Granite Pinion Size on Brushless?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TooTall

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Nero
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Going to drop in my HW Max10 SCT and 5900kv brushless this weekend in my Granite Mega 4x4, should I stick with stock pinion or change to the 17T? Probably just run 2S for now.

Thanks
TT

(Update)
Oops, that should be 3900kv motor.

Last edited:
The truck is a little heavy for 5900kv but I would definitely stick with the 14t pinion.

Ooops, fat fingered that, I have a 3900kv motor and I was just given a 3500kv GoolRC also.

Either of them will easily handle the 17t pinion.

Thanks Megasty. I hope the rear input diff holds together, I need to do your mod when I get a little time.

The input's a real mess now. They have been popping on 2S with 3800kv & 3900kv motors. The new input is just solid plastic. These trucks are going to need some help.

Well, I have the spare axles and a spare input diff, so if it pops, I'll use the broken one for your mod :)

My truck cam stock with the 17t pinion, has this happened to anyone else?

Ooohhh okay thanks. Anyone tried the 27 tooth with a brushless setup?

@Cbl522- I’m new to RC and have been tinkering for around a month. Last two weeks I’ve been running a 26T pinion with mamba max pro & 3800kv motor. Had to slightly widen the 27T prefab hole to get proper gear mesh. Running 2s 40c Lipo with no heat issues at all. Haven’t experienced input diff issues so far but reading these threads tells me I should check to be sure. I would assume 27T performance should be very similar to 26T since so close. Can anyone confirm I’m correct in this statement?

Sounds good, ill go ahead and order it. What kind of performance gains did the 26 give you?

Significant increase in top end speed while still having enough get up and go for my liking. If I were to guess, the 17t pinion gave me low-mid 20’s and 26T was high 20’s-low 30’s. Going to use a speedometer app on my phone to get a better gauge. I’ll let you know

That's fast! I've ordered a 27t pinion and a 3s lipo. Hope it holds up and I can get tthe same results

Can someone guve me a link to the 27tooth pinion gear? Does Arrma even sell the part? Thanks in advance.
That's fast! I've ordered a 27t pinion and a 3s lipo. Hope it holds up and I can get tthe same results
Do have a p/n or link to the 27tooth pinion you got? Just installed a brushelees and still want more speed!

Can someone guve me a link to the 27tooth pinion gear? Does Arrma even sell the part? Thanks in advance.

Do have a p/n or link to the 27tooth pinion you got? Just installed a brushelees and still want more speed!

It's just a 27t 48p pinion (if you have a Mega not a BLX) no part # needed numerous people make them just make sure you get one with the right bore size 3.175mm or 5mm for whatever shaft size your motor has.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back