Fireteam Recommend Me Some Wheel Bearings for The FT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Alright guys, so on my last outing with the FT two wheel bearings bit the dust. One in the rear, and one in the front. So I purchased these from Amazon. Even though the description says they'd fit the FT, the bearing supplied with this kit is too thick. BTW, it's the inner wheel bearing. Looking for some recommendations for high quality bearings that fit the FT. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20230304_212524_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Just grab some fast eddys bearings, they’re good enough and popular.
I started to just get Fast Eddys but I was tempted by the next day delivery of the WE bearings 😔
WE has been good for me with Traxxas in the past.
They look & feel great, but apparently the FT uses a thinner inner bearing than the rest of the 6S line for some odd reason 🤔

Thanks for all the input guys. I can get the Fast Eddys here in a couple days. Maybe I'll get a few Avid RC as well just to keep on hand.

Jimsbearings.com seems to have good bearings as well! Last set I got from him were well lubed.

I started to just get Fast Eddys but I was tempted by the next day delivery of the WE bearings 😔

They look & feel great, but apparently the FT uses a thinner inner bearing than the rest of the 6S line for some odd reason 🤔
The Fireteam uses the same hubs as the Talion, Infraction/Felony/Limitless, Typhon and Mojave…the bearings are all the same.

There is definitely no difference.

How much longer do the bearings last with aluminum hubs?
I would get about 2 packs before one would explode on the thin bearing composite hub, didn’t matter if it was Mojave or Fireteam arms. Have about 10 packs through a couple rigs with the bigger bearings that now have large heat sinks surrounding them, still smooth. I run 22/40 gearing, wheel balance and heavy diff fluid is equally important when you’re spinning heavier tires tires 4-5k+ RPM.

Last edited:
The Fireteam uses the same hubs as the Talion, Infraction/Felony/Limitless, Typhon and Mojave…the bearings are all the same.

There is definitely no difference.
Hmm, I'll give it another go with the WE bearings have later today. I don't know, perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I could not get the axle through the bearing/hub. It's almost like the bearing is a hair too thick. I'll definitely try again. Thanks.

Hmm, I'll give it another go with the WE bearings have later today. I don't know, perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I could not get the axle through the bearing/hub. It's almost like the bearing is a hair too thick. I'll definitely try again. Thanks.
So you are saying the inside diameter of the bearing is too small for the stubaxle? Are the ends of your axles damaged maybe? Might cause the ends to mushroom a little bit making them hard to get through the bearing?
Had that happen when a curb just slammed into the side of my Infraction without any warning :eek:

Just throwing ideas out there, maybe you could take some pictures?

Well the good news is I finally got the bearing in...the bad news is I can't get this piece to screw back into the top of the hub evenly. I fear I may have cross threaded. 🤬 you Arrma!

20230305_141817.jpg

Well the good news is I finally got the bearing in...the bad news is I can't get this piece to screw back into the top of the hub evenly. I fear I may have cross threaded. 🤬 you Arrma!

View attachment 283246
Use some force while threading it in to the side where it won’t go in evenly. That usually does the trick for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back