Redcat new truggy Machete 6s and 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is the Machete dead? Hehehe.
Yeah, seems like it.. "Failure to launch"🤣.. I have no experience so just observations but, seems no one is really interested. Too much for too little I think. I know I'd much rather drop $5-600 on a K6 or Kagama than $500 on a Machete. Hard sell I think.

So is the Machete dead? Hehehe.
The hype is, that's for sure. I actually think they're pretty cool rigs. I know they had a few minor issues upon it's initial release, but other than that, I'm not sure why they never really caught on. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, seems like it.. "Failure to launch".. I have no experience so just observations but, seems no one is really interested. Too much for too little I think. I know I'd much rather drop $5-600 on a K6 or Kagama than $500 on a Machete. Hard sell I think.
Wow I never really paid attention to how close the price was between the M6 & K6. 95% of people are going to pick the K6 every time at that price point. If the M6 were +/- $400, I think it would've been much more of a success. That and I think it had some funky weird new steering setup if I remember correctly.

The hype is, that's for sure. I actually think they're pretty cool rigs. I know they had a few minor issues upon it's initial release, but other than that, I'm not sure why they never really caught on. 🤷‍♂️
Well, I think in the case of the Machete, Redcats reputation puts everyone on pause about dropping $500 on it. Combined with little to no exposure, aftermarket support and well.. "failure to launch".. is what it is. I was turned off by Redcat 10 years ago with the Avalanche XTE. It was a proverbial turd by all accounts. The Kaiju brought me back at $400. It's been a blast, but there still is no real support for those either from aftermarket. Redcat has always been too quick to move on, I think that has alot to do with it. I like the Machete but, just not enough to buy.

Nah, I'll still be here, but at a moderate rate I have to dig myself out of this crazy consumer debt that I have. I over did it.
True. Same here. No more modding. Just minimum maintenance and repairs. And running 4S in the Mojaves to lower the strain on the drivetrain. I've spent enough. This hobby can ruin your finances. No debt here though.

True. Same here. No more modding. Just minimum maintenance and repairs. And running 4S in the Mojaves to lower the strain on the drivetrain. I've spent enough. This hobby can ruin your finances. No debt here though.
You said a mouthful there brother.

The hype is, that's for sure. I actually think they're pretty cool rigs. I know they had a few minor issues upon it's initial release, but other than that, I'm not sure why they never really caught on.

Honestly, I don’t think they put it into the hands of enough influencers. I might still get one, but I have enough cars in the pipeline already.

Honestly, I don’t think they put it into the hands of enough influencers. I might still get one, but I have enough cars in the pipeline already.
That sir, is a great problem to have lol. But you're absolutely right, Traxxas & Arrma sees to it that any & every influencer with somewhat of a following gets one. Redcat didn't take that page out of the Traxxas play book unfortunately. I believe they thought The Machete was so different from everything else in their current lineup, that it'd sell itself.

That sir, is a great problem to have lol. But you're absolutely right, Traxxas & Arrma sees to it that any & every influencer with somewhat of a following gets one. Redcat didn't take that page out of the Traxxas play book unfortunately. I believe they thought The Machete was so different from everything else in their current lineup, that it'd sell itself.

Traxxas actually sends cars to very few influencers. Arrma sends to at least 2x as many.

Yeah. I went so over board that I'm in the final stages of chapter 7 bankruptcy. I spent like $25k on just RC related stuff. I got completely addicted. Buying RC vehicles all the time, upgrading to the tune of thousands of dollars. Moderation is key. I sold most of my stuff at a loss and only kept like 5 of them. Luckily I didn't blow all my money away, since I still have savings, a good low mortgage an retirement investments. But yeah, I messed up big time. All my fault.

Yeah. I went so over board that I'm in the final stages of chapter 7 bankruptcy. I spent like $25k on just RC related stuff. I got completely addicted. Buying RC vehicles all the time, upgrading to the tune of thousands of dollars. Moderation is key. I sold most of my stuff at a loss and only kept like 5 of them. Luckily I didn't blow all my money away, since I still have savings, a good low mortgage an retirement investments. But yeah, I messed up big time. All my fault.

Buddy,
That's Hardcore!
Sorry to hear about the chapter 7.
That's a hard pill to swallow, let alone to hear about.. due to RCs.

Glad to see you're on the road to recovery.

Easy to do. I dug myself in pretty bad about 25 years ago..then got sucked into one of those debt consolidation outfits..after 2 years getting nowhere (shocker), I paid some shady lawyer $500 to wipe out $25k.. not proud of it, but it was just too easy to do back then. I was in my twenties and careless. Nowadays, I purposely limit my credit lines just to prevent any such situations. Even locked out my credit reporting so no one can send me anymore offers. When the government was sending out all the covid checks is how I bought most of my rc's. Now I just try to maintain, few upgrades as things break but my rigs are 90 percent stock.. cheaper, and they last longer when not so crazy overpowered I find. To each their own.👍🍻

I think the initial addiction gets everyone at some point, eventually tapering off somewhat. I'm lucky my initial wave only lasted about 6 months (it also helped that my garage count was limited by orders of the Boss). I find having a budget and sticking to it has helped me. My $25 a week doesn't get me much, enough to do some repairs when i go out bashing every week and maybe save a little. Sometimes when i've broke something, i've had to wait a week or two to replace the part.

I think the initial addiction gets everyone at some point, eventually tapering off somewhat. I'm lucky my initial wave only lasted about 6 months (it also helped that my garage count was limited by orders of the Boss). I find having a budget and sticking to it has helped me. My $25 a week doesn't get me much, enough to do some repairs when i go out bashing every week and maybe save a little. Sometimes when i've broke something, i've had to wait a week or two to replace the part.
That's about what I have to spend too.. not much, but I have no complaints. Life is good!!😁🍻

I'm getting much better at budgeting for RC. I only spent $29 the whole month of October 2023. But I spent $40 on fish tank stuff during that same period. So that's still too much. Between the two hobbies and eating out and random stuff, it wss like a total of $133. I want to cut down even more! Sorry for clogging this threat 😅

Anyone in the SF Bay Area want a NIB 6S for $320? I got a line on these, but gotta buy two, lol.

Almost jumped on the crazy redcat sale for black friday and bought one of these. I think the 6s version was going for like $400 or something? 4s version was close to $300. I already have three redcat trucks and I keep telling myself "You're good. You don't need another RC anyway." And then I see crap like this...
If the machete goes on another sale like that I might have to pick it up. I'm a sucker for crazy deals. I know I'm a halfway decent driver, so would the machete actually be viable (as Tomley RC demonstrates)?

Almost jumped on the crazy redcat sale for black friday and bought one of these. I think the 6s version was going for like $400 or something? 4s version was close to $300. I already have three redcat trucks and I keep telling myself "You're good. You don't need another RC anyway." And then I see crap like this...
If the machete goes on another sale like that I might have to pick it up. I'm a sucker for crazy deals. I know I'm a halfway decent driver, so would the machete actually be viable (as Tomley RC demonstrates)?
I'm actually a bit of a fan of the machete. Looks good and a lot of truck for the money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back