Kraton Red flashing light on an 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivegottheclep

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have the red flashing light... no power at at all. No steering, no drive, no reverse.. my buddy borrowed it and switched out for new batteries in the radio and that's when the problems started. Anyone have and ideas to fix it or what I need to replace?

I’ve had this a few times on some rigs. Both times it was a bad receiver. Swapped them out and the rigs were back to normal.
Another thing that could be the culprit is your remote isn’t bound to the receiver anymore. I would try to rebind first before changing the receiver……it may be that simple.

If you do end up replacing the receiver try a SR315 or SR515…..both spectrum. I’ve had more issues with the stock one in my K8 than any other receiver.

cheers,
kev

Last edited:
I have the red flashing light... no power at at all. No steering, no drive, no reverse.. my buddy borrowed it and switched out for new batteries in the radio and that's when the problems started. Anyone have and ideas to fix it or what I need to replace?
So what did you end up doing ?

Well I finally figured out how to bind it correctly. But after I did, the car was very slow and the left steering wasn't the same. And also the red flashing light would come back after using it.
So what did you end up doing ?

Ok, stupid question but I have to ask…….are your lipos charged? Red flash also means low voltage cut off. If the rig is working, but slow, LVC may make sense.

Tried 2 different sets.. all were freshly charged. I'm not sure if I have a bad esc at this point or what. Last night I re-binded it and all I had was reverse which was new..

Well I finally figured out how to bind it correctly. But after I did, the car was very slow and the left steering wasn't the same. And also the red flashing light would come back after using it.
That means your throttle and steering need calibration

Tried 2 different sets.. all were freshly charged. I'm not sure if I have a bad esc at this point or what. Last night I re-binded it and all I had was reverse which was new..
manual
Red flashes always means low voltage (LED flashes red with short single pulses)
All other codes use green.
Not so healthy pack can drop in voltage quickly under load (and look great when you check the voltage 3 min later.

some suggestions:
  • If you LVC is set at 3.4v it could kick in quicker than you might think. You might want to set it lower.
  • You could also reduce the load by changing to a smaller pinion (maybe you are running bigger wheels?)
  • Don't full throttle all the way, give your batteries some intervals to recover

Did you have steering?
I think your receiver is bad.

Last week I took my talion out. Sat it on the tailgate of my truck to prep. Turned it on, red flashing light. Sat like that for over a minute while I scratched my head then all of a sudden…….full throttle! Thing travelled a few feet before the wires that hold my tailgate caught it. I had a hell of a time trying to grab hold of it. Turned off my remote with my free hand……rig still at full throttle, that’s when I shut the rig off. ( should have been my first step).

If the rig hadn’t been in the back of my truck it would have launched across the field til it hit something.

brought it home and changed the receiver……..problem solved.

Last edited:
I realized after tho, that my avc isn't working. Any idea about that? I'm very new to the rc world.. lol

AVC is a function of the receiver you replaced. It’s unneeded and considered a ”cheat” amongst most of of here.
The SR 315, 515 doesn’t support that feature. …..might help in the speed run community but for bashers…..not so much.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back