Post your favorite real car, old or not....not your dream car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you ever get a car you bought when just broke years ago but it just still hung around until it grew on you....never a popular car but I still have a good running '04 Dodge Stratus RT over 250k but it stills runs good, NO leaks...new schools guys always want to race me. White is my IS F-sport....she's fast and fun!

1647748702698.png

Had two of these in my youth. Bear in mind I'm in the UK 🤣. Absolutely love these things.
View attachment 207251
This Car is no Joke, drove one before, and Im telling you it flies .....killed a mopped VW GTI on the Autobahn one day with that Peugeot
Bought a brand new 1985 GT like this one, same exact car and engine but the 85 was Holley carburated and 86 was first year fuel injucted.

Not a Ford guy myself, but owned the 85 GT and a couple F150s thru the years.

A lot of Ford guys are pissed that the new Mustang GT is downgraded 10 hp this year, many will not feel the difference but it's a turn off by Mustang purist. Chevy and Dodge no change in hp, and the new Z06 Corvette actually increased hp for 2023. Also Ford uses the junk manual transmission in the GT, if you want the Tremec transmission you will have to pony up for the GT 350 or 500. A total deal breaker for me.
*Take Note......Arrmadillo had rich Parents :LOL:

his Car is no Joke, drove one before, and Im telling you it flies .....killed a mopped VW GTI on the Autobahn one day with that Peugeot
Had a miami blue 1600 and a sorrento green 1900 with an mi16 engine. Sub ton rocket. Sold them for peanuts circa 2001. Now a pristine model is fetching £20,000. Like you say, no joke.

If I won the Powerball drawing so I could retire AND pay for health care, I'd have time to finish my projects and spend more time playing with (and me breaking) our 3S Arrrmas.

1st would be my rusty 454, 4 speed '69 Camaro. I've got a cleaner body, an 8.1 that needs a refresh, aluminum heads (Raylar), and an LP injection system. A T-56 would be a nice upgrade and I'd be able to afford the JL8 brakes too. The plan is to autocross it at some local tracks (Road America is an hour away).

Next would be to restore my loaded '78 W78, WS6 Trans Am. Mice got into the HVAC and chewed a few wires.

My dream car would be more along the lines of the '55 Chevy in American Graffiti or Two Lane Blacktop. Stupid cubic inches that has to idle at 1,100 RPM and makes more power than two tires can handle.

Or a C8.

On edit, an '81 TQC factory racer would be fun too.

In high school I was sure this was the best car in the world. This was my pride an joy back in 2001. It is a 1991 MR-2 Turbo:

1647885071779.png

After that car in 2002 I had a 1987 Buick Regal T-Type Limited. (same as the Grand National but more sleeper)
In this picture I was doing some body work/painting (only pictures that I have of the car)

1647885146800.png

Then some 5 cars later I found my true love :love:
1995 Nissan 240sx with a Japanese 98 front end swap. I hope to get another later this year with an LS3 swap. I have a soft spot for 90's Japanese cars.

1647885245716.png

If they were not so expensive I would get a 96-96 supra twin turbo. At the current price point I could get a Lambo...

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back