New Backflip 8s Big Block Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave EXB
  9. Notorious
  10. Outcast 8s
  11. Outcast EXB
  12. Talion EXB
  13. Typhon 3s
  14. Typhon 6s
  15. Typhon TLR
1692239794640.png

1692239895882.png

1692240004972.png

1692240042160.png

About 80g heavier per tire than the OG backflip 8s tires. About the same weight as Proline mashers which are still considered really light. I haven't tried them yet but I'm liking the bigger size, air correction should be even better and being 681g is still extremely light for a 1/5th scale tire.

Wait, these are new new? I haven’t seen these. Are they belted? My o8s exb destroys these regularly lol

Wait, these are new new? I haven’t seen these. Are they belted? My o8s exb destroys these regularly lol
They aren't belted, it's literally like the kraton 8s rtr tires vs exb tires. The old tires are now considered "small block" and new ones "big block" I guess. If you were blowing up the other ones you will probably blow these up too. I've had good luck with the og tires, but I try to be mindful. The kraton tires are much easier to wrap with Kevlar though. Wish I could find some easy o rings I could just slip over these tires to act as a belt.

Ahh you were the one who snagged those up in a hurry ;)
That is interesting, by the time mine are done they will be racing slicks! :cool: Do you check for glue separation from time to time? I usually find most of my tires need a patch job after a couple runs.

I wonder if I could print some flexible rings out of TPU filament that would fit right on them.
That would be awesome! Think of the possibilities, printed so they would fit around the tread pattern.. Granite tires, X-maxx tires, Kraton Tires... oh my...

Puzzle Click Together GIF by A Magical Mess

Ahh you were the one who snagged those up in a hurry ;)

That is interesting, by the time mine are done they will be racing slicks! :cool: Do you check for glue separation from time to time? I usually find most of my tires need a patch job after a couple runs.
That’s all it takes is a little separation and boom!

I wonder if I could print some flexible rings out of TPU filament that would fit right on them.
I’ve done this with 1/10 scale tires. Worked great but it was a pain to make. Tons of trial and error on the sizing to prevent squishing the tire, prevent ballooning, and staying put.

They aren't belted, it's literally like the kraton 8s rtr tires vs exb tires. The old tires are now considered "small block" and new ones "big block" I guess. If you were blowing up the other ones you will probably blow these up too. I've had good luck with the og tires, but I try to be mindful. The kraton tires are much easier to wrap with Kevlar though. Wish I could find some easy o rings I could just slip over these tires to act as a belt.
With cleats that deep , you can probly get away with wrapping the outside with a few wraps of fishing line to keep them in check .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back