Vorteks RPM ( typhoon ) Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. Vorteks
Hey guys me again , so watching some videos on YouTube on the Vorteks and upgrades for it and seen that loads mentioning that the Typhoon Arms and turnbuckles are a common upgrade for the Vorteks / Granite .

Has anyone done this ???

What's your thoughts

Does it help with weight distribution and handling

What part numbers would I need .

Thanks so much for all and any help you give

ChriswithaC 👍😎

Putting on the Typhon arms gives the Vorteks a considerably wider stance. I've done this to mine, complete with 17mm hex conversion and have been able to comfortably run 2.8 trenchers on it after changing the gearing up. Makes it a lot more stable during turns and less prone to rolling over. I did mine with parts from a breaker but you can get the stock part #'s from the exploded views on arrma's website.

Putting on the Typhon arms gives the Vorteks a considerably wider stance. I've done this to mine, complete with 17mm hex conversion and have been able to comfortably run 2.8 trenchers on it after changing the gearing up. Makes it a lot more stable during turns and less prone to rolling over. I did mine with parts from a breaker but you can get the stock part #'s from the exploded views on arrma's website.
So definitely worth doing then is it buddy as it doesn't seem like a expensive upgrade to do also .

I think you'll find the limiting component on these boost/mega vehicles will be the 48p spur/slipper assembly. Maybe not. I would have a spare spur gear on hand, especially if you are planning to run 3S.

Hey guys me again , so watching some videos on YouTube on the Vorteks and upgrades for it and seen that loads mentioning that the Typhoon Arms and turnbuckles are a common upgrade for the Vorteks / Granite .

Has anyone done this ???

What's your thoughts

Does it help with weight distribution and handling

What part numbers would I need .

Thanks so much for all and any help you give

ChriswithaC 👍😎
Yup and love it.

70F65BF3-17F1-49ED-B9FD-28A3F0BDAA93.jpeg

20985B93-3510-4B72-880D-624D96D35549.jpeg

4EAE0590-B799-437C-BBB8-D6CD2D53A250.jpeg

BCF05632-EC92-4C40-82D6-EE75985F0DA4.jpeg

So definitely worth doing then is it buddy as it doesn't seem like a expensive upgrade to do also .
Absolutely worth doing. And it's not an expensive change to make either. If you don't already have stock Typhon arms get some rpm ones.

Absolutely worth doing. And it's not an expensive change to make either. If you don't already have stock Typhon arms get some rpm ones.
I only run RPM arms on the front and once I finish with these couple sets I had bought…I’m done with them. The rears bow way too much too fast, I mean bad. The front ones bow as well but not near as fast or bad. Still it’s a pain. I’ve had a good luck with stock typhon/big rock arms and they are very affordable on Jennysrc.com. So that’s what I stick with now.

I only run RPM arms on the front and once I finish with these couple sets I had bought…I’m done with them. The rears bow way too much too fast, I mean bad. The front ones bow as well but not near as fast or bad. Still it’s a pain. I’ve had a good luck with stock typhon/big rock arms and they are very affordable on Jennysrc.com. So that’s what I stick with now.
+1 the front is really the only spot they come in that handy. The stock ones are just fine for the back

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back