New RPM Wing Mount System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinC

Flyboy, Cat Hoarder, Tiger Tamer, Party Crasher.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Talion
  8. Talion EXB
Anyone here running this new release from RPM. Looks like it might help in those rear end landings.

IMG_0186.jpeg

I guess I’m late to the game and should have searched the forums…apparently some are using it…….ooppsie daisy.

Last edited:
There's a thread by someone who had the exact same re-enforced RPM wing mount and they didn't like it..
I can't seem to find that thread at the moment.

Anyone here running this new release from RPM. Looks like it might help in those rear end landings.

View attachment 312666
I guess I’m late to the game and should have searched the forums…apparently some are using it…….ooppsie daisy.
not tried one of those I stick to the arrma HD ones had better luck with them over the rpm ones

I use them, they work really well and are very strong.

I've broken one, going for a triple backflip and it rotated the arse into the tarmac. Even then it just broke an inch piece out the skid plate and it functioned for weeks before I bothered replacing it.

Before that I had tried the regular RPM mounts which were worse than stock, and the 3d printed ones, which I tore after not the longest time on the car

Jacka$$ is a legitimate driving style and I strive to be its master. With that said, I'm running two of these systems, one on a Kraton the other is on my Outcast. There survivers, I've had them long enough so I'm on my second set of skid plates. I do miss my wheelie bar.

I don't have one but my only complaint, how do we use the wheelie bar? And not trying to derail the thread but has anyone found a decent aftermarket wheelie bar?

View attachment 312666
Just mounted on my Typhon6s BLX will test it out tomorrow

View attachment 313246

Did RPM revise their mount? That second one is a bit different than the first.

I have the RPM wing mount, I find that I have to disassemble the the wing mount to access the rear diff. If theirs an easier way I’ve yet to discover it.

Even with the stock wing mount it isn't easy to access the rear diff, I usually end up taking apart the entire rear of the car anyway when I go to get at the diffs.

Even with the stock wing mount it isn't easy to access the rear diff, I usually end up taking apart the entire rear of the car anyway when I go to get at the diffs.
The stock wing mount doesn’t have the brace connecting the wing to the skid plate. That’s the piece I need to remove to get to the diffs, now to get rid of the brace, I gotta pull out the wing mounts themselves, to get the wing mounts out I gotta take out the rear body posts.

Now I have access to the diff’s. As I said the more experienced RC’ers here may have an easier way of doing this, which I’ve yet to discover.

I would agree regarding diff access but it seems to be a great basher part. Mine took a beating tonight. Wing might not last long though.

First pack through my notorious and the rpm mount itself held up awesome. Took some hard hits. The wing brackets however lasted about 2 minutes. Gonna try and figure out how to reinforce them or just ditch the wing and only run wheelie bar.

IMG_1085.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back