Notorious PROJECT 100MPH NOTORIOUS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this thread! I was thinking of bringing mine to 8s after initial research into combos and gearing. Almost all components have been upgraded in my 6s. Debating buying "road shocks" to have two sets for on and off road.. Im not going to worry about weight too much. My train of thought is they need to be heavier than stock to stay planted at higher speeds.
Wish I saw this post last week, I just got a DumboRC to "try" in the 6s. The Radiolink isn't too shabby. I'm just worried about the "setting up" phase. That's why I went with simplicity in DumboRc.
Don't get me wrong the Dumbo set up works great for the price, just at such far distance something a little more consistent I think is going to be a must. Think like @K-BASH I'm going to look at the RC6GS V2 as I've been recommended it from a few other speed runners also.

Don't get me wrong the Dumbo set up works great for the price, just at such far distance something a little more consistent I think is going to be a must. Think like @K-BASH I'm going to look at the RC6GS V2 as I've been recommended it from a few other speed runners also.
I REALLY debated ordering either DumboRc or another RC7GS receiver. So I got both, lol. Just wanted to see what everyone raves about with DumboRc. But 3 weeks just to make the 3s drivable and I have no idea if 6s will be easier or harder. And I've been tweaking it since October and still as clueless as day 1 lol
Yeah I can see how speedsters would love it when set properly. You can go from standstill to full throttle and go to maximum speed as quickly as possible without popping a wheelie. These are the things I want data on. Is a seasoned RCer controlling throttle himself against someone like me using that assist feature similar to manual vs automatic trannies? Logic suggests no. A racer with a manual would LOVE to race a noob with an auto. Seems most RCers consider these functions "cheating".

The gyro on the dumbo is a blast for on road ripping an drifting
Another thing I want to check out. I hate the gyro in RC7GS but never figured out if it's faulty or I set it up all wrong. Thats one thing with RC7GS. Change ONE thing and it can change 1-4 other settings you already set.
Even things like tires. I have both offroad(Badlands) and road(Trencher) settings saved on my transmitter. It's not a matter of on road or off, it's the SCT Badlands and MT Trenchers NEED their own settings and don't perform well when crossed over.

New PB....... Not the 110mph I was hoping for but still jumped up to 108mph 30/34 gearing on 6s and not the best pass. Next time out hopefully with a couple adjustments she'll stay straighter and I'll hit that 110mph🤞
IMG_20210222_130605_323.jpg

New PB....... Not the 110mph I was hoping for but still jumped up to 108mph 30/34 gearing on 6s and not the best pass. Next time out hopefully with a couple adjustments she'll stay straighter and I'll hit that 110mph🤞View attachment 128104
What do you use for speedometer?

Another thing I want to check out. I hate the gyro in RC7GS but never figured out if it's faulty or I set it up all wrong. Thats one thing with RC7GS. Change ONE thing and it can change 1-4 other settings you already set.
Even things like tires. I have both offroad(Badlands) and road(Trencher) settings saved on my transmitter. It's not a matter of on road or off, it's the SCT Badlands and MT Trenchers NEED their own settings and don't perform well when crossed over.
F
Ondumbo u can control sensitivity with ch 6 dial

F

Ondumbo u can control sensitivity with ch 6 dial
So can Radiolink.
It most likely I have it set up all wrong.
Which reminds me. Does gyro in 6S have to face up to work? Or do I stick it to that removable plate and mount sideways?(like stock)

So can Radiolink.
It most likely I have it set up all wrong.
Which reminds me. Does gyro in 6S have to face up to work? Or do I stick it to that removable plate and mount sideways?(like stock)
Gyro receivers should always be mounted facing up. Once in, you need to calibrate it properly. I personally never turn it on. I prefer the total control be in my fingertips, and not the gyros brain.

well I need to Find better spot for 8s.WAY MORE SPEED AND POWER ON 8S..lost traction at 94 an spun.on the hunt for better spot. She is sad..lol

View attachment 128136

View attachment 128137
That sucks bro! Definitely need lots of room at these higher speeds. Not my speed rig but just busted a rear Mojave a arm on the TyphCast so she'll be down until?? I've got K6s arms but one of the rear driveshafts I've got is bent and doesn't want to straighten so have to find some Mojave arms when I can afford it...
IMG_20210222_164120616.jpg

Gyro receivers should always be mounted facing up. Once in, you need to calibrate it properly. I personally never turn it on. I prefer the total control be in my fingertips, and not the gyros brain.
Yeah, I turn mine off in the 3s. This is just experimenting with the DumboRC. If I don't find it "special", it's going to my son in his Amp. The esc/receiver single unit in the Amp sucks anyways. With what Edough and KBASH said, I'm guessing I'm going to end up installing the 2nd Radiolink receiver in it anyways.

Today's passes 107 & 108mph👊
Is that a phone taped to your head? Lol
At first I'm like ,"how's he filming his phone screen", then I'm all, "ohhhhh, GoPro", then it's,"Cali has some weird hat styles" just before I about pissed myself.

LMAO 😂🤣 ya I had to get creative as you can't video and run GNSS at the same time and then film the GNSS results. I made a custom hat mount for my phone so I can record my videos a while ago, works pretty good most the time 😉👌
IMG_20210222_190349072.jpg
IMG_20210222_190356184.jpg

It worked. I like the part that it films where you look. I've done videos with my phone stuck to transmitter with 3M double sided tape. But I have a habit of moving my head or hips and not always keeping transmitter towards the truck.

I will admit, early on in the video where you were looking back and ahead for cars, I thought that was your run and I just missed your car going by lmao
16140500309247617795683736444228.jpg

Absolutely killing it guys!! Huge thank you to everyone that has helped me out with suggestions!! Went from a 64mph PB to 112mph PB in a month!!! @K-BASH you got some big catching up to do now on 6s bro 😜
Screenshot_20210223-131000.png

Absolutely killing it guys!! Huge thank you to everyone that has helped me out with suggestions!! Went from a 64mph PB to 112mph PB in a month!!! @K-BASH you got some big catching up to do now on 6s bro 😜
View attachment 128318
I'll need cc esc to keep up...xlx2???Im not scared of any fires😜...112 is very impressive for 6s & 2050kv.ill be up an going soon.ILL BE COMING AFTER ya ASAP.....🤙👍

Ya or the MMX8S it's been a beast for me so far👍 I know without it I wouldn't be no where near where I'm at. Also did a battery comparison today CNHL 6s 5200mAh 90c vs Youme 6s 6500mAh 60c pack and let's just say there's no comparison CNHL pack ran 16mph faster, video coming soon 👍

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back