RPM Wing mount with brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
So I installed the new RPM wing mount, the one with the skid plate and rear brace, on my Notorious and I think it was a bad idea. Yesterday I had a particularly gnarly bash session, and had a pretty bad landing, and it destroyed my wing, ripped out my body mounts and ripped off the wing mounts. With the factory wing mount, it would have flexed, allowing the wing a bit more cushion, as it always has in the past. Maybe for hard bashing, having some allowed flex in that area is better than having it super rigid like with this setup. I just wanted to share my findings with you guys so you don’t make the same mistake I did. I’m sure for light bashing and normal running it’s fine, but if you do big air, or a lot of stunt bashing, maybe it’s not the best idea to install this.

The rest of the truck came out fine, (Thanks M2C!) and it was an absolute blast. I love this rig.

So I installed the new RPM wing mount, the one with the skid plate and rear brace, on my Notorious and I think it was a bad idea. Yesterday I had a particularly gnarly bash session, and had a pretty bad landing, and it destroyed my wing, ripped out my body mounts and ripped off the wing mounts. With the factory wing mount, it would have flexed, allowing the wing a bit more cushion, as it always has in the past. Maybe for hard bashing, having some allowed flex in that area is better than having it super rigid like with this setup. I just wanted to share my findings with you guys so you don’t make the same mistake I did. I’m sure for light bashing and normal running it’s fine, but if you do big air, or a lot of stunt bashing, maybe it’s not the best idea to install this.

The rest of the truck came out fine, (Thanks M2C!) and it was an absolute blast. I love this rig.

You're referring to this item ,correct?
1682168168339.png

Yikes. That sucks man. Hopefully it was just a fluke. I just installed one but haven’t run the car yet.

I was pretty annoyed that the wheelie bar isn’t compatible. I may have to design and print a fix.

Picture for failure point?

That’s more of a durable speed wing mount, too rigid for big air bad landings.

I found one of their OE wing mount replacements on the shelf recently, probably the only component from them I’d recommend. Just enough flex/elongation on bad direct hit landings to put stress on the tower/bulkhead and not break screws/shear. When that goes it’ll be 3DRC or back to Arrma with m4 screws through the aluminum bulkhead.

Picture for failure point?

That’s more of a durable speed wing mount, too rigid for big air bad landings.

I found one of their OE wing mount replacements on the shelf recently, probably the only component from them I’d recommend. Just enough flex/elongation on bad direct hit landings to put stress on the tower/bulkhead and not break screws/shear. When that goes it’ll be 3DRC or back to Arrma with m4 screws through the aluminum bulkhead.
I’ll post pics when I get home.
I’m going to just remove the brace and use the wing mounts like they are. I agree, this thing is way too rigid for bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back