Redcat Danchee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Im not a crawler expert, but the new Redcat Danchee looks like some serious bang for the buck. Portal axles, locking diffs, and 4 wheel steering šŸ˜®

Screenshot_20231206_194001_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231206_194024_Chrome.jpg

Saw this too. Looked at the original numerous times. Seemed like a lot of mods to make it great. But, this... I'm really tempted.

Yea those bodies are horrible šŸ¤£ Redcat is hit or miss with their bodies. Either they look really good, or really ugly.

Yea those bodies are horrible šŸ¤£ Redcat is hit or miss with their bodies. Either they look really good, or really ugly.
Yeah some of their bodies are nicely detailed. Like the Custom Hauler.
1701926370669.jpeg

and others are really bad.

Hold the phone!!
I thought the Danchee was the new car REdcat just release a month ago at Proline's event but that is the new Ascent.
Why would they release two new 10th crawlers with such a huge difference in price?
They don't even have the Danchee on their web site yet.
Am I missing something?
My bad I see the Danchee is called the ridgerunner.

I've been super impressed with the gen9 crawler I have. It's not perfect, but gives you the same or more features as a double priced traxxas equivalent. I'd give this one a try for sure.

That thing looks pretty sweet! šŸ‘ I think Redcats crawlers are a little better than their "bashers".
I have no experience with their bashers. This will be my first Red cat vehicle so we will see, but from what I have seen with Redcat, as my friend has a Scout and he loves it, and what I saw at an event a few months ago. It is love - hate with Redcat. Their Custom Hauler was a hit and the Ascents were blah.

I just ordered the 8th scale Marksman which was on sale for 299$ I hope it is not a POS.
View attachment 335797
I think the point that I try to take away is: even if the truck requires some upgrades, if you get it for a killer price, then it's a win. But the caveat is that it has to be fixable. For example, if you had bought their 1/6 scale Shredder at a sale price, you might be thinking you made out like a bandit. But there were next to no fixes or upgrade parts for the weak drivetrain. Things like an underpowered 4s system it came with: you can fix that and upgrade, so it's just a matter of price. But a weak drivetrain that has no upgrade parts is not something you can fix. So at some point it's not worth it. That's why the shredder was a bad buy at essentially any price.

On the other hand, the Kaiju's need some improvement out of the box, but there are fixes and upgrades for them to make them pretty dang durable. So buying one for me was just a matter of "how much can i get this on sale?" At $450, there were other better buys for durability. But at close to $300 during one of their sales, it was a no brainer (that's the same price or less than an Arrma 4x4).

At $300, the marksman would have to be a pretty bad flop to not be worth it. Keep us updated on how it turns out! (y)

I think the point that I try to take away is: even if the truck requires some upgrades, if you get it for a killer price, then it's a win. But the caveat is that it has to be fixable. For example, if you had bought their 1/6 scale Shredder at a sale price, you might be thinking you made out like a bandit. But there were next to no fixes or upgrade parts for the weak drivetrain. Things like an underpowered 4s system it came with: you can fix that and upgrade, so it's just a matter of price. But a weak drivetrain that has no upgrade parts is not something you can fix. So at some point it's not worth it. That's why the shredder was a bad buy at essentially any price.

On the other hand, the Kaiju's need some improvement out of the box, but there are fixes and upgrades for them to make them pretty dang durable. So buying one for me was just a matter of "how much can i get this on sale?" At $450, there were other better buys for durability. But at close to $300 during one of their sales, it was a no brainer (that's the same price or less than an Arrma 4x4).

At $300, the marksman would have to be a pretty bad flop to not be worth it. Keep us updated on how it turns out! (y)
Still can't believe they shipped that thing with a 4S power system šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

looks like an updated rockridge with portal axles. you get a lot for the money, but redcat cut a lot of costs by making these SOA and MOA, eliminating the transmission and driveshafts, and using plastic links. Could be nice for a first crawler, but i would rather spend a little more and build a base camp or enduro kit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back