Recommendations for 12mm hex to 14mm hex sleeve if any..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicious_oli

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Infraction 4x4
Hi everyone!

I've recently switch my 3s Senton to HR 12mm hexes, currently running some PowerHobby Raptors 2.2 Belted. I'm really enjoying them for off-road bashing and even some speed runs since they don't balloon.

I still have a few sets of 14mm tires that I'd like to use every once in a while.
These Duratrax wheels are 14mm, but come with a 12mm adapter sleeve, which would probably let me use all my other 14mm wheels on my 12mm hexes
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QN1VMLT

While looking for more items like those sleeve, the only place I can seem to find anything similar is on eBay. I found these really nice alloy ones, but I'm not sure if they'd fit the Senton.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274691038803
They look like they should fit, but I'd like to be sure.

Anyone have any experiences with such sleeves/adapters? I'm inclined to go with an alloy adapter, like the one from eBay.. but maybe a plastic 3d printed one will still work?.. Even thought about buying the Duratrax wheels just so I can get that adapter sleeve and use on all my other wheels.

I also have the HR ones.. did you keep your 14's!? How come you don't just switch back to them when u want to run your other wheels, it only takes a few minutes to get them all swapped, instead of burning some coin!?

I also have the HR ones.. did you keep your 14's!? How come you don't just switch back to them when u want to run your other wheels, it only takes a few minutes to get them all swapped, instead of burning some coin!?
I still have my 14mm hexes.
I'm looking at it more from a convenience stand point. I don't mind taking stuff apart, spending time, wrenching on the Senton, but for just a wheel change, I feel it would take more effort/time than it should. Specially if I'm out, it would be less parts that my dumb fingers can drop and lose. I don't mind spending the money for the convenience.

I still have my 14mm hexes.
I'm looking at it more from a convenience stand point. I don't mind taking stuff apart, spending time, wrenching on the Senton, but for just a wheel change, I feel it would take more effort/time than it should. Specially if I'm out, it would be less parts that my dumb fingers can drop and lose. I don't mind spending the money for the convenience.
Thats true.. let me know how those metal or aluminum ones do, otf is nice!! 👌

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back