Relentless big rock crew cab wheel wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On several of my big rock axles from factory I had a similar wobbly issue. I finally pulled the driveshaft because one of the wheels kept falling off no matter what I did. On all three there was factory Loctite in the bottom, so much that the screw wasn’t allowed to seat all the way in.

I found I could tell by looking at my driveshafts when I pulled them from the vehicle. The axel is supposed to be all the way in with just a little bit of the slotted part visible. On mine half the slotted part was exposed. I cleaned out the axles with a small drillbit then soaked in brake cleaner to get the rest out. Then I didn’t have any more issues.

Occasionally I will bend an axle jumping or just beating on the car. It’s not a big deal though and I really don’t worry about it. As long as the axle is secure I don’t care if it wobbles a bit anymore.
Yeah that kinda where I was at, not caring about the wobble anymore but one of the wheels had started to wobble so bad that you can see the truck shift around in weird ways while going slow. Just can't ignore that anymore

On several of my big rock axles from factory I had a similar wobbly issue. I finally pulled the driveshaft because one of the wheels kept falling off no matter what I did. On all three there was factory Loctite in the bottom, so much that the screw wasn’t allowed to seat all the way in.

I found I could tell by looking at my driveshafts when I pulled them from the vehicle. The axel is supposed to be all the way in with just a little bit of the slotted part visible. On mine half the slotted part was exposed. I cleaned out the axles with a small drillbit then soaked in brake cleaner to get the rest out. Then I didn’t have any more issues.

Occasionally I will bend an axle jumping or just beating on the car. It’s not a big deal though and I really don’t worry about it. As long as the axle is secure I don’t care if it wobbles a bit anymore.
Here’s what I mean. Must have missed this one so another wheel fell off earlier. Here’s how I clear them…

BB1563A0-759C-4C83-A152-755A6D22CE0A.jpeg

336E9B9C-7FA4-4265-9163-FB0BA16CB9AB.jpeg

84657DC2-4013-486F-B8C3-03C04EB9262A.jpeg

E339E78C-3624-442F-8AFB-D25BE6EEAB71.jpeg

Cool, good to know. I haven't run into that problem yet. I just went ahead and bought a new set of hexes and pins. I tried to find some aftermarket aluminum ones with no luck on that.

The stock ones are fine if you stay 14mm hex. Typhon axles and 17mm hex are great if you went the 17mm route. M2c +5, 17mm hex would work with your existing axles as would hot racing +10, 17mm hex.

The stock ones are fine if you stay 14mm hex. Typhon axles and 17mm hex are great if you went the 17mm route. M2c +5, 17mm hex would work with your existing axles as would hot racing +10, 17mm hex.
I think I'm sold on the Typhon axles and badlands once I don't think I'll get In trouble from the wife for spending $150 on new tires for my toy 😅

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back