Finally some headway on the RC room/man cave..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found some time to do a bit more.. The VP Race Fuel cardboard box was an incredibly insufficient option for new in package parts storage, and I’d wanted to do this for a hot minute.. grabbed up a 24x48” hunk of MDF pegboard from the local Ace Hardware, and ordered the best 1/4” L-hooks I could find for the money. I firred it from the wall with some 1/2” square Poplar, and shot it satin black. Ran out of baby black wood screws, so had to resort to black drywall units across the top and bottom. I just cut them off with the dremel. Good to go. I like it enough to do an exact copy for the back of the door in a couple weeks or so.. 🤙🍺

View attachment 358320View attachment 358321View attachment 358322View attachment 358323View attachment 358324View attachment 358325
Looks great brotha😁👍 I myself am redoing my hobby room to .its alot of fun but same time I just wanna finish up and get it over with .

Looks great brotha😁👍 I myself am redoing my hobby room to .its alot of fun but same time I just wanna finish up and get it over with .
Thanks bigdog! 🍺🤙. That’s awesome, and I feel ya on that too… while mine is most of the way there-I’m sure it’s gonna always be a work in progress.. I’ve got a couple other small additions I’m still working on in here when time allows, but I’m definitely liking it so far-exactly as I’d envisioned what I wanted to do..🤩 Good luck on yours, and keep us posted brothaman!

Thanks bigdog! 🍺🤙. That’s awesome, and I feel ya on that too… while mine is most of the way there-I’m sure it’s gonna always be a work in progress.. I’ve got a couple other small additions I’m still working on in here when time allows, but I’m definitely liking it so far-exactly as I’d envisioned what I wanted to do..🤩 Good luck on yours, and keep us posted brothaman!
Thanks brotha .👍yes it seems like it won't stop .and trying to find time .that's the struggle.i finally got my first peg board system and that's up already.ill eventually post it up when close.i have led lights also that I want to put up around the room like yours .I had some strips left over when I did my son's room.right now I'm just trying to figure out where to put a few shelf's .and I have more painting to do.im going with a black and red theme.my peg boards are red and my furniture / tables and shelves I've been painting black.with Arrma logos on them.🤷 .I wanted a Arrma banner but the only ones I see are huge .won't work with the space i have

Looks awesome my work space is gone (the kitchen table) wife’s restaurant closed over the weekend and our kitchen looks like a bomb went off with a lot of the stuff from her restaurant plus the rest of our trailer too hell my rigs are buried under stuff lol

Awesome looking room!! Like the skateboard decks…I have a Sims Kevin Stabb from the late 80’s or early 90’s 😂
Are those trophies from car shows on top shelf & what were the vehicles

Thanks brotha .👍yes it seems like it won't stop .and trying to find time .that's the struggle.i finally got my first peg board system and that's up already.ill eventually post it up when close.i have led lights also that I want to put up around the room like yours .I had some strips left over when I did my son's room.right now I'm just trying to figure out where to put a few shelf's .and I have more painting to do.im going with a black and red theme.my peg boards are red and my furniture / tables and shelves I've been painting black.with Arrma logos on them.🤷 .I wanted a Arrma banner but the only ones I see are huge .won't work with the space i have

That’s one thing I wish I could’ve done; paint/theme… Just trying to make the most of black shelving, benchtop, pegboard, some racks to come, etc.. I think the black and red is gonna really pop with yours, and of course the Arrma banner if you get find one in a size that’ll fit your requirements.. I’ve actually got a guy that can do it for ya for a pretty reasonable price.. just shoot him a message, and if it’s just a simple emblem/company name; he’ll knock it out for ya.. [email protected] and his name is Ken. Hope that helps brotha! 🤙 looking forward to seeing it when you get to a sharing point!

Looks awesome my work space is gone (the kitchen table) wife’s restaurant closed over the weekend and our kitchen looks like a bomb went off with a lot of the stuff from her restaurant plus the rest of our trailer too hell my rigs are buried under stuff lol
Oh no! That’s rough! 😅 -thanks for the kind words man! 🍺🤙

Awesome looking room!! Like the skateboard decks…I have a Sims Kevin Stabb from the late 80’s or early 90’s 😂
Are those trophies from car shows on top shelf & what were the vehicles

I appreciate it buddy! I skated a lot when I was younger as well.. The trophies are actually from RC car racing from the mid-80’s to the early, to mid ‘90’s. Just a very small few of those earned from that time period. Wanted a mix of past, present, (and hopefully future🤔😅🤷🏻‍♂️) in the RC Dungeon/man cave). I’ve been into cars, hotrods, racecars etc, all my life as well, but always just built, and drove them. While I do enjoy hitting car shows occasionally for the atmosphere, and the eye candy; I’ve never entered my own stuff. 😅

Last edited:
That’s one thing I wish I could’ve done; paint/theme… Just trying to make the most of black shelving, benchtop, pegboard, some racks to come, etc.. I think the black and red is gonna really pop with yours, and of course the Arrma banner if you get find one in a size that’ll fit your requirements.. I’ve actually got a guy that can do it for ya for a pretty reasonable price.. just shoot him a message, and if it’s just a simple emblem/company name; he’ll knock it out for ya.. [email protected] and his name is Ken. Hope that helps brotha! 🤙 looking forward to seeing it when you get to a sharing point!

Oh no! That’s rough! 😅 -thanks for the kind words man! 🍺🤙

I appreciate it buddy! I skated a lot when I was younger as well.. The trophies are actually from RC car racing from the mid-80’s to the early, to mid ‘90’s. Just a very small few of those earned from that time period. Wanted a mix of past, present, (and hopefully future🤔😅🤷🏻‍♂️) in the RC Dungeon/man cave). I’ve been into cars, hotrods, racecars etc, all my life as well, but always just built, and drove them. While I do enjoy hitting car shows occasionally for the atmosphere, and the eye candy; I’ve never entered my own stuff. 😅
Thank you.ill definitely reach out when I'm ready .all's I need is a simple small banner with the Arrma logo on it 😁👍

Thank you.ill definitely reach out when I'm ready .all's I need is a simple small banner with the Arrma logo on it 😁👍
That’s exactly what he does, and it’s a much more garage, race trailer, or man cave size as well.. He’s got some super pimp retro-80’s companies up on his Etsy page that are in stock, and I swear I even saw an Arrma job up there as well if memory serves.. -but if not, he will take a custom order at no extra charge.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1178887042/

Been busy as a one legged man in an ass kickin’ contest with finishing up my electric, and nitro trucks, and then my girls electric.. FINALLY got to pay a bit more attention to the work room.. Nothing crazy spectacular-just a couple small bits I’ve simply not had the time to get after until this evening..

There’s been a couple previous kit boxes taking up a good sized footprint on the bench, in the far left hand corner that I wanted to go through, inventory the left over parts, and break down/trash the boxes. I also have been working on a couple smallish wall mount racks for both my silicone diff/shock fluids, as well as some of my airbrush paints.

IMG_3814.jpeg

I’ve got some more fluids, greases, lubes, etc., that I want to organize too, and these aren’t all of my paints either, and have more on the way, so I’ll be doing two more of these racks; one above, and one below these two, and will relocate the Associated nitro buggy box clipping when I get them up.. They’ll be the same spacing as these two.

Then I wanted to get the cool led strip lighting my girl grabbed me for Christmas up under the lower shelf I built just above the workspace.. Turned out pretty nice I think, and I’m nevvvvvver gonna be using them to their full intensity setting… I like that. 😎
IMG_3816.jpeg

Finally I got the majority of the tools organized/put up, and did a minor cleanup/once over, as I slammed the room back together.

I’ve still got a few things I wanna do after the other (2) racks; build a nice caddy/hanger setup for my Milwaukee m12 drivers, some sort of cubby for our transmitters to get ‘em off the bench, a 3d printed hand tools/drivers caddy, a couple 3d printed stands, or preferably WALL mounts for my chargers to the left hand side of the work area. -also a small shelf of some sort tor the larger aerosol cans to get them off the bench. In fact-there isn’t much I DO want on the bench, but the vehicles, and pit stands.. 😅🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_3810.jpeg
IMG_3811.jpeg
IMG_3812.jpeg

Finally starting to get to what I had envisioned in my head before I started on this project.. 🤙🍻

I just realized-it’s probably time to extend the parts wall pegboard another 18” to the right of the current one, and build a damned tire rack below the Mastodon poster most likely..🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
I hear ya! My hobby room isn’t quite as organized as yours, close, but more of a work in progress.. I keep adding and changing stuff cause I keep buying sh!t. 🤣🙄

I hear ya! My hobby room isn’t quite as organized as yours, close, but more of a work in progress.. I keep adding and changing stuff cause I keep buying sh!t. 🤣🙄
I feel ya on that! I can’t finish the room because I keep working on shiit, I can’t work on shiit because I’m working on the room, then I start buying more shiit.. it’s neverdammitending 🤣

I’m SUPPOSED to be getting started on the bigass 1/8 off-road track in the back yard TOO. 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Back