Perfect Pass Carbon Titanium Driveshafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCaDDict666

Non-Recovering RC Addict
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon TLR
So I bought the Perfect Pass Carbon Titanium driveshafts for my 8S Infraction build. But what I didn’t realize is I can’t run them without removing the front and rear chassis braces. This is a street basher build and I’m not sure if removing these structural pieces are going affect the car in a major way. I still have the tower to tower carbon brace so there is something to hold things together. But any input would be appreciated. I really love the look of the shafts and I know they will perform but I don’t want to sacrifice handling/performance for looks. I have alternative options I’m looking into just in case. Thanks in advance for your help.

Seriously, as long as you're not crashing while bashing on a relatively smooth surface. You should be alright.

But honestly I thought these were really designed for speed runs.
Because that's what Raz designed them for...
To have No (or reduce) vibrations in the center drivetrain at High speeds.

At least that's my understanding.

Raz made a set that is drag/basher approved. Maybe go with a Carbon fiber chassis? I own 3 all by different companies looking to buy Razs but hasn't been in stock since a day after it's release.

Seriously, as long as you're not crashing while bashing on a relatively smooth surface. You should be alright.

You are correct 👍

Slot or redrill holes to mount away from the shaft diameter for clearance. You want to minimize front and rear chassis deflection on the narrow points around the bulkheads from a heavy front or rear impact.

The T2T is going to transfer some, but is mainly designed for tension on a center bottom chassis strike. That assembly has several composite components between chassis and T2T, the stack up and pliability will be too late and the chassis will never recover.

Last edited:

Agreed. But it’s also stated that they will perform on basher/drag applications as well. I wanted to have the option to speed run it later on but also be able to bash it on a more regular basis. Thanks for your input man!
Raz made a set that is drag/basher approved. Maybe go with a Carbon fiber chassis? I own 3 all by different companies looking to buy Razs but hasn't been in stock since a day after it's release.
I’ve been checking on Amazon every day for them to come back in stock. I could’ve got one on eBay for $100 over retail but couldn’t justify spending that much. Hopefully they make more soon so we both can get one!

Last edited:
So I bought the Perfect Pass Carbon Titanium driveshafts for my 8S Infraction build. But what I didn’t realize is I can’t run them without removing the front and rear chassis braces. This is a street basher build and I’m not sure if removing these structural pieces are going affect the car in a major way. I still have the tower to tower carbon brace so there is something to hold things together. But any input would be appreciated. I really love the look of the shafts and I know they will perform but I don’t want to sacrifice handling/performance for looks. I have alternative options I’m looking into just in case. Thanks in advance for your help.
Should have done some more diligent research first. You got the wrong ones.
Raz Shifrin discussed this in his videos.
The fatter PP Version 3's, absolutely need to have both the Front and Rear braces completely removed. No getting around this. This was intentional by Raz's design. Those drive shafts are for 150+MPH Speed running on road chassis' only. And most are running the stiffer PP CF chassis along with these Version 3 Shafts. So the Fr /Rr Braces are not even needed for dedicated speed running.
PP also has the version 1's and version 2's. One of them may fit with the Fr And Rr braces installed as is. IDK 100% for sure. Verify this for yourself.

>>>You don't need the Version 3 PP Driveshafts for bashing at all. (n) Overkill for your application/platform. Just very expensive bling, if anything.

My spin. :cool:

Last edited:
Should have done some more diligent research first. You got the wrong ones.
Raz Shifrin discussed this in his videos.
The fatter PP Version 3's, absolutely need to have both the Front and Rear braces completely removed. No getting around this. This was intentional by Raz's design. Those drive shafts are for 150+MPH Speed running on road chassis' only. And most are running the stiffer PP CF chassis along with these Version 3 Shafts. So the Fr /Rr Braces are not even needed for dedicated speed running.
PP also has the version 1's and version 2's. One of them may fit with the Fr And Rr braces installed as is. IDK 100% for sure. Verify this for yourself.

>>>You don't need the Version 3 PP Driveshafts for bashing at all. (n) Overkill for your application/platform. Just very expensive bling, if anything.

My spin. :cool:
I appreciate your input. I understood that’s what they were for as I was going to dedicate my Infraction to speed runs only. Change of mind after I already received them. If I can run them with the chassis braces in, then I’ll do it. If not there are other options I already have that will work just as good. I wanted to get some just in case they sell out like most of the PP parts do but if they end up not working, no worries. That just means I need to buy a Limitless for speed runs! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back