Problems installing Castle 2028 in Limitless V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:p

Has to be the scorched mount then
It has to be.

1687889453025.png

pps mount

It has to be.

View attachment 308188
pps mount
It definitely was in my case. It was hard to measure after it was installed, but the Scorched mount moved the motor out from the mount farther than the PPS mount by about 2-3mm. That’s a tiny amount, but it was the difference between fitting or shaving the bellcrank mount. This was for a sensored TP 5670 in a flipped mount on an SWB chassis.

Ok so I switched out the Scorched brace for the PP one and put the brace mount back up front. Using the PP brace pushed the front out ever so slightly that I now have about a papers width worth of room between the bell crank and the motor up until the bottom and then its tighter again. Not really sure what else it could be other than maybe the motor mount holes on the Scorched chassis are accidentally closer than they should be.

Ok so I switched out the Scorched brace for the PP one and put the brace mount back up front. Using the PP brace pushed the front out ever so slightly that I now have about a papers width worth of room between the bell crank and the motor up until the bottom and then its tighter again. Not really sure what else it could be other than maybe the motor mount holes on the Scorched chassis are accidentally closer than they should be.
look at the posts above yours :cool: (y)

I just checked it, it's snug all the way around. I think that rubber piece by the connections is throwing off the picture, it's kinda bowing to make it look not uniform.

Thank you! I've emailed David at Scorched and he's asked for more pictures, he's been great with any problems I've had. Scorched makes great products so don't let this one thing turn you away. There may be a simple fix and I'm just not seeing it.
That’s great! I for one purchase a lot of scorched parts and is back n forth with David almost constantly. He is great at keeping in touch.

Still waiting to hear back from David. I also ran into another problem. I'm trying to install CVD's into the rear and I'm using Scorched rear hubs with ceramic bearings. . I got one side done no problem. I cannot get the pin into the other side that goes through the wheel hex and the cvd shaft. It's very tight and when I "force" it, it binds everything up. I tried several different cvd's, wheels hexes and pins with no luck. Bearing look like they're pressed in all the way. Not sure what else it could be.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back