Felony Purchasing some new Zeee 6S LIPO Packs Have Questions on Mah Ratings and Electronics Compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYFelony

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
Hi guys i bought some of these Zeee packs off Ebay last year and so far they have been awesome in all of my 8s and 6s models and very affordable. They also have a great customer service team and for the money to bash i have been fairly happy so far.

I have an Arrma Felony that I enjoy in parking lots and want to extend my run times has much as possible.

I am currently running some Spektrum G2 5000 mah Smart Packs and a set of the Zee 5500mah packs all 6s. I get much greater run time from the Zeee packs than the G2 Smart batteries by almost 30% more at times. I have not been supper impressed for the premium you pay for the Spektrum G2 smart packs even in my 8s models.

Zeee on Ebay has a listing for 6S packs that have a 9000 mah rating. My assumption would be these should give a greater run time as the packs are a bit longer in size. The Felony battery tray looks to be able to accomodate the longer battery packs easily

My question is would using Lipos with higher mah cause any premature overheating or issues with motors and ESC of the mah rating has no correlation to such worry? Reason I ask is my Felony has been so unreliable out of the box that I am now upgrading my full electronics due to constant failures over and over.

any technical imput is greatly appreciated and if anyone has their own feedback on Zeee let me know how they have been for you guys

Your ESC is going to determine how much power it tries to pull out of the battery. Without knowing the rated C for the G2 or Zee packs. Hard to say how they'll compare. None of the ESC makers post the efficiency curves for their products. You can watch a interesting video from jb bardwell about battery tech here:

When you increase capacity, you will increase weight which may cause additional strain on the electronics. Couple that with the extended run time (more braking), will most likely result in greater heat generation from the electronics. 9000 mAh seems like a lot. 5-6000 mAh is usually a good balance between weight and run time.

yeah Zeee rates their packs at 120C not sure how accurate any of these Lipo ratings are these days.

yeah i was surprised to see a 9000 mah 6s bundle on Ebay thats why i made this post. Might be best to just get another 5500mah bundle for $70 which is a bargain for what they are. I think i am over buying Spektrum stuff it is just so overpriced in my opnion and seeing how bad their stuff fails like motors and esc on my Felony it is time to move on.

When you increase capacity, you will increase weight which may cause additional strain on the electronics. Couple that with the extended run time (more braking), will most likely result in greater heat generation from the electronics. 9000 mAh seems like a lot. 5-6000 mAh is usually a good balance between weight and run time.
Well said

I ran the zee 7000 mAh 4s packs in my 8s infraction. Good run time and I had to worry about melting my tires before overheating my electronics lol. That was with a max 5 and 5687 1100kv. Idk if they have 7000 3s but I think that's a good middle ground

Higher capacity ratings with higher C's, don't by themselves burden the ESC or motor electrically speaking. Just the added weight of say 9500mah will add some extra load which can result in more heat. I like my rigs as light and nimble as possible 5k-6k Mah is a sweet spot IMHO. Highest C rating your wallet will allow. Just that C ratings are a loose term and vary from brand to brand. And since it is not Industry regulated, many 120 C rated lipos are barely even 35 C in reality.
Spektrum lipos suck, price and all. They are not all that "Smart". I prefer Dumb lipos. Most of us do. But that's a personal call.
@Engineer said it best.

Can you guys recommend good 3s combo packs for the Felony and where to get them. I saw lots of threads on the SMC packs but their all out of stock and switching to a new factory according to their website. Im open to trying something new instead if getting another Zeee bundle on Ebay If you guys can suggest something better.

Spek=over priced with no benefit unless your a smart stuff guy,

Zeee/hovoo great eBay n Amazon packs

Cnhl has been good to me so far 3/4/6s packs also pretty fairly priced.

yeah Zeee rates their packs at 120C not sure how accurate any of these Lipo ratings are these days.

yeah i was surprised to see a 9000 mah 6s bundle on Ebay thats why i made this post. Might be best to just get another 5500mah bundle for $70 which is a bargain for what they are. I think i am over buying Spektrum stuff it is just so overpriced in my opnion and seeing how bad their stuff fails like motors and esc on my Felony it is time to move on.

The c rate that is on the side of the battery is more or less just a made up number used for marketing. It is actually physically impossible for a lithium polymer battery to have a true c rate higher than 50c.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/c-rates-what-is-the-deal.17174/

All 2021 LPB Results (2).Jpg

The c rate that is on the side of the battery is more or less just a made up number used for marketing. It is actually physically impossible for a lithium polymer battery to have a true c rate higher than 50c.
What’s your take on the traxxas C ratings? They seem super low, but does that not matter?

Just curious. I’m not going to go buy overpriced traxxas batteries either way.

What’s your take on the traxxas C ratings? They seem super low, but does that not matter?

Just curious. I’m not going to go buy overpriced traxxas batteries either way.
They are probably the only ones who don't lie. I'm willing to bet their 25c lipos are actually 25c.

Here is my take. I used Zeee 6S 5200 mAh, one is 50C and the other us 80C. They have exactly the same dimension (155.5x48.5x50 mm) but the 80C one is heavier (764 vs 742g). I used them (not at the same time😜) on my rc helicopter. The 80C one did NOT give me a longer flight time as I was hoping!! I repeated the test several time with the same results (same flying style). So a waste of $ going from 50C to 80C.

On the other hand, the 100C and 120C showed better flight time but may not be price justified for rc car.

Here is my take. I used Zeee 6S 5200 mAh, one is 50C and the other us 80C. They have exactly the same dimension (155.5x48.5x50 mm) but the 80C one is heavier (764 vs 742g). I used them (not at the same time😜) on my rc helicopter. The 80C one did NOT give me a longer flight time as I was hoping!! I repeated the test several time with the same results (same flying style). So a waste of $ going from 50C to 80C.

On the other hand, the 100C and 120C showed better flight time but may not be price justified for rc car.
That’s an interesting outcome. I would actually expect the higher C ratings to provide a shorter runtime, not longer. They are capable of being drained quicker if that makes sense.

That’s an interesting outcome. I would actually expect the higher C ratings to provide a shorter runtime, not longer. They are capable of being drained quicker if that makes sense.
And the added weight plays a small role in that as well.

All of my Zeee and Yowoo from amazon have been great. Over a year on them and lots of cycles. Still balance quickly and perfectly. I regularly get 30+min out of my Yowoo 6s 6000mah 100C graphene in my notorious and kraton exb both running max6/4985. I am currently looking to expand my brands but just for the heck of it, nothing bad to say about either of them.

I think it depends on the drive train, i.e. for direct drive like rc boat, the higher C rate can provide longer run time than the lower C providing that you don’t over-prop (too big (either diameter or pitch). But for gear drive, the higher punch may not be obvious thus better chance for longer run time.

When you said, “they are capable of being drained quicker”, this also means they can push out more amp for faster speed and as a result it may seem the run time is shorter!! But as long as all parameters are equal e.g. running speed, temperature, driving style, etc., the higher C will give longer run time.

In fact, when I flew my older drone (no auto return home) over water I took higher C over capacity (mAh) in case I need the last 10-30 seconds to return to dry land, the higher C with the same capacity left in the pack will give the drone a better chance to stay aloft than the lower C one (assuming the weight differences are not that significant).

I think it depends on the drive train, i.e. for direct drive like rc boat, the higher C rate can provide longer run time than the lower C providing that you don’t over-prop (too big (either diameter or pitch). But for gear drive, the higher punch may not be obvious thus better chance for longer run time.

When you said, “they are capable of being drained quicker”, this also means they can push out more amp for faster speed and as a result it may seem the run time is shorter!! But as long as all parameters are equal e.g. running speed, temperature, driving style, etc., the higher C will give longer run time.

In fact, when I flew my older drone (no auto return home) over water I took higher C over capacity (mAh) in case I need the last 10-30 seconds to return to dry land, the higher C with the same capacity left in the pack will give the drone a better chance to stay aloft than the lower C one (assuming the weight differences are not that significant).
I remember watching a video showing the difference in vdrop between a 20c and 40c lipo it was rather interesting, the 40c lipo was able to sustain a higher voltage better than the 20c could. He used some rig with an airplane motor and prop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back