Kraton Purpose of EXB Input Shaft Cup Sleeve?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyev

Reaction score
Just wondering what the purpose of Arrma’s plastic input shaft cup sleeve on the Kraton EXB? Guessing it is simply to help secure the grub screw?

I’m considering using the M2C input shaft cup, however doesn’t fit inside the stock plastic sleeve so I wouldn’t get any of the benefits of the sleeve.

Would the durability of the M2C cup (which includes a beefier grub screw) offset the benefits of the plastic sleeve with the stock input cup?

The M2C cups seem very well made...

^ Yep, blue thread lock should be used with the plastic sleeve, but you can use up to red without it

I've taken out my stock rear input cup/retainer and used an M2C one with red thread lock instead

^ Yep, blue thread lock should be used with the plastic sleeve, but you can use up to red without it

I've taken out my stock rear input cup/retainer and used an M2C one with red thread lock instead
I'm guessing this is only an option (M2C input cup with red loctite) if you are using an aluminum gearbox (which I am)? Thinking that because removal of red loctite will require a heat/flame, and applying a flame to the grub screw would be too close to the plastic if using a plastic gearbox? Also, I'm thinking the flame would degrade the seal of the input shaft bearing as well?

I'm guessing this is only an option (M2C input cup with red loctite) if you are using an aluminum gearbox (which I am)? Thinking that because removal of red loctite will require a heat/flame, and applying a flame to the grub screw would be too close to the plastic if using a plastic gearbox? Also, I'm thinking the flame would degrade the seal of the input shaft bearing as well?
If you use a small torch with a small flame, you can just heat the cup which transfers heat throughout to the screw. You will smell the loctite when it heats/melts, then remove the screw before it cools. I've done that on my 2018 outcast without issues. Just make sure to remove the cup with pliers... and don't set it on anything that melts or drop it on the carpet until it cools... been there. lol!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back