Talion Planted high speed basher: Talion EXB, Kraton or E-Revo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea it's really hard to recommend talion exb rtr even though it's my favorite platform. The Kraton exb roller is such a better deal. If you can get one from joostin in the classifieds section that totally changes things, then you can sell spektrum electronics and come out on top maybe even more so than the kraton exb.

Building one from jrc parts is also a great option.

I think the talion shocks and shock placement make it a bit different than the kraton. I have both and I've never liked my k6s as much as my talion. Even when I put 6s backflips (best tire ever) on the talion it still was different. It also flies better. I kinda thought that might be a rare opinion but I've seen a handful of guys agree with me. :ROFLMAO:
I do imagine there's gotta be some difference between the 2, since the shocks and towers are quite different. I just don't notice it with "my" use. My brother and I use them on the track almost exclusively, so no big air or high speeds to speak of..guess I'm Atypical (Outcast?)yet again..🤔🤷‍♂️😂😂 🍻

@parcou I was expecting your response to suggest the fire team! The talion may be better Street oriented or smoother conditions oriented. But it seems like a fire team, which is my favorite “if I can only have one“ car really fits the description. I’m sure both will be good… But I can’t imagine anything being much better than ripping balls across a bumpy field with a fire team. maybe a Mojave? I’ve never driven one.
I own a Fireteam and love it. I changed to stock ESC to a EZRun Max6 because it blew out when i changed the pinion gear to 21 and took it off-road. Also changed the stock motor to a (bearly fitting) Rocket 4092 1650KV. And finally put some Big Louise tires on and man this thing rips, it is just scary!

I really love my Outcast EXB for ehat it does, but it always lures me into doing (or trying to do) stunts, flips and the like, more often than not ending with crashes, repairs, and still-charged 6S packs. :D

That's why I'm considering a second car to accompany my Outcast. What I'm looking for is well-controlled high-speed bashing with a very planted suspension. Basically, that would be the E-Revo 2.0.

Thing is, I'd prefer not to buy into another ecosystem but use my existing stuff, from replacement parts to battery packs. Question is: Could either the Kraton or the Talion offer a driving experience / performance comparable to the E-Revo?
I'm not looking for raw power beast mode or stunt capability - that's the realm where my Outcast resides happily, and I don't need a second car doing that same thing. But I need (read: want) a car, that remains well controlled at high speed over rough-ish terrain and at fast, long jumps.

And yes, I'm aware of the Senton series, but I don't like their style. So not up for discussion. :D

Edit:
Post didn't show up for quite a while after creation, so I created a new one. This was the "old" one, but threads have been merged since. Thanks a lot @mods. :)
My opinion is that E-Revo is a pig. My son owns one and it drives like an oceanliner with wheels. A Kraton has the same footprint and is far less squirrely at speed. If you're looking for speed on the dirt, have you considered a Tekno ET48 2.0? The new gear boxes can handle 6s and the truck is already really fast on just 4s. The Tekno is M2Cracing supported too, lots of beaf ups available. If that's too pricey My vote is for a Kraton. It's an incredibly versatile truck. It's my go to truck for high speed open terrain bashing.

Thanks so much for the feedback! That's a pretty unequivocal outcome. :D
There's just two things I'm left wondering. One is relevant, the other one is born out of curiosity.

1) Relevant:
Terrain will include grass. Not tall grass, but not super-short either. As the Talion runs lower than the Kraton my plan was to switch to larger tires (Proline Badlands MX38) to increase ground clearance, and because I like the look. Good idea, or bad idea?

2) Curiosity:
If we are talking low center of gravity, how does the Talion EXB compare to the Typhon 6S? Especially if the Typhon would be fitted with larger tires as well? I'd assume the Typhon wins the precision/control compartment but loses the speed/ground clearance compartment?
I am not an expert, only been in the RC World for a little over one year however I do currently own a Talion EXB and previously owned a 6s Typhoon. Several months back I foolishly traded the Typhoon for a TRX4 which I regret because it was awesome but at the time I wanted to get into crawling. That said, the Talion is the best rc that I have owned to date. Typhoon not far behind. They run with the same motor and esc combo and while the Talion is blazing fast, the Typhoon being lighter and running a larger stock pinion is even faster. They drive very similar although you have more control with the Talion given the EXB platform. Both absolutely rip off-road. I drove the Typhoon in some of the most challenging places like muddy construction sites with good size rocks all over and it tore through it all no problem. Bottom got scratched buy nothing fazed it. Absolutely scary fast the Typhoon is. You cannot go wrong with either for what you are seeking to do with them.

Thanks for all your feedback and valuable input! With discontinuation of the Talion EXB looming on the horizon, I decided it's time for deeds over deliberations.

My wife's Granite 3S, my Outcast, and the newly acquired Talion EXB. :)
P_20230416_084822_1.jpg

Thanks for all your feedback and valuable input! With discontinuation of the Talion EXB looming on the horizon, I decided it's time for deeds over deliberations.

My wife's Granite 3S, my Outcast, and the newly acquired Talion EXB. :)
View attachment 293359
You really made the right decision and I'm willing to bet the talion won't be discontinued. If anything they will just release a new version. Bash on bro! and remember those talion tires will go bald QUICK on road.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back