Vendetta Possible voltage issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which makes zero sense. Because on HH (under the ESC page) site it clearly states the Firma 100A can do both 6.0 and 7.4v. Or is the Firma 100a locked on the detta? Or is it changeable via the ESC programmer you buy separately? Should I switch to the 6.0v version of the servo and see what it does? I'm at a loss.
The Detta comes with a Factory spec'ed kit ESC. BEC locked out. The retail version of the same 100 amp ESC has BEC selectability.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/on/demandw...4b33/Manuals/SPMXSE1100-Programming_Guide.pdf
The marketting does indicate 6v or 7.4 v. What's in the box is actually what you get. Surely a bone of contention.:mad:
The Firma 100 only supplies 4 amps of BEC. (n)That Reedy HV servo may just be too much of a power hog for this ESC. Specs say can be run at 6v or 7.4. I find it odd that the Reedy Servo's Idle and Stall amp specs aren't offered. Most any decent servo offers that info. It could tell the story.

Last edited:
I have several 3s version arrma's but I am not familiar with the Vendetta. Big Rock, Senton, and granite are the models. Anything lower than a 70 c rated battery will kick them into LVC when they are pushed hard. Ever since I purchased high C rated quality batteries {at least 100C} it is no longer an issue and all is well. The MAH really will just amount to the longer run time, but the higher C rating will keep the battery from that fast drain sag when pushed.

Last edited:
Wonder if the Hobbywing box will work? Same box but probably locked out due to firmware p/n's.

I put a whole pack through it in 20 mins without out an issue last night on lunch break at work. Talking multiple 0 to 100% throttles back to back. On a 55mph road.
Work is on a 10 mile long road. So I can run it further at full throttle vs short bursts on my street.
Wonder if the Hobbywing box will work? Same box but probably locked out due to firmware p/n's.
I'll have the spektrum one this weekend or Monday.

Maybe it was a bad battery. Because this happened last Sunday. Battery exited chat while I was running it. Saved the car. Melted one strap. Slight hot spot on frame. Got burned in the process. HH is warranting the battery.

20231001_170951.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back