Big Rock Cant get the spine block back in for the life of me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slimjim

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I recent did some engine work on my big rock and I can't get the spine block to slide back in for the life of me is there anything I'm doing wrong plz help

So I recent did some engine work on my big rock and I can't get the spine block to slide back in for the life of me is there anything I'm doing wrong plz help
Is it the same motor or a different one? have you tried it without the motor on the plate?

Same motor just changed the gear spur it will slide onto each slot separately but not together motor is seated correctly

Same motor just changed the gear spur it will slide onto each slot separately but not together motor is seated correctly
i guess we need some pictures, not sure what you are talking about then.

20240309_150158.jpg
it won't just slide in like in the videos ove seen

View attachment 353558it won't just slide in like in the videos ove seen

One of two things are causing it..

First, make sure your Power Module is Fully seated into its rear diff recess..

Then look at both ends of the Red Spline brace to make sure the mating grooves are not damaged/kinked in some way that's preventing it from sliding on the chassis portion..

It should slide on with minimum force when all is in order.

(You should Not feel the need to fight with it ,or the need to whip out and use a hammer...)

Show us photos of Both ends of the Red Spline..

This has happened to me on a couple of occasions: I just pulled the power module forward; checked that there was nothing causing it not to seat; and reseated the power module. The tolerances are tight: if everything isn't perfect, the spline block won't seat.

Agree with the above. If it's gone in before and not going in now, something has changed that's keeping the power module from sitting fully in place.

Also consider checking the guide tracks on the chassis for the power module that there isn't dirt and debris in there keeping it from sliding all the way back. That's happened to me many a time.

Stupid question but are you using the Arrma rear diff in puts? The Arrma ones have a built in recess to allow the nut that holds the slipper screw in place some space whereas the aftermarket ones do not have this recess which causes the slipper nut to hit the diff output shaft and causes the motor module to not fully seat.

Arrma ones with the recess built in.

41231erdwqea.png

Aftermarket ones without the recess.

4e56ytrfuhgyjf.png

Back