Redcat new truggy Machete 6s and 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I physically picked it up for curiosity. I didn't buy it. I'm not about to get a divorce or go back to my impulsive ways 😂😂😂😂. I've spent about $150 on parts only in the last 4 months. And they were parts that I absolutely needed 😂. I have several broken rc vehicles that are going to stay like that for a while 😭😢. Sorry for the self rant 😂

That's some serious discipline, well done.

That's some serious discipline, well done.
Thanks. And that money was all cash. No credit cards. I just had to stop myself. I used to spend like at least $50 plus in stuff and I would put it on credit and carry a balance. Talk about DUMB 😭😂. ANYWAYS, bash on! But with moderation.

Thanks. And that money was all cash. No credit cards. I just had to stop myself. I used to spend like at least $50 plus in stuff and I would put it on credit and carry a balance. Talk about DUMB 😭😂. ANYWAYS, bash on! But with moderation.

I hear ya. When I was in my 20's, I had $10k in credit card debt. My first full-time job paid $40k and I decided to put my head down and pay it off. $10k in taxes, $10k credit card debt, $10k rent, left me like $800/month for food, gas, utilities, insurance, and that's about it. I did nothing for a year but it was a great feeling to get out of it.

Haven't had time to run mines. Got a barely used 4s roller. Installed the update center shafts. Tossed a long shaft Tekno 18t pinion

I'm hoping the Machete ends up being included in Redcats 30 days of deals during June next year.. I like, not for $500 though..🤞
You guys are gluttons for punishment 😂 I'll just sit back and watch..
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

You guys are gluttons for punishment 😂 I'll just sit back and watch..
Pop Corn GIF by WWE
What, no love for Redcat? I know, many don't.. doesn't phaze me.. the Kaiju has proven itself to me over and over, and is one of my favs.
As usual (for Redcat) the Machete has "failed to launch", meaning no one is interested, or so it seems. If it gets down around $375 or so, I'm game for the "punishment"😉😁🍻

What, no love for Redcat? I know, many don't.. doesn't phaze me.. the Kaiju has proven itself to me over and over, and is one of my favs.
As usual (for Redcat) the Machete has "failed to launch", meaning no one is interested, or so it seems. If it gets down around $375 or so, I'm game for the "punishment"😉😁🍻
I’m just playing..no hate here. I still want an Impala. 😁

Won't lie, I now have more redcats than any other brand... :LOL:

But to be honest, one of those is a crawlers, which redcat actually does pretty well. And the other two are the Kaijus. The OG kaiju is genuinely my most abused truck. Plus getting them for just over $300 each makes it totally worth it!

Won't lie, I now have more redcats than any other brand... :LOL:

But to be honest, one of those is a crawlers, which redcat actually does pretty well. And the other two are the Kaijus. The OG kaiju is genuinely my most abused truck. Plus getting them for just over $300 each makes it totally worth it!
I find the Kaiju to be more of a hooligan than hardcore basher, which fits my use. It wouldn't survive any Duperbash type of stuff but, it flips and rips perfectly for me. Priced right too. Well, on sale anyways😁
I'm still holding out on the crawler thing.. but I really don't get the low riders or drag cars either. I think it's cuz I'm a hermit..🤔😉🤷‍♂️
I’m just playing..no hate here. I still want an Impala. 😁
No worries here bro. I understand that Redcat has hurt some feelings for sure.. I been there.
You had a Shredder right? That was a foul ball for sure.. a stretched out 1/10 scale.. and a poor one at that IMO. ✌

Last edited:
I find the Kaiju to be more of a hooligan than hardcore basher, which fits my use. It wouldn't survive any Duperbash type of stuff but, it flips and rips perfectly for me. Priced right too. Well, on sale anyways😁
I'm still holding out on the crawler thing.. but I really don't get the low riders or drag cars either. I think it's cuz I'm a hermit..🤔😉🤷‍♂️
I agree, funny though, sometimes after a wild run with a SWB the LWB feels like a nice break. Especially the K8S, that thing just sails!

My OG Redcat Volcano PRO usually comes with for a pack as well.. That thing is just wild, like a 2-stroke (power band wise).

No worries here bro. I understand that Redcat has hurt some feelings for sure.. I been there.
You had a Shredder right? That was a foul ball for sure.. a stretched out 1/10 scale.. and a poor one at that IMO. ✌
Yeh more like 1/7 though. Sht plastics. Garbage diffs. Blah blah. 🤨

I think one thing I can appreciate here is that redcat seems willing to revise and improve their products. Sometimes this means the price point changes from generation to generation, but you overall get alot more if the price does increase. Their crawlers are a good example. The price has gone up, but they've kept offering alot more. The current everest gen9 is a good example. Price is higher than original, but you get a very capable crawler, than compares to a $700 RTR traxxas for only $400.

And sometimes the price doesn’t increase, and you just get more for about the same money. Seems like they've learned a few things to make the machete a much better option than the shredder. And even at the same release price $400 (for the 4s version), the machete is a better buy than a $400 shredder. The kaiju is the other good example. They revised the upper arms to be more robust and include them on the new trucks, and they now ship with a metal spur. The diff cup issue seems to be sorted out. Overall, seems like they are really invested in getting issues sorted out and pushed out to the consumer without really upping the price a ton. But maybe that's just me.

Wish I could say the same for Arrma sometimes...
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...f-the-new-outcast-and-kraton-8s-trucks.64102/

I think one thing I can appreciate here is that redcat seems willing to revise and improve their products. Sometimes this means the price point changes from generation to generation, but you overall get alot more if the price does increase. Their crawlers are a good example. The price has gone up, but they've kept offering alot more. The current everest gen9 is a good example. Price is higher than original, but you get a very capable crawler, than compares to a $700 RTR traxxas for only $400.

And sometimes the price doesn’t increase, and you just get more for about the same money. Seems like they've learned a few things to make the machete a much better option than the shredder. And even at the same release price $400 (for the 4s version), the machete is a better buy than a $400 shredder. The kaiju is the other good example. They revised the upper arms to be more robust and include them on the new trucks, and they now ship with a metal spur. The diff cup issue seems to be sorted out. Overall, seems like they are really invested in getting issues sorted out and pushed out to the consumer without really upping the price a ton. But maybe that's just me.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...f-the-new-outcast-and-kraton-8s-trucks.64102/
I paid over $700 to get the shredder, batteries and charger. Now it’s a turd on a shelf..
My buddy who owns both kaiju’s and is a huge redcat fan is sick of them breaking every time he uses them. He does not bash hard like I do. He is now discouraged from bashing with me.
To each his own. I was glad to arrma announced the 8s line will be around for a while. I’ve only been in the hobby for a little over a year and I wasn’t expecting arrma to release anything special til next year. Just my 2…✌🏼

I agree, funny though, sometimes after a wild run with a SWB the LWB feels like a nice break. Especially the K8S, that thing just sails!

My OG Redcat Volcano PRO usually comes with for a pack as well.. That thing is just wild, like a 2-stroke (power band wise).
I like to have both, SWB and LWB..with LWB being my most frequent choice.
I even converted both my MT410 and Kaiju to LWB.. guess I don't really have SWB anymore now that I think about it. Oh well, guess I'm not really missing them🤷‍♂️

I paid over $700 to get the shredder, batteries and charger. Now it’s a turd on a shelf..
My buddy who owns both kaiju’s and is a huge redcat fan is sick of them breaking every time he uses them. He does not bash hard like I do. He is now discouraged from bashing with me.
To each his own. I was glad to arrma announced the 8s line will be around for a while. I’ve only been in the hobby for a little over a year and I wasn’t expecting arrma to release anything special til next year. Just my 2…✌🏼
How much was the shredder originally? I thought it was $400, but I'm probably off. But yeah I won't argue with you about the shredder. Definitely a lackluster product from what I have seen.

I find it crazy that people's experiences can be so different. Lots of people love their kraton, and my EXB was good for a while, but it's been nothing but headaches after the first 6 months. Super finicky about when it wants to run well. Whereas my Kaiju is over a year old, bashed just as hard or harder, and still keeps defiantly plucking along.

Kind of comical how my experience has been teaching me that redcats are better buys than some Arrma's, and I know most people on here would violently disagree with me :LOL: I say run what runs for you and bash on!

I agree. I think it's just the "pecking order" that determines what they can charge..TRX then Arrma..and so on down the line. TRX being the biggest name means they can charge what they do..
I actually think the 8s rtr exb is somewhat of a surprise. I fully expected the price to be higher rather than the same. Better electronics is a bonus IMO. Sad the rollers are gone, not surprising however.
How much was the shredder originally? I thought it was $400, but I'm probably off. But yeah I won't argue with you about the shredder. Definitely a lackluster product from what I have seen.

I find it crazy that people's experiences can be so different. Lots of people love their kraton, and my EXB was good for a while, but it's been nothing but headaches after the first 6 months. Super finicky about when it wants to run well. Whereas my Kaiju is over a year old, bashed just as hard or harder, and still keeps defiantly plucking along.

Kind of comical how my experience has been teaching me that redcats are better buys than some Arrma's, and I know most people on here would violently disagree with me :LOL: I say run what runs for you and bash on!
6s EXB?
I just lost my first exb(6s) diff last weekend..Mojo turned kraton xl. Rear diff skipping like a mother.. haven't torn into it yet. 2 solid years of abuse and neglect though. I'm satisfied.. rinse and repeat hopefully.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back