Kraton Proper 17mm hex hubs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketzx1

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Nero
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Infraction 4x4
So I’ve been away from the forums for a bit, works been hectic with people being fired and new people calling out all the time, I haven’t had the time to torture you all ?

Apologies to Slick for calling them blind on those Team Corally rcs a while back.

So I found this thread about putting 17mm hexes on the 3s senton and wondered if anyone has done proper 17mm hex hubs for the Kraton/Outcast 4s. Someone said to just use the Typhon 3s axles, but didn’t explain what part/parts would be needed if they do indeed fit. Someone else posted that Traxxas 5353X are a direct fit, but offered no other information on how well it worked. I kno Bicketybam tried the hot racing hex adapters, they look nice enough. I’m over dealing with these flange nuts ?

Here’s the thread;
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/ultimate-17mm-hex-upgrade-guide.13783/#post-169882

So what have you guys done and what would be the best option?

I know @bicketybam installed the hot racings 17mm hexes who were made for the 4s line specificly. The typhon 17mm hexes might not fit because the stock axles use 7mm nuts i think on the 3s vs 8mm nuts on the 4s line. You wont be able to secure the hexe extender if you get the 3s adapter

Hot racing makes some nuts that are 8mm to 17mm
1582111307735.png

Personally i have nothing against the stock nuts maybe put a drop of threadlock i had more time my driveshaft unscrewed itself and my tire flew off with the nut still attached on the wheel than the nut flying off

I suppose no one else has any info to share. Guess I’ll do what bicketybam did and go the hot racing route. 30 bucks for the adapters isn’t bad.

I suppose no one else has any info to share. Guess I’ll do what bicketybam did and go the hot racing route. 30 bucks for the adapters isn’t bad.
I think they are really nice. I like the added width too.

Installing the adapters now! And I have to say, they fit really well and look damn good on the truck. Please excuse the tires, I got them off a coworker for 30 bucks ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 75
I just saw a video showing installation of traxxas part 3535(X/R/G depending on color) to an Arrma 3s:

Looks like it works perfectly without additional extension. I'll probably go for the red version.

@bicketybam can you shot some pics of your kraton 4s trying to find how the car looks with the adapters on and body on. might buy that for my next upgrade no fan of hot racing but if the alluminum or shaft doesn't bend im going to buy them. I know wheel spacers on a real car is a terrible idea and i pretty much have the same mindset on the Rc industry the added leverage on that 8mm shaft is not going to cause problems in the future?

The 4s cars don't have the same shaft diameter

I was just looking into this. The Traxxas driveshafts have a 5mm threaded spindle on the end, the Arrma 4s have a 5mm threaded spindle on the end. However, the hex pin is on the spline portion, so the 3s has an outer bearing with ID=6mm and the 4s has an outer bearing with the ID=8mm, the Traxxas models that fit the part have outer bearing ID=6mm. It seems they would fit perfectly on the 3s models, but unfortunately not the 4s models.

@bicketybam can you shot some pics of your kraton 4s trying to find how the car looks with the adapters on and body on. might buy that for my next upgrade no fan of hot racing but if the alluminum or shaft doesn't bend im going to buy them. I know wheel spacers on a real car is a terrible idea and i pretty much have the same mindset on the Rc industry the added leverage on that 8mm shaft is not going to cause problems in the future?
I am out of town for the rest of the week. If I remember when I get back, I will. Hopefully someone else will step up and do it before then.

Stock hex
45C70004-4404-4EA7-80AE-5C89A1375AEF.jpeg

HR hex
6C7CF140-5702-492F-A701-F476C0FFCAB2.jpeg

View attachment 68045

Don’t judge how dirty she is
Nice mine the front is completly cracked everywhere because noob driving because it was my first truck to do stuns with
The car looks sick might really buy those extenders good lucks+improved handling i cant say no to that. This hobby is a real mony pit lol everyday i want to do somethi to my car but i reached a point that i cant do much now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back