Outcast RPM Bumper !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that bumper on my Kraton for a year now and my notorious since I got it in September. You have all seen my videos and how many times I've put it nose first into the ground. The bumper is rock solid but maybe because I don't bash in the Antarctic like slick does.
It's not that cold here lol. Idk what the deal is but I have not had much luck with Rpm bumpers, Stampede bumper broke about the same way the Kraton one did and the one on my Team Associated RC10B2 buggy is cracked but it still sorta works. I have T-Bone Racing bumpers on my Outcast, Hot Bodies D8T, LC Racing Truggy and my LC Racing MT the only bumper I have had any issues with was the one on the Outcast, screws started pulling through the bottom of the bumper so I put my Voltage Hobbies chassis brace over the top and no more problems.

I use this on my Noto
Pos Rc
Has held up well, Bought the complete set with skidplates.
They ship to the us ??
Since I switched to the RPM front bumper, it's been smooth sailing. I put my Noto through some serious abuse too, and it's held up better than the three or four Tbone's I've tried in the past. What I like most is the dimples they add so the skid sits nicely into the chassis. I was tearing screws out of the bottom of the dif housing on almost every run with the Tbone. Hasn't happened since with the RPM
Is this the one you use

Attachments

• C8DDC495-6193-4869-BBC1-225624D15A08.png
    C8DDC495-6193-4869-BBC1-225624D15A08.png
    462.7 KB · Views: 45
They ship to the us ??

Is this the one you use
POS Racing does not ship to the US :(

That is the only bumper Rpm makes for the 6s models. They need to step up their game in that department and make a design that actually looks good with the Outcast/Notorious body. The Kraton bumper has a curved front just like the Kraton body, the front of the Outcast/Notorious body is rather straight, so the bumper doesn't really look right on it.

They ship to the us ??

Is this the one you use
That's the one from RPM. Regarding the POS, he does ship to the US, but it's expensive. You can message him from his website, and he'll be able to give you an idea of the costs.

That is the only bumper Rpm makes for the 6s models. They need to step up their game in that department and make a design that actually looks good with the Outcast/Notorious body. The Kraton bumper has a curved front just like the Kraton body, the front of the Outcast/Notorious body is rather straight, so the bumper doesn't really look right on it.
He does, but it's not available when you try to order through the website. You have to contact him directly to get a quote

That's the one from RPM. Regarding the POS, he does ship to the US, but it's expensive. You can message him from his website, and he'll be able to give you an idea of the costs.

He does, but it's not available when you try to order through the website. You have to contact him directly to get a quote
Oh, I thought another member here said they contacted him one time and he said no. Might have to shoot him a message one of these days.

I like the look of TBone stuff more than the RPM bumper. RPM seems to work well but does feel more flimsy...which could be the benefit. It's probably lighter too but just not very chunky imo. I'm gonna keep running RPM on trucks that need one but wish they'd come out with another design just for the look.

I sometimes think there is a lot of RPM clone parts online, I have had good experience w mine. As you guys have seen that recently I tore the rear gearbox, the wing is all chewed up and the wing mount S shaped, but not broken.

I have RPM bumpers on a 1/5th scale baja, and 100% since day one, bent the chassis, broke factory a-arms but the bumper still intact and this is a heavy rc baja, many times landing nose in into the dirt.

Unless QC is mixed, could be clone parts and also if its cold weather parts tend to snap. One thing, I do spray often all my plastic parts w WD40 and let it absorb/dry out on it, and maybe that helps when bashing parts don't dry up and be brittle.

I have the T-Bone XV-4 on my Notorious and I think they botched the hell out of it. The one for the Kraton has a block to screw into whereas the Noto/Outcast version screws into the top of the diff. case, it's just something I rather not have a lever on.

It looks badass but it's also heavy and affects handling in the air. Also, without the ribs underneath like the RPM I've ground the heads of the screws and can barely get a hex driver to stay.

Oh, and then there's having to take out 6 screws to access your diffs.

My RPM get's here tomorrow.

Last edited:
I've tried both the TBR and RPM bumpers and I can honestly say I have had better luck with RPM and like you bash in a colder climate. The TBR would either crack or rip the screws from the diff case. I do like the rear TBR bumper. Bash on ??

So I've been running the RPM bumper since before summer and I am so happy I got one, I bought a spare just in case, and it's sitting in it's package all nice and new. Over 100 nose landings, nothing. Dif case screws all intact, never pulled one. But the best so far was when I drove "through" a wooden stake on the weekend. It was one that they use to hold young trees straight. Truck never left the ground either, just dove right on through leaving the piece tied to the tree dangling in the air. If this bumper can handle all that I've put it through, it gets two thumps up from me. Might be a different story in the cold, but they're so simple and so well priced, it's definitely this basher's choice. I'll try to pull the short clip that shows it happened. Oh, and for good measure, installing the rear RPM skid has had similar results of no more screws being torn out.

TB Racing will give you a one time replacement last I heard. I use TB Racing F+R wheelie bars and bumpers on all my 6S rigs. I think all brands will fail at some point. Come on, its a bumper right? TBR is not perfect either and costly.
RPM, just not sold on their do-it-all nylons for certain parts.

So I've been running the RPM bumper since before summer and I am so happy I got one, I bought a spare just in case, and it's sitting in it's package all nice and new. Over 100 nose landings, nothing. Dif case screws all intact, never pulled one. But the best so far was when I drove "through" a wooden stake on the weekend. It was one that they use to hold young trees straight. Truck never left the ground either, just dove right on through leaving the piece tied to the tree dangling in the air. If this bumper can handle all that I've put it through, it gets two thumps up from me. Might be a different story in the cold, but they're so simple and so well priced, it's definitely this basher's choice. I'll try to pull the short clip that shows it happened. Oh, and for good measure, installing the rear RPM skid has had similar results of no more screws being torn out.
I have bought two RPM front bumpers and I've run one for over a year and the other will be a year in Sept. Brighter have broke and I have beat the snot out of them.....even in the winter. Lucky? Maybe, but I am pleased.

The only RPM part I own is this bumper on the Kraton and it works well but doesn't meet my aesthetic requirements for other trucks. Better on the Kraton than the others, I guess...
I agree, RPM could show a couple more designs and I'd buy more.

just not sold on their do-it-all nylons for certain parts.

I much like the materials TBone uses comparatively.
Also, (I thought I read) plenty negative stories here about TBone not living up to the warranty they promise. I haven't had to claim though so I don't have first-hand xp.

-was corrected below by those that dealt with TBone first-hand

Last edited:
The only RPM part I own is this bumper on the Kraton and it works well but doesn't meet my aesthetic requirements for other trucks. Better on the Kraton than the others, I guess...

Also, plenty negative stories here about TBone not living up to the warranty they promise. I haven't had to claim though so I don't have first-hand xp.

Are you sure you are thinking of RPM? TBR always delivers on the warranty. They did for me.

I'm not sure about the plastic TBR uses. I'm pretty sure @Megasty said it wasn't good but I may be wrong.

Are you sure you are thinking of RPM? TBR always delivers on the warranty. They did for me.

I'm not sure about the plastic TBR uses. I'm pretty sure @Megasty said it wasn't good but I may be wrong.

Not sure. I thought I'd read some threads that mentioned TBone not delivering and requiring several hoops but it's been a while.
I should edit my above post...

Also, plenty negative stories here about TBone not living up to the warranty they promise. I haven't had to claim though so I don't have first-hand xp.
T bone will warranty one time only, and only if it cracks. worn out doesn't apply. Stripped screws don't count. pretty much standard fare for any warrranty. But t bine stuff is expensive in my opinion. And been lucky with their stuff, knock on wood. Their plastics are better than Rpm. I spoke with Jacob at TBR asked about their warranty.And they just need a good detailed pix of the part in question.

T bone will warranty one time only, and only if it cracks. worn out doesn't apply. Stripped screws don't count. pretty much standard fare for any warrranty. But t bine stuff is expensive in my opinion. And been lucky with their stuff, knock on wood. Their plastics are better than Rpm. I spoke with Jacob at TBR asked about their warranty.

10-4. I doubt I'd warranty anyway and certainly wouldn't ask if it were a worn out component.

The plastic parts are cheap enough that 9/10 times I wouldn't warranty it anyway. I did warranty the TBR front bumper that snapped in half just because I was pissed at them ?

The plastic parts are cheap enough that 9/10 times I wouldn't warranty it anyway. I did warranty the TBR front bumper that snapped in half just because I was pissed at them ?

There's always an exception, I guess. I don't care to go through the process most of the time and if I've gotten plenty mileage out of *whatever, I'll just buy another or buy something else. I have some Sweep Racing Terrain Crushers that I ruined on the Typhon (being silly) but I'd already run em for maybe a year on the Talion. SRC offered to work with me with help from another member of the forum that was in contact with them. I very much appreciate his help but eventually decided that I'd just try something else.

TBR's nylon don't have enough give for bumpers. That's why they will always snap under pressure. The Typhon bumpers are the worst examples, a single unreinforced piece bent upwards, just ready to break at the bend. I like my bumpers being able to disperse an impact before delivering the force straight into the chassis & bulkheads. RPM does the job a bit better, but I still found myself boiling the Kraton bumper so it would have more flex.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back