Talion Planted high speed basher: Talion EXB, Kraton or E-Revo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shame you don't like the Senton. A Senton 6S sounds like it'd be perfect for you. I get the look thing cause it took a while for me to warm up to the SCT look also. I bought a used one from LHS and I've been in love ever since...complete animal on just about any surface. Only issue is due to the smaller width you get a lot of barrel rolls and cartwheels that can lead to "long walks of shame". But with the extra padding the Senton just takes all of it...flip it back over and go (look at the walks as exercise) LOL.
You can also consider building a hybrid of what you want too. The Talion is a great place to start. I'd say get a Talion if you wanna keep it simple. I was a Talion man before I got into the Senton. A Kraton would be my next choice. A Fireteam is really a Mojave with longer arms and a different body. You could make some combination of the 4 to get a Talion or Kraton XL. I want to do a Senton XL (Senton towers on LWB Talion/Kraton chassis but I haven't found a body that would make sense yet. I may try just widening it with Mojave arms and/or Kraton hubs to see how that goes. The beauty of the Arrma 6S lineup is that most if not all the parts are interchangeable so can "make" any type of car to suit what you want to do.
Oh yeah!! The conceivable combos possible are crazy!! I love the sct's too.. how bout a kraton or talion chassis, Senton 6s cage and bumpers with typhon suspension? A true 1/8 sct. Hobao SC8 body to cap it off..hmm..sounds delicious!!
Nothing against the Senton 6s, but too short a chassis for 6s IMO.
How bout a Typhon XL? Kraton chassis, mojo suspension TC Asuga body.. I've made one, didn't get the Asuga body yet though..

Oh yeah!! The conceivable combos possible are crazy!! I love the sct's too.. how bout a kraton or talion chassis, Senton 6s cage and bumpers with typhon suspension? A true 1/8 sct. Hobao SC8 body to cap it off..hmm..sounds delicious!!
How bout a Typhon XL? Kraton chassis, mojo suspension TC Asuga body.. I've made one, didn't get the Asuga body yet though..
I have to look up that Hobao SC8 body...LOL!!! The Senton 6S chassis is actually the same as the Typhon/Outcast/Notorious. The lighter weight makes it a beast. I just wish it was a little longer to soak up even more bumps!

To but all of the above in perspective

Talion + Backflip LP (4S) =
Big Cat Run GIF by Natural History Museums of Los Angeles County

Kraton with 6S Backflip =
Jumping Freak Out GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

Fireteam =
costume giraffe GIF

Outcast 6S
horse GIF

Damn you!!!! I'm on the Hobao website right now about to pick up not 1 but 2 bodies!!! LOL. It looks like it is the perfect wheelbase (370-375mm) for the Talion chassis. I woke up today saying I wasn't gonna buy ANYTHING....Thanks for the info and suggestion!!!! Really appreciate it cause I was stumped on how I could get a SCT body on a Talion chassis...
http://hobao-racing.com/en/products_OffRoad_buffya1.php?id=118

I have to look up that Hobao SC8 body...LOL!!! The Senton 6S chassis is actually the same as the Typhon/Outcast/Notorious. The lighter weight makes it a beast. I just wish it was a little longer to soak up even more bumps!
Yep, that's why I was saying kraton chassis..just gives more stability for 6s speeds.. by all means, check the specs on the Hobao SC8. Same wheelbase as a k6, I believe the track is really close to a Typhon 6s.. I had it all planned out, then went a different route due to a lack of financing, LOL.
Or Talion..your call👍😉😂
To but all of the above in perspective

Talion + Backflip LP (4S) =
Big Cat Run GIF by Natural History Museums of Los Angeles County

Kraton with 6S Backflip =
Jumping Freak Out GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

Fireteam =
costume giraffe GIF

Outcast 6S
horse GIF
So true!! HaHa!! I will say tho, a Kraton on LP's isn't far off from image number 1..

AND.. no disrespect to the mighty Senton 6s!! I know folks love it and why. Just that for me, I need just a tad more stability with the anger..which is why I feel the kraton or talion chassis would give just a touch more stability at speed, yet not as roll happy as the mojo..or heavy..that mojo body is just too much for me. It's just too much..looks great however!!
Agreed, once my 6S Backflip are done, the Kraton will go on 4SBackflip as well. Still a cow in comparison though :ROFLMAO:
Eh.. I don't see it..my bro and I race on a track with these things, the Talion does give a slightly better turn in but, that's about it..🤷‍♂️🍻

Thanks so much for all the information and the highly interesting discussions so far! Greatly appreciated!

In the meantime, I used the various leads here as a starting point to do some more detail reading, and after digging through various old(er) threads as well as the Arrma support section I now settled for a Talion EXB. :)

Reasoning:
Based on available information so far, all options that received recommendations (i.e., Kraton, Talion, Fireteam, Mojave) are pretty close, and mods frequently change one into another. Kraton, Talion, and Fireteam all run the same suspension arms, with differences in track width coming from tire width and steering blocks. Running 6S Backflips and exchanging the Talion chassis for a Mojave chassis gives me a Talion XL - basically a lightweight Fireteam with a slightly narrower track and slightly lower ground clearance.
Talking about ground clearance: differences seem to be less stark than expected. I haven't found reliable measurements, but if all trucks - Kraton, Talion, Fireteam, Mojave - would mount the exact same tires, I'd be surprised if the difference in ground clearance between them was more than a few millimeters.

Long story short:
I think the Talion EXB is a great starting point for what I want to achieve / experience, with plenty of options to widen its stance, increase its wheelbase, and so on. The Fireteam does sound highly interesting, but I don't dig the look and lowering its center of gravity sufficiently while shedding a significant amount of weight seems to require much more effort than starting with a Talion and go for a longer wheelbase in case it should feel too short. Sure, Spektrum electronics, but it runs fine in my Outcast. I'll exchange it when it breaks.

It could possibly take some time until purchase as other things might have priority in the next few weeks (we'll see - otherwise it's a positive surprise, which is always good), but I'm really looking forward to adding a Talion to my RC garage. :)

I agree, good choice. There so interchangeable, as you've discovered, you can always mix it up.
The Talion and Kraton are like swiss army knives..they can be adapted for nearly any terrain or style of bashing and even racing..
The LWB FT and Mojo are more specific in there specialties..open spaces namely (IMO). Not bad by any means, just more aligned for that terrain.
As to ground clearance, it varies with tire size. If you find it listed, that only applies to the tires the vehicle was equipped with from factory..
My take with tire size is, as long as the chassis can touch the ground before the shocks bottom out, they're okay to use. Big tires upset handling to some degree, but also increase gyro effect..good for air control/stunting as well as ground clearance of course. Good luck! Be sure to share pics!!😁👍🍻

So this is probably an unpopular opinion, but my favorite tires for the Talion are the Fireteam tires. I've tried both the 4s and 6s backflips and I like the FT tires the best. (I don't like them on the Fireteam though)
They are tall so you get plenty of ground clearance, they look better than the backflips on the Talion because they are not as wide and it still looks like a truggy. They handle great with a lighter vehicle. They have plenty of air control. And they have a big sidewall to help with hard landings.

This is just my opinion. Please don't kill me...

I'd like to add.. I love the Talion, I love the EXB line.. I don't like the RTR EXB line.. just me.
The Spektrum stuff runs fine, just nothing notable is all.✌
yea it's really hard to recommend talion exb rtr even though it's my favorite platform. The Kraton exb roller is such a better deal. If you can get one from joostin in the classifieds section that totally changes things, then you can sell spektrum electronics and come out on top maybe even more so than the kraton exb.

Building one from jrc parts is also a great option.
I can definitely believe that. Weight is a real drawback on both the FT and Mojo. Someone mentioned that a kraton needs alot of changes to be similar to a Talion.. I know the Talion has sharper steering, but otherwise, they're very similar IMO. Put the same tires and body on both, it's almost impossible to feel a difference in driving.. between my brother and I, we have KEXB, Talion EXB and K6 V5..as well as 2 E Revos..
I think the talion shocks and shock placement make it a bit different than the kraton. I have both and I've never liked my k6s as much as my talion. Even when I put 6s backflips (best tire ever) on the talion it still was different. It also flies better. I kinda thought that might be a rare opinion but I've seen a handful of guys agree with me. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back