$$$ Rc'holics not so anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the correct term is multirotor ?‍♂️
helicopter is already a multi-rotor but yeah correct in a sense but all mine are quadcopters as I said but my certificates/achievements however say multi-rotor unlike for my helicopters which say heli (as per British Model Flying Association /BMFA)

?Hmmm. Over 15000 members and no one wants to admit they might be addicted. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Hi, I'm Notorious J and I have frequent flyer miles with Jennys Rc, Horizon Hobby, Amazon, Ebay and every local hobby shop in the greater Toronto area. I think I'm addicted...........................and I love it!
20200212_233049.jpg
20200405_235741.jpg
20200405_235812.jpg

I thought this was a secret society. No way I’m ratting myself out in the open ??
It is secret, trust me. Go ahead and purge those feelings that have been causing you angst for so long. I promise, I won't tell anyone else.
1586662645291.png

?Hmmm. Over 15000 members and no one wants to admit they might be addicted. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Hi, I'm Notorious J and I have frequent flyer miles with Jennys Rc, Horizon Hobby, Amazon, Ebay and every local hobby shop in the greater Toronto area. I think I'm addicted...........................and I love it!View attachment 74393View attachment 74394View attachment 74395

Yes, I've bought things I really don't need. Yes, I even buy more things than I plan to use. I cannot admit a problem until I run out of stuff.

Hi. My name is Notorious J, and although it was hard to admit, I think I have a problem. I thought I could handle it on my own, but I realize that sometimes, you need to get help. Intervention anyone?
Screenshot_20200816-103621_Instagram.jpg
20200809_085913.jpg
20200427_233150.jpg
20200427_233238.jpg
20200405_235812.jpg
20200405_235741.jpg

Good assortment of parts there.
That's all I could fit in the pictures. The red boxes are two sided, full on both sides. Then there are cabinets and drawers full of stuff. I hate not being able to repair immediately, so I've compiled a pretty good collection of parts this year. Thankfully, the Arrma line shares so many parts or I'd have to rent a storage locker?

Glad to see you around J. Miss ya buddy. Was hoping to see you hadn’t got pushed out into a shed by now. ???
Lucky we don't have a shed, but the garage is only one rc away?

Aww man you just jinxed yourself. The wife will be shopping for a shed today ?✌?

I see a happily unmarried and childless man - well, at least childless. I love the organisation of your parts and wheels. I don't think you have a problem. Yes, you have far more than me (3) but there are some dudes on Arrmy that literally fill up bedrooms with stuff.

I do believe I qualify as an RC-holic as I've only been back in the game since late 2019 and I've already spent at least $3000 on several WLToys 12428's (most of which were to get family and friends addicted too), scale tank that used to shoot air soft (now mostly just collects dust), ECX Amp MT, Arrma Senton mega (fully 3s) and now a Kraton...each model (except the WLToys) has a full set of replacement arms, shock towers, rod ends, nuts, bolts/screws, gears of much variation (almost a whole 12x12 inch drawer full of various spur, pinion and diff gears), a stock of fluids/oils, so many batteries and other stuff...let's not even get into the non-land vehicles of which I have several small helicopters (mostly catching dust now) and a couple of pieces of my last plane (played Chicken with a diesel truck and lost)...oh, and stacks and stacks of old and new tires for everything!

I think my issue goes even deeper because I've got transformers out the wazzoo and I want to make an RC Optimus prime that actually transforms... probably manually with remote control while in vehicle mode...ugh, mo money!

Last edited:
I see a happily unmarried and childless man - well, at least childless. I love the organisation of your parts and wheels. I don't think you have a problem. Yes, you have far more than me (3) but there are some dudes on Arrmy that literally fill up bedrooms with stuff.
Married 22 years as of Saturday and two boys, 15 and 18. She never goes in the basement and they only touch things that say Apple, Samsung or Sony

Married 22 years as of Saturday and two boys, 15 and 18. She never goes in the basement and they only touch things that say Apple, Samsung or Sony
Man, looking at 18 years married (so far) with one 11 year old girl...I have a strict no crapple rule in my house. All tech must be something I can work on if it breaks or modify when it's not broken so no crapple ;)

Money saved on not buying really good garbage is spent satisfying my addiction ;)

Those are strange tattoos for young girls to have ????

Oh that's awesome. I have a 4yo who is pretty good about not touching my stuff. Actually, she's better than my wife who will take anything and not return it: exacto knife, scissors, tape. Hopefully at 15 & 18 they can join you in the hobby? or no interest?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back