Real or Fake? The performancelimitless 908 body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So there aren't really any other builds out there to model after yet. The only reference i have are from a post the owner made on his personal facebook account of the prototype. The wing that was included in my package isn't the complete version of what they show. What I got were the two uprights and a horizontal piece. Then I got the shark fin piece they show in the renderings. The horizontal is the same width as what is in the pictures, but they didn't include any way to screw it all together. No lower extensions coming off the diffuser. I like the way theirs looks - but there is no way its rigid enough. I fully understand what they are showing here is for mock up purposes.

So I think I'll take two approaches at this. I'll try and use what they included. I'll use aluminum spacers and long screws to get the width on the verticals. If I'm not liking that I'll have my dad make me some aluminum stand offs. I'll use the horizontal they included and lay it flat to mate correctly with the wing mount uprights. Then I'll cut another horizontal wing to place above the first one and I'll angle that one for downforce.

If plan A doesn't work out - if I think its too flimsy - I'll go back to either the scorched carbon wing or the V2 batwing. I'll notch the body to clear it, and then I'll still add a second horizontal wing.

Might take me a few days to get all that sorted. I'll have to order spacers and the correct screws.

View attachment 294246

View attachment 294247
Just spitball’n.. Is it me or does that wing look like it’s going to lift the front with its angle?

I don't doubt that this body has the potential for 250mph. The problem is, all that does you no good whatsoever when every tire currently available will explode long before you make it anywhere near that speed. The current state of affairs is that if you go past 175mph, the odds of blowing one or more tires appears to be somewhere around a coin toss. Until someone solves the tire issue and brings something to market that can reliably survive more than one 200mph+ pass, it's all just academic musings, at best.
I honestly think someone will create a 200+ mph tire at some point. The technology is available. Just that R and D is hard to do without a platform doing 200+ mph repeatably. The many guys with the big guns/PB's need to collaborate. Maybe even a high tech RC tire dyno of sorts can simulate those speeds?:unsure: Like scale tires and wheels. There are limits with temps and load ratings. Designing a true "Radial Belted RC tire. Using scale tire rubber compounds. Or developing a superior Foam Compound along with a CF wheel. Won't come cheap.

Last edited:
I honestly think someone will create a 200+ mph tire at some point. The technology is available. Just that R and D is hard to do without a platform doing 200+ mph repeatably. The many guys with the big guns/PB's need to collaborate. Maybe even a high tech RC tire dyno of sorts can simulate those speeds?:unsure: Like scale tires and wheels. There are limits with temps and load ratings. Designing a true "Radial Belted RC tire. Using scale tire rubber compounds. Or developing a superior Foam Compound along with a CF wheel. Won't come cheap.
No, they won't come cheap. As long as you keep the price commensurate with the going rate of 2.86 BSR Purples per 175mph+ pass. You can lose anywhere from one to four tires per pass, so the bar is pretty low.

No, they won't come cheap. As long as you keep the price commensurate with the going rate of 2.86 BSR Purples per 175mph+ pass. You can lose anywhere from one to four tires per pass, so the bar is pretty low.

Don't those pieces count as parts of the tire that were bad anyway and the rest survived the massive speed already and will still be good to use for the next coupla runs? :LOL:

Quick update before the weekend.
I have it rough fit, sitting on pegs and clipped down. Looks really good honestly. Its tight - you have to run the front shocks on the inside position on the tower or the body just won't sit right. The wheel spacing is juuuuuust a touch off. (pictures make it look worse than it is). Probably be better if the car were lowered, but this is my speed run height. I'm going to get the front wheel openings cut and should hopefully have the front splitter set up over the weekend. That leaves the spoiler. Which is honestly still confusing. Someone else called them out on facebook over it. So we'll see how that progresses.
Here it is with a shot next to the C100.

What color should I paint this? The second body I want to do the gulf livery like the modern 908 concept.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I have it rough fit, sitting on pegs and clipped down. Looks really good honestly. Its tight - you have to run the front shocks on the inside position on the tower or the body just won't sit right. The wheel spacing is juuuuuust a touch off. (pictures make it look worse than it is). Probably be better if the car were lowered, but this is my speed run height. I'm going to get the front wheel openings cut and should hopefully have the front splitter set up over the weekend. That leaves the spoiler. Which is honestly still confusing. Someone else called them out on facebook over it. So we'll see how that progresses.

What color should I paint this? The second body I want to do the gulf livery like the modern 908 concept.

View attachment 294470
View attachment 294471
View attachment 294472
I'm going to come a little from leftfield...how about a re-interpretation of the Bloodhound SSC theme? I really dig the high contrast simplicity with just a bit of motif on the intake and tail. I think this could work well on that shape. But that's just me.
1682094303261.png

I'm going to come a little from leftfield...how about a re-interpretation of the Bloodhound SSC theme? I really dig the high contrast simplicity with just a bit of motif on the intake and tail. I think this could work well on that shape. But that's just me.
View attachment 294473
I'm digging it!

Just spitball’n.. Is it me or does that wing look like it’s going to lift the front with its angle?
Yep that looks pretty extreme for parking lot bashing I guess.

I'm thinking I would rather cut slits in the rear of the body to slide it into place as the limitless wing uprights are in stock position than extend them outside of the body.

I'm thinking I would rather cut slits in the rear of the body to slide it into place as the limitless wing uprights are in stock position than extend them outside of the body.
I was thinking speed runs. That pitch is going to lift that front end at 80ish.

Agreed, but again the owner just wants it to look cool and have other people do real world testing for him. To figure out what works for aero balance.

Smart move...

Yeah, the spoiler is actually a hot debate item on facebook right now. Long story short, what they shipped isn't functional. So I'm building my own. It definitely won't be running anywhere near that kind of pitch. May even just step it down to a single horizontal wing which would have to be zero pitch to mate to the wing supports. I may just use the scorched verticals and then make my own extensions and horizontal wing. I'm getting parts ordered right now.

Its definitely not a parking lot basher. At least not for me. This is on my GT car that I'm hoping to push 200 with.
I didn't do slits on purpose. It would have no rigidity, so the plan is to put an infill plate between the wing support uprights.

Agreed, but again the owner just wants it to look cool and have other people do real world testing for him. To figure out what works for aero balance.

Smart move...
It was implied that a few were sent out to the top speed runners. I know that James McCoy has one. I'm not sure if Raz or Tony did - I haven't seen either of them chime in.
I'm actually really curious to see what James has to say about it. A bad endorsement from him and I think this dies on the table.

I know there were some concerns about the front downforce this body will make. Its really hard to convey it in pictures but it really doesn't look like its losing much over the C100. The front slope angles aren't as extreme on the 908, but there is more surface area. If you compare the two bodies it almost looks like they took a C100 and just smoothed everything out. It'll be about two weeks before I get all the parts for the spoiler and get it made. But hopefully by then the wind will have died down here and we can see this thing move.

It was implied that a few were sent out to the top speed runners. I know that James McCoy has one. I'm not sure if Raz or Tony did - I haven't seen either of them chime in.
I'm actually really curious to see what James has to say about it. A bad endorsement from him and I think this dies on the table.

I know there were some concerns about the front downforce this body will make. Its really hard to convey it in pictures but it really doesn't look like its losing much over the C100. The front slope angles aren't as extreme on the 908, but there is more surface area. If you compare the two bodies it almost looks like they took a C100 and just smoothed everything out. It'll be about two weeks before I get all the parts for the spoiler and get it made. But hopefully by then the wind will have died down here and we can see this thing move.
James has been a bit quiet lately (no videos)
Certainly will give you some peace of mind after seeing some other guys take it over 150 mph.

The WR body seems to be hit an miss. Many people are flipping those WR bodies over 150 mph.

View attachment 294470
View attachment 294471
View attachment 294472
Leave it clear.;) The body already costs a bunch without any paint.:giggle: A few Decals if anything. Practice some good PB's first with that body. If you are all in with this body and its a winner for you, buy another and then paint it up.
What were your best PB's with Speed Running, to date?

Last edited:
Wing set up looks good .I personally would make that angle flat.if yours is adjustable then try a few different angles and see how they perform.trial and error kind of thing..but over all I like the look of it.👍

Leave it clear.;) The body already costs a bunch without any paint.:giggle: A few Decals if anything. Practice some good PB's first with that body. If you are all in with this body and its a winner for you, buy another and then paint it up.
What were your best PB's with Speed Running, to date?
Could leave it clear for sure. The body is fitted up, i'm just waiting on a few misc pieces to get the spoiler built.
I did buy two - I figured if by some stroke of bad luck I destroy both I'll go back to the C100 for a while.
I'm still in the kiddie pool as far as personal bests go. Its been 125 on 4s. Once the wind calms down, I'll be able to get it out for a few more 4s passes before starting to turn up the dial.

I don't know what sort of roads you have at your disposal for speed running but, assuming a halfway decent road of 1500ft. length, I think you might find yourself surprised by how attainable 125mph is and even 150mph has moved into the realm of 4S speed running which not all that long ago,bro (y)
You are giving me too many props, but I appreciate your support. With my level of experience ATM you could give me a perfectly polished slate-bed billiard table that was 20ft wide by 4000ft long and I would probably still crash. Trust me my friend, tires are in no way my limiting factor yet. 😂

You are giving me too many props, but I appreciate your support. With my level of experience ATM you could give me a perfectly polished slate-bed billiard table that was 20ft wide by 4000ft long and I would probably still crash. Trust me my friend, tires are in no way my limiting factor yet. 😂
At first I was wondering what tosh I had written in what you quoted....I had to go back and check to make sure I wasn't sleep posting. Thankfully, it turns out, you just lopped half the text off and began typing your response there. It's not that I'm relieved to find that I haven't lost my mind, I'm just satisfied with knowing that it's as lost as I thought it was.

But hey, look at it this way. If you did crash on a 4000ft billiard table, you'd at least have rubber bumpers along the sides to soften the impact. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back