Reducing my fly sky G7P rating from 5 stars to 2 stars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilly81

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 3s
I see a few threads pop up now and again about the fly sky G7P and I usually chime in highlighting all of its benefits. I mention that I did have a few hiccups.

Well, today was the last straw. I’m giving up on it. I’m going to try to transition my fleet towards the radio link and see if I have better luck.

I originally bought both radios so I could have some variety and allow friends to use some of my cars while I’m also playing.

Well, today I brought five or six cars to play with with my nieces and nephews on Easter. And my fly sky just totally friggin reset itself. Back to factory memory… All models forgotten. I have a semi recent back up on my PC, ironically, because I had to warranty replace it a couple months ago, so the back up isn’t super up-to-date.

Bear in mind, this is the straw that broke the camels back. I’m completely in love with the functionality of the radio for its price point. But I am officially deeming it crap quality and giving up.

Rather than reiterate, my boring saga of poor quality that I’ve already gone through with this radio, you can read my post in this other thread, if you are interested in the details
Post in thread 'Flysky FS-G7P Customer Support'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/flysky-fs-g7p-customer-support.61514/post-920553

TL;DR Great functionality, and ergonomics for the price. Piece of shizzle quality wise. Hard pass.

Should of went with spektrum!! Sucks dude, flysky ruined Easter!! 🥺
Honestly it probably saved a couple cars from inevitable destruction lol, but pissed anyway.

I was like their biggest promoter - such a great radio functionality wise. But how many time can it bite you before writing it off.

I doubt I'd go to spektrum but never say never! Price, not performance. I have the Radiolink 6(gs?) that I'll start transitioning to and see if it has less issues. They have cheap RX's so not the end of the world if I need to change up.
\

Should of went with spektrum!! Sucks dude, flysky ruined Easter!! 🥺
I have Spektrum and enjoy the DTX5, but..... the cost of the receivers are out of hand. For the price of a 5 channel receiver I can buy the Transmitter AND the receiver from Flysky. Just my 2 cents... 🙃

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back