Perfect Pass a-arm review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
I’m in the middle of a very high end, meticulous build right now and I bought the Perfect Pass a-arm kit to install because they have what I feel is a great design for potential aerodynamic gains, as the flat bottom of the arms could really reduce turbulence, and that’s one of the features Raz markets them on. I watched his video highlighting the precise machining processes he employs to reduce slop and play and make an arm that precisely fits the hinge pins and blocks to create a precision suspension setup whose geometry doesn’t deviate a few degrees while running.
Mine suck. And I need to say that again…mine suck! Sorry if that’s unkind, but they are sloppier than several “chinesium” sets I’ve purchased in the past, don’t even come close to Vitavon, and in fact don’t even come close to the factory Arrma plastic a-arms. Super freaking disappointing.
I’m pulling them off and may sell them if I can resist the temptation to throw them in the freaking trash.
After installation, it was clear the bores were significantly too large for the hinge pins. The proper line-bore was also seemingly a point of pride in his release video, with him stating that it was perfect and far superior to other offerings with no slop whatsoever. I was trying to measure the deviation as much as possible (hard while installed) but my angle gauge came up with over 1.5° of movement (measured laterally with front to rear deviation) when moving the arms front to rear on the hinge pins.
In addition, the distance (SLOP) between the front and rear lower blocks is totally unacceptable. Again, I’m going for as close to perfect as possible on this build and have gone to great lengths to achieve that. They can be slid back and forth a fair bit. Not enough to insert a 0.20 PTFE shim in there, but close. So, I could file the ends of the arms and fit shims to make it perfect. But I’m not doing that, especially in light of how “perfect” these were marketed to be, and how much slop there is in the hinge pin bores which is something I can’t do anything about.
If I had to guess, I’d say that when Shifrin was setting up for production in China that the prototypes he was sent, the ones featured in his launch video, were made properly by one of their ISO facilities and when it came time for actual retail production they went to some substandard factory out in what China passes for the Boondocks. No wonder he’s offering them so much more cheaply than other “quality” choices in the RC market. The machining is less than impressive as well, with a few burrs present on the machined edges.
I’m so disappointed, and actually pretty pi$$ed at myself for ordering them in the first place after sh’tcanning his alloy body mounts three weeks ago from my last purchase. Those were so sloppy that the body posts pivoted 2mm in each direction, plus the set screw on the sides were small, soft stainless Phillips head screws.
I’m done throwing money at Perfect Pass at this point. I’ve bought better quality for far less money from GPM, Hot Racing, and even Integy and no-name AliExpress offerings!
This is the second Perfect Pass machined aluminum product I’ve purchased, and the last.
I have a set of quality Vitavon arms on the way now to replace this garbage. What I should have done in the first place, based on years of receiving the best billet components in the RC world from Vitavon. I really believed Raz had made a better mousetrap here, but was sadly mistaken.

I noticed all the GPM stuff on his site. This helps solidify my theory that they are likely made by GPM.
Sorry to hear the quality sucks on them.

Historically his product line was known for quality. It seems lately that is not quite the reality anymore with these various aluminum parts not being any good.
It seems his carbon parts are the only ones worth buying.

Last edited:
I’m in the middle of a very high end, meticulous build right now and I bought the Perfect Pass a-arm kit to install because they have what I feel is a great design for potential aerodynamic gains, as the flat bottom of the arms could really reduce turbulence, and that’s one of the features Raz markets them on. I watched his video highlighting the precise machining processes he employs to reduce slop and play and make an arm that precisely fits the hinge pins and blocks to create a precision suspension setup whose geometry doesn’t deviate a few degrees while running.
Mine suck. And I need to say that again…mine suck! Sorry if that’s unkind, but they are sloppier than several “chinesium” sets I’ve purchased in the past, don’t even come close to Vitavon, and in fact don’t even come close to the factory Arrma plastic a-arms. Super freaking disappointing.
I’m pulling them off and may sell them if I can resist the temptation to throw them in the freaking trash.
After installation, it was clear the bores were significantly too large for the hinge pins. The proper line-bore was also seemingly a point of pride in his release video, with him stating that it was perfect and far superior to other offerings with no slop whatsoever. I was trying to measure the deviation as much as possible (hard while installed) but my angle gauge came up with over 1.5° of movement (measured laterally with front to rear deviation) when moving the arms front to rear on the hinge pins.
In addition, the distance (SLOP) between the front and rear lower blocks is totally unacceptable. Again, I’m going for as close to perfect as possible on this build and have gone to great lengths to achieve that. They can be slid back and forth a fair bit. Not enough to insert a 0.20 PTFE shim in there, but close. So, I could file the ends of the arms and fit shims to make it perfect. But I’m not doing that, especially in light of how “perfect” these were marketed to be, and how much slop there is in the hinge pin bores which is something I can’t do anything about.
If I had to guess, I’d say that when Shifrin was setting up for production in China that the prototypes he was sent, the ones featured in his launch video, were made properly by one of their ISO facilities and when it came time for actual retail production they went to some substandard factory out in what China passes for the Boondocks. No wonder he’s offering them so much more cheaply than other “quality” choices in the RC market. The machining is less than impressive as well, with a few burrs present on the machined edges.
I’m so disappointed, and actually pretty pi$$ed at myself for ordering them in the first place after sh’tcanning his alloy body mounts three weeks ago from my last purchase. Those were so sloppy that the body posts pivoted 2mm in each direction, plus the set screw on the sides were small, soft stainless Phillips head screws.
I’m done throwing money at Perfect Pass at this point. I’ve bought better quality for far less money from GPM, Hot Racing, and even Integy and no-name AliExpress offerings!
This is the second Perfect Pass machined aluminum product I’ve purchased, and the last.
I have a set of quality Vitavon arms on the way now to replace this garbage. What I should have done in the first place, based on years of receiving the best billet components in the RC world from Vitavon. I really believed Raz had made a better mousetrap here, but was sadly mistaken.

That's really disappointing..
I can Only imagine the frustration you're experiencing when you truly believed you were making a solid investment... Then receiving such sub standard parts.

Would you happen to have taken any pics or videos of said deviations in those components when they were installed..?

I noticed all the GPM stuff on his site. This helps solidify my theory that they are likely made by GPM.
Sorry to hear the quality sucks on them.

Historically his product line was known for quality. It seems lately that is not quite the reality anymore with these various aluminum parts not being any good.
It’s possible, but the GPM arms I bought for a couple of other builds weren’t nearly this bad. The hinge pin bores were fine, and they were easily shimmed. If I had to guess, I’d say the same factories as Integy. I’ve seen their quality be all over the place on different orders, I finally gave up on them as well. But who knows, right? It sure is disappointing though.

That's really disappointing..
I can Only imagine the frustration you're experiencing when you truly believed you were making a solid investment... Then receiving such sub standard parts.

Would you happen to have taken any pics or videos of said deviations in those components when they were installed..?
I’ll get some. I haven’t pulled them off yet, so I can go back and exhibit the slop to all the world. I’m walking away with it for today, though.

It’s a sad day when someone with this much exposure to the RC world resorts to making Shoty parts. Hopefully he has no idea what’s going on. And one would hope if he did he would correct the issue.

Echoing others, sux that the situation is as it stands. 2 benefits come from the design;
-someone will probably release a kit that will attach to the bottom of the arms as a cheap solution to having solid arms.
-someone will produce a better quality product implementing the same/similar innovations/ideas....*cough cough scorched parts or m3c.

That totally blows Dan, sorry you had to be the 1. Hearing this just puts icing on the cake for just keeping my stock arrma arms. I just think having the plastic arms will be a weak point in a crash involving the front end and replacing arms are cheap. It definitely sucks throwing money away in this hobby and we all been through it and it won't be the last.

NGL, I also wondered about the fair pricing at the time. Kinda all making sense now.
For sure its upsetting. He knows people that build these caliber of cars needs perfection on every part or bad things can happen just as fast.

Echoing others, sux that the situation is as it stands. 2 benefits come from the design;
-someone will probably release a kit that will attach to the bottom of the arms as a cheap solution to having solid arms.
-someone will produce a better quality product implementing the same/similar innovations/ideas....*cough cough scorched parts or m3c.
Yeah, it was the flat bottoms that really sold me on these, as well as his video that showed super tight tolerances. I think he was smart coming up with the flat bottomed a-arms in regard to reducing turbulence. It’s a great idea, and a very smart innovation. But there is so much slop in these things it’s ridiculous.

That totally blows Dan, sorry you had to be the 1. Hearing this just puts icing on the cake for just keeping my stock arrma arms. I just think having the plastic arms will be a weak point in a crash involving the front end and replacing arms are cheap. It definitely sucks throwing money away in this hobby and we all been through it and it won't be the last.
Yeah, the stock arms are totally fine. Especially if you file and shim them. I’ve read before that it’s the upper arms that tend to flex during extreme (180+) speed runs and the ones that should be replaced with aluminum. It’s an easy argument to run all of the stock lower arms, especially considering that they don’t bounce around on the hinge pins.

Thanks for the detailed review Dan and your attention to detail can be seen clearly. Hopefully this saves others the time and money, and the manufacturer ups their quality control / fitment. Especially knowing you actually gave them a second chance after the first 💩 part you received. Sorry for the disappointment and I can't wait to see the finished build once completed.

Yeah, it was the flat bottoms that really sold me on these, as well as his video that showed super tight tolerances. I think he was smart coming up with the flat bottomed a-arms in regard to reducing turbulence. It’s a great idea, and a very smart innovation. But there is so much slop in these things it’s ridiculous.

Yeah, the stock arms are totally fine. Especially if you file and shim them. I’ve read before that it’s the upper arms that tend to flex during extreme (180+) speed runs and the ones that should be replaced with aluminum. It’s an easy argument to run all of the stock lower arms, especially considering that they don’t bounce around on the hinge pins.
Well I'm at 144 mph, if I ever hit 180 then I'll worry about it. If I don't find a road it will never happen.

Well I'm at 144 mph, if I ever hit 180 then I'll worry about it. If I don't find a road it will never happen.
Me either, man! And you’re way ahead of me right now. I’m building these stupidly expensive, meticulously built cars and I haven’t even broken 100 yet! 😂
I’d suggest hooking up with you on the Jersey turnpike for some runs, but it’s like driving on the surface of the freaking moon, man. Are they ever going to fix that, because the tolls suck if you’re going full south.

Influencers. I told myself to not fall for that stuff again. I had someone offended here about M2C and all the weight it's put on my K6. Mentioned being "dupered" lol. For how I run my RC's, I didn't need all the weight in those upgrades. I just fell for the hype. I said I myself was to blame for falling for it, but nonetheless someone got offended. I'm really sorry they didn't work for you. I heard the Perfect Pass "Monster" servo if just a rebadged AGFRC servo anyway.

Influencers. I told myself to not fall for that stuff again. I had someone offended here about M2C and all the weight it's put on my K6. Mentioned being "dupered" lol. For how I run my RC's, I didn't need all the weight in those upgrades. I just fell for the hype. I said I myself was to blame for falling for it, but nonetheless someone got offended. I'm really sorry they didn't work for you. I heard the Perfect Pass "Monster" servo if just a rebadged AGFRC servo anyway.
I haven’t tried his PP servo, and I don’t believe I ever will at this point. I’m pretty much married to ProModeler stuff, but AGFRC runs a close second.

Back