Kraton Recommended front bumper upgrades for K8S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Order66

Lover of reproducible results
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Mojave
  4. Talion
If you don’t have links I’m happy to search, but I’d greatly appreciate a pic to go with your suggestion. Bonus points if you can point me to a good bumper set for my Mojave as well (or instead).

Since I am still a noob with no self control, I have to run max punch setting at all times. Looking for something to give a little coverage to the inevitable meeting of the suspension arms with trees in my home bashing spot.

Much thanks to this amazing forum! Only running 6S until my new batts arrive, but I just have to say.. WOW. I’m just going to run straight stock of this new V2 for a while before making any changes, but this this thing is a LOT of hardware! Great new add to the fleet ?

I think this looks pretty cool. It’s an Xmaxx bumper.
8282122A-1981-44F0-806D-33F2B990D141.jpeg

I'm waiting on RPM on Arrma to come out with, love their O8S bumpers, pretty much like the RPM Kraton one but with some added flexible support behind it.

Don't buy the T-Bone racing bumper, I've had nothing but problems with it and now it's finally broken hehe. Probably my fault since I had to replace the rubber mount with a bolt on each side.

Attachments

• 15959748001292598917099979617893.jpg
    15959748001292598917099979617893.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 15959748263856556992981454488900.jpg
    15959748263856556992981454488900.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 60
Don't buy the T-Bone racing bumper, I've had nothing but problems with it and now it's finally broken hehe. Probably my fault since I had to replace the rubber mount with a bolt on each side.

Oops, that’s the one I ordered ? I don’t see that there is another available out there!

It’s coming too late, of course. First run, bone stock I broke the front shock tower against an immobile object in a gravel parking lot. Only running 6S, too!!

Now just hoping I get all my replacement parts in the same 1 or 2 days :/

Attachments

• 3FBA3DEB-FAC9-4D3C-B886-0C9F069E6BC3.jpeg
    3FBA3DEB-FAC9-4D3C-B886-0C9F069E6BC3.jpeg
    650.9 KB · Views: 62
I don't know, I think the 8s is bigger. Might be worth checking the holes on your model. The 6s holes on the front bumper are 65.5mm apart (little over 2.5 inches) and this bumper screwed right in.

throttle control and practice.

Every time I tweak something I have to learn how to throttle control just right to land flat.
With almost any other situation I'd agree with you, but I wouldn't need a bumper if I was perfect, it's just to take some of the strain when I make a mistake, it won't stop everything, just might relieve some of the pressure that gets exerted on the front wheels if I come in a little nose heavy.

If you watch my latest video you'll see that the car is sideways off the ramp, throttle control in the air could have meant I didn't land on the front wheel (my mistake), but it would have then landed on the rear wheel, so would I rather snap a rear arm, no. The practice I needed in this situation is making sure I leave the jump square, so there is no sideways twisting.

I'm a big advocate for skills and learning, practicing basic skills, but there is a point were if you don't attempt to leave the ground your never going to fly. I just was looking for some help to reduce the severity of the damage when I mess up.

Starting to see what you mean- that rubber hose/fitting they use as a spacer/dampener doesn’t hold onto the threads for sh!t. I think it might last one or two more packs

With almost any other situation I'd agree with you, but I wouldn't need a bumper if I was perfect, it's just to take some of the strain when I make a mistake, it won't stop everything, just might relieve some of the pressure that gets exerted on the front wheels if I come in a little nose heavy.

If you watch my latest video you'll see that the car is sideways off the ramp, throttle control in the air could have meant I didn't land on the front wheel (my mistake), but it would have then landed on the rear wheel, so would I rather snap a rear arm, no. The practice I needed in this situation is making sure I leave the jump square, so there is no sideways twisting.

I'm a big advocate for skills and learning, practicing basic skills, but there is a point were if you don't attempt to leave the ground your never going to fly. I just was looking for some help to reduce the severity of the damage when I mess up.

Oh I totally agree. I need a bumper as well. It is never a perfect landing lol

First run, bone stock I broke the front shock tower against an immobile object in a gravel parking lot.
THIS! This is exactly what I did on my second run. Hit an immobile object, a porch, and broke my shock tower. Plus a broken upper and lower arm bar. Out of commission now until I fix it :(

I hope fixing yours went well.
Here you can see the broken front right upper and lower arms, including the broken front shock tower.

I feel a better bumper could have helped a lot. Any suggestions for an upgraded bumper? Maybe I need to do a DIY bumper?

2021-05-01 13.54.36.jpg

Last edited:
THIS! This is exactly what I did on my second run. Hit an immobile object, a porch, and broke my shock tower. Plus a broken upper and lower arm bar. Out of commission now until I fix it :(

I hope fixing yours went well.
Here you can see the broken front right upper and lower arms, including the broken front shock tower.

I feel a better bumper could have helped a lot. Any suggestions for an upgraded bumper? Maybe I need to do a DIY bumper?

View attachment 143323
RPM arms will save you in most situations. I had a ton of horrible wrecks with them & they're still going strong. BUT . . . they really messed up this last batch of rear arms. I checked out all 4 sets my LHS has & they were all off at the hub. As for the bumper, I extended the stock EXB & beefed it up. It doubles as a fantastic handle.

20210428_202628.jpg

20210428_202844.jpg

As for the bumper, I extended the stock EXB & beefed it up. It doubles as a fantastic handle.

How did you extend the bumper there? With a hard plastic piece connecting in-between the stock bumper and the stock bumper mount holes?

I figure you would want some sort of compressible cushion, like rubber tire edging on a track, to absorb any impact and lessen the shock on the arms and parts.

How did you extend the bumper there? With a hard plastic piece connecting in-between the stock bumper and the stock bumper mount holes?

I figure you would want some sort of compressible cushion, like rubber tire edging on a track, to absorb any impact and lessen the shock on the arms and parts.
You want the front bumper to be as stiff as possible. I used a hard 1/4' HDPE for the lower skid & a soft 1/5" HDPE (2 layers) for the top brace & bumper reinforcement. I cut the stock bumper right at the hinge retainer. The flexibility comes from the soft HDPE giving under extreme impact while the hard HDPE stays put.

20210428_203143.jpg

20210428_203126.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back