Talion Please Help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

18mark11

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hey guys, new to the forum, new to rc in general. I've recently bought a talion 6s and after reading on here and seeing youtube videos, decided to change to the radio system and upgrade the servo from the off. I'm also going to look at diff oils etc, but, long story short, following YouTube videos, I've managed to remove the old servo and receiver etc, I've hooked up the new servo to check it works and it does but this is where I need help.. even with YouTube videos and reading the instructions, I can't put it all back together, in fact, I don't even know where to start! Any chance anyone has a video showing this? Right now the car is in bits on my dining table lol

For the future maby a good idea, to take some photos with the smartphone of the parts.
Before and during the proces
Thats what i did with my first cars :)

You know what, literally, at the point of realising I was in the poop I thought.. I know what would have been a good idea.. taking photos of each stage and the screws for each bit so putting it back together would be easier.. just a shame I didn't think of it before I was in the poop lol
Good luck, it's not that difficult. Use the blow up in the manual to see how it goes together. Hope this helps any problems just ask ?

Thanks bud, not sure if this is your video or not but this is one I used to get to where I am, the problem I have is at the very beginning of what screws go where on the esc and esc mount, where the wire goes to the receiver etc. Basically I took on a job too big for the knowledge I have and am probably quite lucky to get as far as I have lol. Definitely learned a big lesson today though so silver lining I suppose

When you’re looking at the parts diagram (or the exploded view) note that the way Arrma assigns part numbers to screws and focus on the last 3 digits of the part number to tell you what size they are.
ie: AR722412 (The last 3 digits mean it’s a M4 x 12mm screw)

Link to Talion exploded view
https://www.arrma-rc.com/interactive-exploded-view/ARA106048

Changing a servo is about as easy as it can get. Can you post some pics of what you are struggling with?

It probably is bud and I have no doubt it's me at fault lol, I am a complete and utter self confessed newbie to rc and have never really tinkered with anything or been 'hands on' with bikes, cars or anything like that so to me even the most simple of tasks is difficult. Being honest I think the fear of getting it wrong is preventing me seeing things clearly and just need someone who knows what they're doing to walk me through it, either confirm I was doing it right just need to be less of a pussy and get on with it or highlight a few tips to make it easier. Fortunately, someone local is going to do that this morning so all good for now

It probably is bud and I have no doubt it's me at fault lol, I am a complete and utter self confessed newbie to rc and have never really tinkered with anything or been 'hands on' with bikes, cars or anything like that so to me even the most simple of tasks is difficult. Being honest I think the fear of getting it wrong is preventing me seeing things clearly and just need someone who knows what they're doing to walk me through it, either confirm I was doing it right just need to be less of a pussy and get on with it or highlight a few tips to make it easier. Fortunately, someone local is going to do that this morning so all good for now
I used to have this fear when I started. I was in over my head too. Just know that will pass as you get used to working on them. In six months you’ll look back at this time and have a good laugh. ✌?

Do everyone a favor and post a resolution i.e. what prevented you from completing. It will help others, no need to be shy about it :) We all learn.

Basically, a mixture of the instructions themselves not being 100% accurate and me not having the knowledge to easily overcome it (doubting yourself). It shows the servo laying sideways but it actually goes length ways. The servo being ever so slightly taller meaning a slight tweak had to be made to where the rubber grommets go on so the new servo sat higher in the servo holder and apart from that, just having the balls to do it and trusting in yourself. I can 100% say though I'm glad I asked someone local to show me as I did pick up a few things but also just gave me confidence watching him work on it. You don't have to be as gentle on it as I probably thought you had to be. Sounds daft when you think you're quite happy driving it at 50mph off a ramp to land 20 feet away lol but basically, in short.. experience. It's great to give it a go but don't be afraid to ask for help

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back