Pro-line wheels with removable hubs..!! Do Not Buy, save your money..!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm... That sucks to hear. 😐 I'm using PL wheels with plastic 14mm & 17mm RAID adapters on both my 3S rigs, and my buddy uses 12mm ones on his Rustler. Seemed like a smart and flexible solution at the time, given that this allowed us to all share the exact same wheels and tires (MX28 Badlands) just with different adapters.

Wasn't aware these adapters were such a potential weak point though. They've all survived so far, but we'll have to keep an eye on them now...

I know I have a couple sets of 1/5 wheels for my hpi baja and losi that have a metal ring around the hub to prevent that from happening.

Well, this kinda stuff seals the deal for me..
BTW, anyone remember the aluminum adapters being on sale a while back for around $10 a pair?
Look's like @stevenwm might? 😉😁🍻
So let's recap, $100+ for the wheels/tires(3.8) , and another $100 for adapters!? No thanks.. I'd rather quit the hobby..

Yeah I posted in regards a few years ago. Had the same issue. Badlands 3.8's on Raid wheels.
I got caught out there with the PL Adapter Raid wheel design. They suck. Cracking. And PL wants you to buy their Expensive "Alloy Adapters" to suck you into their new wheel design. Like $95.00. for 4 alloy adapters. (n) Or you will keep eating the Plastic adapters. PL has you over a barrel.

The plastic ones don't cut it. It only benefits PL with reducing inventory while offering crossover wheels for many more Hex sizes and Offsets.
It's why I only Buy PL Race disk wheels if anything. I see adapters have become a thing now however, with other brands.
MethodRC wheels does that now. Maybe their hex hub adapters are stronger? IDK.:unsure:

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...o-offset-aluminum-hex-adapters/PRO635600.html

The plastic hexes are only good on 1/10th scale stuff like the Stampede.

It seems Prolines plastic hex’s can’t handle jumping or 6s power

But they are solid w aluminum hex’s and extra glue

I have a few sets aluminum hex’s if anyone’s interested

View attachment 306946
Are you kidding me.
How did you end up with several hundred dollars in those adapters??????:rolleyes:
My wallet would have shot me and put me out to pasture if I did that.
Do you work for PL or something?:ROFLMAO:

Are you kidding me.
How did you end up with several hundred dollars in those adapters??????:rolleyes:
My wallet would have shot me and put me out to pasture if I did that.
Do you work for PL or something?:ROFLMAO:
Read the posts above ^^^ on sale for $9 a pair.

Just looked around and noticed GPM produces 8x32 to 17MM alloy adapters (ostensibly from 7075T-6 aluminium) for Proline 3.8in wheels, with a 1/2 inch offset. (No 6x30 adapters for 2.8 wheels, though.)

At about 50 euro for a full set of four, they are at least more reasonably priced. But as with anything from GPM/Integy and the like, I'm a bit skeptical about the actual quality... Anyone got any experience with these?

Read the posts above ^^^ on sale for $9 a pair.

Not since I missed out on half-price Super Soakers at my local toy store back in the 90's have I regretted missing a sale this much...

Yeah the 6x30 1/1017mm wheel alloys are Now discontinued. Not much help at all.

Wait... Proline's aluminium 6x30 adapters are officially discontinued, to boot? So you can't even get them anymore even if you were willing to pay the exorbitant price? :LOL:

(Well, guess that explains that sale!)

Last edited:
Just looked around and noticed GPM produces 8x32 to 17MM alloy adapters (ostensibly from 7075T-6 aluminium) for Proline 3.8in wheels, with a 1/2 inch offset. (No 6x30 adapters for 2.8 wheels, though.)

At about 50 euro for a full set of four, they are at least more reasonably priced. But as with anything from GPM/Integy and the like, I'm a bit skeptical about the actual quality... Anyone got any experience with these?
Yeah GPM can be hit or miss. Mostly miss from my Exper. But they are the only game in town now and GPM knows it. Even at $50/4 , That's expensive .
Give them a try? IDK.:unsure:

This is a proline 1/5 scale wheel with proline installed metal ring.

20230620_192603.jpg

Yeah GPM can be hit or miss. Mostly miss from my Exper. But they are the only game in town now and GPM knows it.
Give them a try? IDK.:unsure:

Think I will, actually! Got a set of MX38 Badlands coming in for my current build, so I'll have to switch over to 8x32 adapters anyway.

Can't be worse than the plastic... (<-- famous last words)

I'll report back once I've put a few packs through them!

True. Alloy is better/ stronger as hubs go.
But GPM parts have been known to have a poor fit sometimes. Not CNC'ed well sometimes. Been there.
Try... (y)

I'd definitely Yolo these if I needed them. I doubt gpm could mess those up.

True. Alloy is better/ stronger as hubs go.
But GPM parts have been known to have a poor fit sometimes. Not CNC'ed well sometimes. Been there.
Try... (y)

I'd definitely Yolo these if I needed them. I doubt gpm could mess those up.

Just ordered a set!

Feels like it'd be much harder for them to mess up the fit of these, compared to something like a diff yoke or something, yeah. I'll keep y'all posted.

God bless this forum for pointing out bullschit after market parts…..(I’m am atheist, but I can still say god bless)
@BashingBrian , I have a few of these hex replacements kicking around but haven’t tried them.

One thing I liked about the k8 and DBXL…… The wheels came with aluminum hex inserts……why can’t all wheels be made this way? Damn, I think it’s a good design.

I find the beefiest full plastic wheel hubs to be on the Fireteam wheels. Having no metal inserts.

I've never had this happen with any Arrma tire.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back