RPM arm 3s ‘bowing’ issue. Does 6s also bow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long do you guys boil these parts? Do "shock " em in cold water afterwards?
I've heard you're not supposed to leave them in boiling water. I just bring water to a boil, turn off the heat, then put my arms in. In about a minute, they're soft enough to start bending back to straight. They tend to revert to the bent shape again, so I repeat the process a few times. Drop them back in the still hot water, wait another minute, let them soften up, bend again. Repeat until they're straight and stay straight. Then I shock them with cold water.

Boiling will enable you to straighten them out. But doesn't prevent them from bending over time again.

I've heard you're not supposed to leave them in boiling water. I just bring water to a boil, turn off the heat, then put my arms in. In about a minute, they're soft enough to start bending back to straight. They tend to revert to the bent shape again, so I repeat the process a few times. Drop them back in the still hot water, wait another minute, let them soften up, bend again. Repeat until they're straight and stay straight. Then I shock them with cold water.

Boiling will enable you to straighten them out. But doesn't prevent them from bending over time again.
Thanks for the info, kinda sounds like I'm asking for a pasta recipe!🤣

How long do you guys boil these parts? Do "shock " em in cold water afterwards?
Honestly I was wondering as well… I watched too many of that forge on fire reality program crap thing.

Honestly I was wondering as well… I watched too many of that forge on fire reality program crap thing.
Yeah, I actually believe the RPM arms could really benefit from being thrown in a forge for a few minutes. Or maybe just toss them in, go for coffee and donuts, and come back later and pull them out. Quenching optional, it really wouldn’t matter at that point. It’d probably be an improvement in any case.
Just my .02, I hate those things.

Thank you! I was boiling my granite arms way too long then. Thanks for sharing your process man.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back