$$$ Rc'holics not so anonymous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@slick2500 said I need a meeting. It's gotten bad, real bad. I see now I have a problem. I have no control.
Are you left unattended? Thats what happenes to me and I cant stop buying and building stuff. I tried to stop between Oct and May... then I bought $600 in micro trucks and stuff the last 2 weeks - for the kids, Christmas! Yeah. Thats it.

I want to get into building drones but im scared that may lead to disaster.

Are you left unattended? Thats what happenes to me and I cant stop buying and building stuff. I tried to stop between Oct and May... then I bought $600 in micro trucks and stuff the last 2 weeks - for the kids, Christmas! Yeah. Thats it.

I want to get into building drones but im scared that may lead to disaster.
I told myself (after my wife told me first) to stop spending money on RC's till next year. Especially online. I didn't listen to myself or my wife.

It's also because it's the worse time of the year to use the postal service. I've already had one parcel go AWOL. Australia post lost it. And everything takes twice as long.

Last edited:
I told myself (after my wife told me first) to stop spending money on RC's till next year. Especially online. I didn't listen to myself or my wife.

I blame Al Gore. He invented the Internet. Its all his fault! He owes me.

I started donating plasma to help pay for my rc's. Felt kinda weird at first, but realized people out there need plasma donations to make treatments for diseases and such. Luckily there is a donation center less than 5 miles away so its convenient. If I can help people and avoid spending too much from the bank account on rc stuff, win/win.

I blame Al Gore. He invented the Internet. Its all his fault! He owes me.
Like I didn't need another reason to loathe and despise gore boy. Yeah ... like I need another hole in my head. 😂

I've learned to add two days when I see the "estimated time of arrival" anymore. Jersey to PA takes two days? Nah, let's make it four. It's more when UPS has to hand anything over to USPS!

Like I didn't need another reason to loathe and despise gore boy. Yeah ... like I need another hole in my head. 😂

I've learned to add two days when I see the "estimated time of arrival" anymore. Jersey to PA takes two days? Nah, let's make it four. It's more when UPS has to hand anything over to USPS!
Thats weird. Most of the time when I order from Jenny's and it ships from Egg Harbor, NJ, USPS tracking shows it leave there and no updates at all the next day, then it shows up at my mailbox the next day in southern Washington, 2 day shipping speed but its standard shipping. IF the tracking shows it leave Egg Harbor and go to Philly the next morning, it takes a full week or a little more.

I started donating plasma to help pay for my rc's. Felt kinda weird at first, but realized people out there need plasma donations to make treatments for diseases and such. Luckily there is a donation center less than 5 miles away so its convenient. If I can help people and avoid spending too much from the bank account on rc stuff, win/win.
Seriously? That's a bloody great idea!

Seriously? That's a bloody great idea!
Yeah I'm glad I started. Not a big fan of medical techs and needles, but its pretty easy. First visit sucks cause it takes a lot longer because they go through some screening and stuff. After the first visit I'm usually in and out in just over an hour if I can go when its not busy, about 90 minutes if its busy. They pay a good bit extra the first 8 visits, I got $850 in 8 visits over the first 4 weeks. I think they do that because it makes people realize its not that hard to do. Now I get $55 for the first donation in a week and $60 for the second with usually some kind of $5-$10 bonus for making 2 donations in a week. Gives you a good chance to catch up on anything online with your phone while you donate so it doesn't have to be lost time.

Thing is I could buy the stuff out of the bank account, but I spend so much it interferes with more important stuff if my wife doesn't get on to me and tell me take a break, lol. Its a routine we have. She watches the rc related charges come through the bank account and tells me when thats enough :ROFLMAO:. Then she gives me an amount of time to not spend from the bank account, 2, 4 or 6 weeks depending on how much I spent and what we are trying to budget for.

Started donating plasma and every time you finish a donation they pay you on the Visa prepaid card they give you. If I want more upgrades than fits the budget, I go donate and reload the Visa card. Most upgrades can be easily bought with 1 or 2 donations ($55-$115), some may take 1 or 2 more.

I've gone over the numbers in my head a few times. If I'm doing something that can help people with disease suffer less and be able to get upgrades for my rc's without wrecking the budget? I'm in! 🤣 😎

Last edited:
In 2013, I spent 7k on a track in my back yard. I have no idea what I spent on my Losi 5T. The property is long gone and so is the wife. Its been a blessing.
Yeah I'm glad I started. Not a big fan of medical techs and needles, but its pretty easy. First visit sucks cause it takes a lot longer because they go through some screening and stuff. After the first visit I'm usually in and out in just over an hour if I can go when its not busy, about 90 minutes if its busy. They pay a good bit extra the first 8 visits, I got $850 in 8 visits over the first 4 weeks. I think they do that because it makes people realize its not that hard to do. Now I get $55 for the first donation in a week and $60 for the second with usually some kind of $5-$10 bonus for making 2 donations in a week. Gives you a good chance to catch up on anything online with your phone while you donate so it doesn't have to be lost time.

Thing is I could buy the stuff out of the bank account, but I spend so much it interferes with more important stuff if my wife doesn't get on to me and tell me take a break, lol. Its a routine we have. She watches the rc related charges come through the bank account and tells me when thats enough :ROFLMAO:.

Started donating plasma and every time you finish a donation they reload the Visa card they give you before you leave. If I want more upgrades than fits the budget, I go donate and reload the Visa card. Most upgrades can be easily bought with 1 or 2 donations ($55-$115), some may take 1 or 2 more.

I've gone over the numbers in my head a few times. If I'm doing something that can help people with disease suffer less and in return I get to have cool upgrades for my rc's without wrecking the budget? I'm in! 🤣 😎
Thanks for that. My girlfriends son has done that for cash and at first I thought it was CRAZY, but it's really beneficial to all involved.

Someone posted this on BookFace. https://litdecals.com/?product=arrmaholics-anonymous-t-shirt

1670984359563.png

Credit score impacts your insurance, just keep that in mind. They will go up significantly (car, home etc).
By all means, I can't recommend what to do in your situation. It's too complex for a forum post, and only you know the details.
I've changed my mind about using credit and such. As long as you don't carry a credit card balance, it's ok to use them. As long as you leverage debt the right way. The guy I was listening to is a millionare. He doesn't need credit. He's too extreme. And yes, it affects you if you don't have good credit indeed.

Last edited:
Credit cards can work in your favor if you pay off the balance within the period (21 days). You get cash back etc. All that goes out the window if you carry a balance.
Yeah, if you carry a balance, then you are in for a ride! That's a huge no no. And that's how I've been doing it all my life. I'm so dumb for doing it. My problem is that I want things NOW, no matter how many times I pay for the same thing over and over again. It's a huge bad habit, self control, childish behavior. Common sense.

Just an update. I haven't bought anything in around two months. I just look at stuff and I don't buy anything. Last year I cleared $93k with my wife after taxes, and I couldn't tell you for sure where most of the money went, so now we are starting to write everything down and get on a budget, so that I can get rid of my unsecured debt which is around $40k. Around $25k of that is RC stuff 😭😅. Getting better at this stuff.

Just an update. I haven't bought anything in around two months. I just look at stuff and I don't buy anything. Last year I cleared $93k with my wife after taxes, and I couldn't tell you for sure where most of the money went, so now we are starting to write everything down and get on a budget, so that I can get rid of my unsecured debt which is around $40k. Around $25k of that is RC stuff 😭😅. Getting better at this stuff.
Look at you trying to be a responsible adult. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: (y)

It's a process and not a quick one. Stay focused and strong. You got this!! (y)

I'm an adult! Who wants to be responsible?

I'm a RC junkie!!!! And I need my fix now!😵‍💫

Everydollar.com...great site. Dave Ramsey (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back