Limitless Radio for SpeedRuns? (and Noble NB4 discussions)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is an ancient thread, but did you find a way to make this all fit?
I did, but had to raise the rear body post one notch if iirc. I’ll try and snap a pic for ya.

Did you get a chance to complete these Comparisons @LibertyMKiii ?

NIck
Sorry I didn't see this last part asking a question.

I did some tests and found no need to go further.

1. Noble with FGr4 (700 ft)
2. Noble with FGr4s (no external antenna) (400 ft)
3. Noble with FGr4 swapped longer double antennas above car body. (1700+ ft range). Cut to length I needed and 30mm exposed antenna ends.

I stopped there because the FGr4 did what the 10ch could do with dual antennas in a smaller package. The range has been plenty for runs up near 150mph so I have not needed a booster as of yet.

Appreciate it!
Here it is. 🤙

39B2EC13-2A90-4972-ADCD-48D89703DB6E.jpeg
DB4A718C-3C5B-49FB-8717-A8F0BE34700E.jpeg
51B52069-199D-4C8B-A983-CDD932B6069B.jpeg
6C43A538-56A0-4FB4-9771-66D513C5C9D3.jpeg
077863B8-8050-4153-B0EA-65BD3B0B3B18.jpeg
0842C8E9-A292-40D4-9AF5-58B1439F8148.jpeg
497BAAED-09E8-4887-A8D3-3035269AC09E.jpeg
DD79CB0E-A5FD-43A0-AC1A-FB23777C7C86.jpeg

Both of my last 2 FgR4 v2 Rx both had some enamel over the second antenna output on the left side.

Any ideas what I can use to clean it off?
The antenna connector obviously won't make a connection and just pops off easily...

I was thinking possibly a small metal pick and some acetone?

IMG_20230420_195140.jpg

Both of my last 2 FgR4 v2 Rx both had some enamel over the second antenna output on the left side.

The antenna connector obviously won't make a connection and just pops off easily...

View attachment 294350
& a magnifying glass, I have a difficult time taking those apart to add the 2nd antenna. Those screws & plugs are so tiny😁

View attachment 294350
It's probably conformal coat for water proofing. Acetone might work . It all depends on what they used. We use some stuff at work and the only way to get it off is to burn it off with a soldering Iron or using a media blaster.

It's probably conformal coat for water proofing. Acetone might work . It all depends on what they used. We use some stuff at work and the only way to get it off is to burn it off with a soldering Iron or using a media blaster.
Yep it is for sure. Super annoying that 2 of them now are this way.
Makes it hard to do the 2 antenna mod.

Sorry I didn't see this last part asking a question.

I did some tests and found no need to go further.

1. Noble with FGr4 (700 ft)
2. Noble with FGr4s (no external antenna) (400 ft)
3. Noble with FGr4 swapped longer double antennas above car body. (1700+ ft range). Cut to length I needed and 30mm exposed antenna ends.

I stopped there because the FGr4 did what the 10ch could do with dual antennas in a smaller package. The range has been plenty for runs up near 150mph so I have not needed a booster as of yet.
Or, go for a dual antenna setup right out of the box with a 600 meter range? $80.00 for the radio and a seven channel SBUS receiver with full telemetry and a decent gyro? If I win the lottery someday I’m going full Futaba 10X for sure sure with a ridiculously priced SBUS servo to accompany it. Until then? RadioLink R6GS for sure. And add a $70.00 Perfect Pass launch controller. You’re still hundreds of 💵 ahead of the game.
I swear to god, I don’t know why so many people don’t go to this RX/TX combo for the price. Literally the only thing it doesn’t have is a PP style launch controller.
And have I mentioned….$80.00? Not 💵💵💵💵?

Or, go for a dual antenna setup right out of the box with a 600 meter range? $80.00 for the radio and a seven channel SBUS receiver with full telemetry and a decent gyro? If I win the lottery someday I’m going full Futaba 10X for sure sure with a ridiculously priced SBUS servo to accompany it. Until then? RadioLink R6GS for sure. And add a $70.00 Perfect Pass launch controller. You’re still hundreds of 💵 ahead of the game.
I swear to god, I don’t know why so many people don’t go to this RX/TX combo for the price. Literally the only thing it doesn’t have is a PP style launch controller.
And have I mentioned….$80.00? Not 💵💵💵💵?
My though was your about $40-60 difference if you add the perfect pass module.
I'd rather have the Noble and I know what I'm getting down to the 10th of a second versus the rotary dial with no idea what it will give you.

With the 2 antenna mod I have the same range and less latency also.

My though was your about $40-60 difference if you add the perfect pass module.
I'd rather have the Noble and I know what I'm getting down to the 10th of a second versus the rotary dial with no idea what it will give you.

With the 2 antenna mod I have the same range and less latency also.
How important is latency(lag) in a speed run transmitter? I can see a very valid point in track racing or bashing, but are those micro second response times really a make or break factor in a speed run?

How important is latency(lag) in a speed run transmitter? I can see a very valid point in track racing or bashing, but are those micro second response times really a make or break factor in a speed run?
It gets much worse at 1200+ ft away. I have seen 1-3 seconds delay from what I tell via the TX to when the car responds when I had used the RC6gsV2.

Imagine scenarios where you have the car down to the starting point of where you are going to make the run. It is time to turn the car around (U-turn) and you just spotted a 1:1 car is coming down the road. Because of the delay you oversteer it or over throttle it and the car spins out. The 1:1 car is still coming ever closer to your $2000 rig sitting in the middle of the street....

That type of scenario is why latency matters to me :LOL:

Hello Noble fans, apparently Flysky is releasing another new rx. It’s basically the new updated version of the Fgr4s and it’s called the Fgr4d. I’m a huge fan of the tiny antenna less rx’s so this will do nicely. It appears to come equipped with a bind button and a battery voltage probe wire. Very nice!
You can preorder them at Helidirect for now but I’m sure they’ll be available everywhere eventually. Cost is about the same as most of their rx’s also, about $30..

034A8E9B-2CBB-4BCF-A4C1-38BF0607E576.jpeg
6D901B90-7B38-492A-B9F8-CE0250590282.jpeg

Hello Noble fans, apparently Flysky is releasing another new rx. It’s basically the new updated version of the Fgr4s and it’s called the Fgr4d. I’m a huge fan of the tiny antenna less rx’s so this will do nicely. It appears to come equipped with a bind button and a battery voltage probe wire. Very nice!
You can preorder them at Helidirect for now but I’m sure they’ll be available everywhere eventually. Cost is about the same as most of their rx’s also, about $30..

View attachment 337268View attachment 337267

I don’t think this is a good options for speed runs. The internal antennas probably aren’t up to the task.

For the Noble guys, check out the FRM303 range extender they came out with recently:

I don’t think this is a good options for speed runs. The internal antennas probably aren’t up to the task.

For the Noble guys, check out the FRM303 range extender they came out with recently:
I don't like that setup if using an Rx and then re broadcasting with the booster to another Rx.
I think the radiolink rc8x has a much better setup.

I'd like to see a legit range test with the new Radio master eLRS which seems to be promising.

I don't like that setup if using an Rx and then re broadcasting with the booster to another Rx.
I think the radiolink rc8x has a much better setup.

I'd like to see a legit range test with the new Radio master eLRS which seems to be promising.
I agree the setup is cumbersome with two receivers etc. But the fact that it’s a
range extender that’s not physically on the transmitter is what’s most appealing to me.

I use an NB4 for all my other RCs. With this extender, I can get rid of my Futaba that I have exclusively for speed runs. If I upgrade to the NB4 Pro I can also get rid of my Perfect Pass module. One less part to break on the car.

I don’t think this is a good options for speed runs. The internal antennas probably aren’t up to the task
No, I wouldn’t recommend the little antenna less ones for speed runs.

I posted it in here cause nb4 people would see it.

Last edited:
It gets much worse at 1200+ ft away. I have seen 1-3 seconds delay from what I tell via the TX to when the car responds when I had used the RC6gsV2.

Imagine scenarios where you have the car down to the starting point of where you are going to make the run. It is time to turn the car around (U-turn) and you just spotted a 1:1 car is coming down the road. Because of the delay you oversteer it or over throttle it and the car spins out. The 1:1 car is still coming ever closer to your $2000 rig sitting in the middle of the street....

That type of scenario is why latency matters to me :LOL:
True, been there at distance, I know. You can feel the poor latency reponse.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back