have an excuse to pit it... LOL The Tekno was just smooth and fast. Did what I told it, and didn't give me any surprises, and didn't break, despite some serious bad landing off the big double.

But, with all that said, I would love a Mojave... :ROFLMAO:

Tekno rigs and C-hub chassis designs in general drive really nice and dial in well.

Tekno rigs and C-hub chassis designs in general drive really nice and dial in well.
I'll have to read and look up some more after work.
Final RC……..😂
I know right? Happy girlfriend... makes for a happier life. Even though she can't complain much. She has a senton 😅

^^^Yeah that saying doesn't hold true.

I jumped through hoops struggling to keep her happy. Then I realized I was not happy trying all the time. Some don't know how to be content and happy with what they got.
I got wife a RC10T team kit when we met. She wanted one badly. I was kind of surprised. But in retrospect it was a dog and pony show I guess.
She gave it to our son. She drove it twice literally. And our son has driven it more than it ever ran. It went to good use at least.:LOL:

^^^Yeah that saying doesn't hold true.

I jumped through hoops struggling to keep her happy. Then I realized I was not happy trying all the time. Some don't know how to be content and happy with what they got.
I got wife a RC10T team kit when we met. She wanted one badly. I was kind of surprised. But in retrospect it was a dog and pony show I guess.
She gave it to our son. She drove it twice literally. And our son has driven it more than it ever ran. It went to good use at least.:LOL:
I mean. I have to completely agree with that.. I've been in a situation prior of meeting her...I'm not saying that she will complain about it. Because I'm always thinking of her needs. Like a new body and she typically gets anything that I take out of stock vehicles. For example. If I do the mojove. I'll strip the esc and motor out of it and take back the max 8 pro and 2600kv and toss it in the mojove.. but she has been learning since the start of summer on my rcs. And she appreciative of everything. I went ahead and bought her a senton mega and swapped everything out electronics wise. She had been wanting to do something together. So I figured it was worth it... but at the same time. We don't have enough room for anything more.. so that's why I said happy girlfriend. She has ocd and other disorders that it trigger her so keeping everything in a organized fashion is important hints happy girlfriend.
Sorry if it's all over the board on topic and subjects. My brain go all over the place 🤣😂

I have a Tekno SCT410, set up as a 1/10MT (kind of like a BBRC) It is funny, every time I drive it, I am blown away by how great it drives, and think "man I need to drive this truck more often" But, I have more fun with, and have a stronger attachment with my Arrmas - Granite, Outcast, Kraton, Typhon. Not sure why, maybe the extra smooth drive of the Tekno takes the edge off the experience? Makes it feel less wild, because it is not as out of control? Who knows.

But this week, my boy and I went to the track. Took Kraton, Outcast, Hobao Hyper 10 SCT and the Tekno SCT410. The Tekno was the only one that didn't break at least once. I think my boy's Kraton had 3-4 trips to the pits to fix various issues, and my Outcast broke twice. The Hobao only broke the front bumper, but it drives like crap (poor steering & cheap mushy ESC) compared to everything else we had at the track that day, so I was happy to have an excuse to pit it... LOL The Tekno was just smooth and fast. Did what I told it, and didn't give me any surprises, and didn't break, despite some serious bad landing off the big double.

But, with all that said, I would love a Mojave... :ROFLMAO:
my ET48 2.0 is the best Truggy I have ever driven and not just how is corners, it jumps so cleanly and it is pretty tough, with next to no upgrades, I run this thing on 6s with Arrma 6s wheels and it never disappoints or feels boring. I have owned several Arrmas, Kratons, Talion, Typhon, BRCC, Infraction, K8s and upgraded all the way from basic to nearly full beefcake, made a race built Kraton and none of them have been as much fun with as much reliability as the Tekno. Sure I have broken it, but not things like the diff gears, I have run the plastic spur (the original one) since I built the kit. It just goes and goes, even with a large motor and high powered ESC. It has it's drawbacks, but if you think that running a 70mph bashers is not edgy I don't know what is? It would flip if I pulled full throttle at 50mph, I was running a 23t pinion for the first 3-4 months of owning it, I have only dropped it down now due to the temps rising as it is getting warmer now in Australia. I have enjoyed my Arrma cars, but I only want to keep the K8s now the rest I am happy to see go. I just got sick of having to fix basic stuff every run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back