Redcat new truggy Machete 6s and 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a Machete about two months ago. Mine is from the early stock with the original parts on it and the upgrades included in a bag with it.

My son and I could be considered Arrma Fan Boys, but I really liked the looks and size of the Machete. When you first look at it you think it's not that big
but when you set it next to the 1/8 Tailon it puts it into perspective.

So far we've run about 10-12 packs through it and all is good. It handles a lot like a Kraton, really planted, does about 45-50 mph out of the box, and we.ve only had to replace a servo. Not a big deal, and most of the youtubers thought that the stock servo was weak anyway. (Have not put the upgrade parts on yet either) We've run it in rough plowed farm fields, Jumped it on hills at the park and jumped across little creeks. Yesterday I was jumping a creek and hit a large rock head on that weighed about the same as the car at full speed and it just stopped! Everyone with us is, "That's toast!". Nope, just Backed up and just drove away, I was surprised something didn't break. I think I hit it with the front bumper and not a wheel. I don't think any rc would of survived a direct wheel vs large rock hit like that.

The only mods we've done so far is change out the center diff fluid and heavier shock fluid. The only real problem I see with it is the suspension is soft.
It's heavy and will chassis slap when you jump it. We are trying different shock fluid and springs.

The LHS I ordered it from had not seen one in person and they were really impressed with it overall. They handle Redcat but mostly the crawlers and small bashers.
They said they were interested in the Machete, but thought it might not be much better than the Shredder. The owner looked it over and said that now he was going to get a few in stock.

My son who is definitely an Arrma Fan Boy, rolled his eyes when I said I was getting one. He told me, " Just get a Kraton". Now he swaps controllers with me
and loves how you can blast it around at high speed. I think that is where it shines, chasing each other around at high speed, up and down hills and small jumps.
I would be afraid of skateparks until you can get the chassis slap worked out.

Anyway, that's my experience with it. I wanted a large RC and this fits the bill, and doesn't cost $ 1,000. But don't worry Arrma Fan Boys, my favorite offroad large RC
is my Fireteam. But the Machete is a very, very close second.

Merry Chirstmas everyone!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back