Talion Planted high speed basher: Talion EXB, Kraton or E-Revo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiffLock

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast EXB
  3. Talion EXB
I really love my Outcast EXB for ehat it does, but it always lures me into doing (or trying to do) stunts, flips and the like, more often than not ending with crashes, repairs, and still-charged 6S packs. :D

That's why I'm considering a second car to accompany my Outcast. What I'm looking for is well-controlled high-speed bashing with a very planted suspension. Basically, that would be the E-Revo 2.0.

Thing is, I'd prefer not to buy into another ecosystem but use my existing stuff, from replacement parts to battery packs. Question is: Could either the Kraton or the Talion offer a driving experience / performance comparable to the E-Revo?
I'm not looking for raw power beast mode or stunt capability - that's the realm where my Outcast resides happily, and I don't need a second car doing that same thing. But I need (read: want) a car, that remains well controlled at high speed over rough-ish terrain and at fast, long jumps.

And yes, I'm aware of the Senton series, but I don't like their style. So not up for discussion. :D

Edit:
Post didn't show up for quite a while after creation, so I created a new one. This was the "old" one, but threads have been merged since. Thanks a lot @mods. :)

Last edited:
So I'm thinking about adding a second car to drive alongside my Outcast EXB.

What I'm looking for:
Well-planted suspension at high speeds making for a controlled ride over rough(ish) terrain and well controlled long, fast jumps. I'm not looking for raw power beast mode and ultimate stunt capability, my Outcast has plenty of both.

From what I've seen and read, that's pretty much the domain of the E-Revo.
But given I have Spektrum 6S packs and a lot of replacement parts for Arrma (my wife runs a Granite 3S) I'd prefer not to buy into a new ecosystem.

Which brings me to the core of my question: Could either the Kraton or the Talion, possibly with some suspension tuning, provide a driving performance / experience similar to what the E-Revo offers?

Talion for sure. It was my first Arrma and I was looking at the Kraton 8S. My LHS talked me out of buying a $1000 rig and told me…” That’s not what you want. It’s not fast enough.” I immediately put the “go fast” gear and couldn’t believe it was that fast and it has everything you need to tune and upgrade. I had 2” hub extensions to make it wider. I’d invest in @3d-rc.myshopify.com unbreakable wing mount and front bumper cushion.

2D964A96-D4C1-4922-B325-9AFA279D9945.jpeg

So I'm thinking about adding a second car to drive alongside my Outcast EXB.

What I'm looking for:
Well-planted suspension at high speeds making for a controlled ride over rough(ish) terrain and well controlled long, fast jumps. I'm not looking for raw power beast mode and ultimate stunt capability, my Outcast has plenty of both.

From what I've seen and read, that's pretty much the domain of the E-Revo.
But given I have Spektrum 6S packs and a lot of replacement parts for Arrma (my wife runs a Granite 3S) I'd prefer not to buy into a new ecosystem.

Which brings me to the core of my question: Could either the Kraton or the Talion, possibly with some suspension tuning, provide a driving performance / experience similar to what the E-Revo offers?
Yes. You don’t need an E-revo. I had one, and imo it’s super fragile. I’m guessing a talion would be good. The rear links of an erevo break when you look at them😂

I vote Talion. I have a handful of cars and my Talion is still my favorite. It is super fast and agile, but can take a beating with the best of them.
I was actually looking to buy an E-Revo and was talked out of it by the guy at the Hobby store. My Talion was my first Arrma and I dropped Traxxas completely since that day.

I vote Talion. I have a handful of cars and my Talion is still my favorite. It is super fast and agile, but can take a beating with the best of them.
I was actually looking to buy an E-Revo and was talked out of it by the guy at the Hobby store. My Talion was my first Arrma and I dropped Traxxas completely since that day.
Same. No matter what Traxxas comes out with I’ll never go back.

Go with the talion. It was my first car, and that thing ripped well. I've bought some rc's after that one, but that thing has it all, it bashes well, it's planted on every surface I've used it which includes asphalt, grass and dirt. Initially I wanted an e-revo but was thrown away because of the driveshafts issues and the annoying way that is to work around it. The talion is way friendlier to work on while having better a better quality parts on it. While the kraton is like the talion, the talion is more planted than the kraton. Although you can tune the kraton to feel the same, I would go with the kraton, you won't be disappointed.

What I'm looking for:
Well-planted suspension at high speeds making for a controlled ride over rough(ish) terrain and well controlled long, fast jumps.
You basically described the Talion.

I don't think the e-revo fits this description, it has so much body rolls on turns, it's far from being suitable for high speeds

I vote Talion over E Revo. But also think the Kraton is a better choice than E Revo..
I like the Revo, but it's just too limited I feel. The battery trays are very small, also, while the suspension is very tunable, it's a female dog to work on. Shock removal is very time consuming. Also, no sway bars, which should be considered essential for speed bashing. Weight is not in favor of the Revo either I don't think.
Changing springs or fluids on an Arrma is a breeze by comparison. Even gearing changes are in Arrma's favor.
I don't know what you're willing to spend or build, but a Kraton exb will give you a great wide open platform to build on, handles nearly as good as the Talion, without being roped into the Spektrum electronics.
My vote, K6EXB😁😎🍻

I really love my Outcast EXB for ehat it does, but it always lures me into doing (or trying to do) stunts, flips and the like, more often than not ending with crashes, repairs, and still-charged 6S packs. :D

That's why I'm considering a second car to accompany my Outcast. What I'm looking for is well-controlled high-speed bashing with a very planted suspension. Basically, that would be the E-Revo 2.0.

Thing is, I'd prefer not to buy into another ecosystem but use my existing stuff, from replacement parts to battery packs. Question is: Could either the Kraton or the Talion offer a driving experience / performance comparable to the E-Revo?
I'm not looking for raw power beast mode or stunt capability - that's the realm where my Outcast resides happily, and I don't need a second car doing that same thing. But I need (read: want) a car, that remains well controlled at high speed over rough-ish terrain and at fast, long jumps.

And yes, I'm aware of the Senton series, but I don't like their style. So not up for discussion. :D

I am NOT the best at answering this post.... My $0.02

No, for the Kraton...it could but it needs lots of changes..I think
Talion EXB... is made for what you said. It is a speed truck for off-road and can use it on-road

ERevo - I have no idea the only time I see the ERevo is when I am basking it with my best friend against my Kraton EXB. ERevo does not strike me as all that stable as a fast-speed truck....or maybe that is my best Bud bad driving :LOL:

Good luck with a pick and feedback

Thanks so much for the feedback! That's a pretty unequivocal outcome. :D
There's just two things I'm left wondering. One is relevant, the other one is born out of curiosity.

1) Relevant:
Terrain will include grass. Not tall grass, but not super-short either. As the Talion runs lower than the Kraton my plan was to switch to larger tires (Proline Badlands MX38) to increase ground clearance, and because I like the look. Good idea, or bad idea?

2) Curiosity:
If we are talking low center of gravity, how does the Talion EXB compare to the Typhon 6S? Especially if the Typhon would be fitted with larger tires as well? I'd assume the Typhon wins the precision/control compartment but loses the speed/ground clearance compartment?

Thanks so much for the feedback! That's a pretty unequivocal outcome. :D
There's just two things I'm left wondering. One is relevant, the other one is born out of curiosity.

1) Relevant:
Terrain will include grass. Not tall grass, but not super-short either. As the Talion runs lower than the Kraton my plan was to switch to larger tires (Proline Badlands MX38) to increase ground clearance, and because I like the look. Good idea, or bad idea?

2) Curiosity:
If we are talking low center of gravity, how does the Talion EXB compare to the Typhon 6S? Especially if the Typhon would be fitted with larger tires as well? I'd assume the Typhon wins the precision/control compartment but loses the speed/ground clearance compartment?
1)
Terrible! Backflip LPs win!

1)
Terrible! Backflip LPs win!
I know, but as I run them on the Outcast already, all I need to do is switching them over. I'm more concerned about the change in size and what it does (or does not) to handling and component stress, not so much about the change in tread pattern. :)

I know, but as I run them on the Outcast already, all I need to do is switching them over. I'm more concerned about the change in size and what it does (or does not) to handling and component stress, not so much about the change in tread pattern. :)
Oops. Sorry! I don’t know too much, but the typhon is also a shorter wheelbase to the talion. More snappy and precise. A talion, due to longer wheelbase, would soak up bumps a bit better imo. Only typhon I’ve seen didn’t like grass.

I wouldn’t put big tires on a Typhon. I tried it and it just ruined the handling IMO.

I would choose Kraton over Talion if you need ground clearance and are going to do taller tires anyway.
I have the Mojo Fortress tires on my stretched typhon & I love em!! Also Mojo arms & shocks so it's kind of a Mojave w/ a typhon body- soaks up the humps & bumps just fine 😉🙂

20230329_122914.jpg

20230329_121855.jpg

I am NOT the best at answering this post.... My $0.02

No, for the Kraton...it could but it needs lots of changes..I think
Talion EXB... is made for what you said. It is a speed truck for off-road and can use it on-road

ERevo - I have no idea the only time I see the ERevo is when I am basking it with my best friend against my Kraton EXB. ERevo does not strike me as all that stable as a fast-speed truck....or maybe that is my best Bud bad driving :LOL:

Good luck with a pick and feedback
@parcou I was expecting your response to suggest the fire team! The talion may be better Street oriented or smoother conditions oriented. But it seems like a fire team, which is my favorite “if I can only have one“ car really fits the description. I’m sure both will be good… But I can’t imagine anything being much better than ripping balls across a bumpy field with a fire team. maybe a Mojave? I’ve never driven one.

I have the Mojo Fortress tires on my stretched typhon & I love em!! Also Mojo arms & shocks so it's kind of a Mojave w/ a typhon body- soaks up the humps & bumps just fine 😉🙂

View attachment 291644

View attachment 291645
I’m sure it’s fun that way, but with the shorter arms, shocks, and chassis of the typhon those taller tires don’t work as well. IMO.

Cool car by the way!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back