Robitronic 60a Esc burnout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eemeli Haaslahti

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So i was driving my bl converted arrma granite mega and after i load the second battery in and drive for a little it made a swish kind of sound i immediately unplugged it and the esc had burned out, its got a arrma 4 pole 3800kv bl motor and a 60amp 3s esc a 100 amp esc is recommended for this motor and i was just wondering if the motor was the reason the esc burned out

What was the temperature of the ESC when you put the second battery in? You should always give them a break in between batteries. Having a temp gun on hand is very useful. But 60 amps is underpowered for a 4x4 1/10 MT.

What was the temperature of the ESC when you put the second battery in? You should always give them a break in between batteries. Having a temp gun on hand is very useful. But 60 amps is underpowered for a 4x4 1/10 MT.
No idea but it would cut out every millisecond when full power was applied

It's either at the temp limit or the motor is drawing too many amps.

So i was driving my bl converted arrma granite mega and after i load the second battery in and drive for a little it made a swish kind of sound i immediately unplugged it and the esc had burned out, its got a arrma 4 pole 3800kv bl motor and a 60amp 3s esc a 100 amp esc is recommended for this motor and i was just wondering if the motor was the reason the esc burned out
I think you answered your own question, motor requires a 100a esc you ran it on a 60a esc.

So guys turns out it wasn't the escs fault it was the other battery tried using it today on an other system to discharge it and it almost fried it too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back