Kraton Savox servo in K6s V5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyLocal

Reaction score
Hey everyone, anyone running a Savox servo in their 6s bashers? I have a $150 gift card to AMain and wanted to upgrade to a Savox. Any recommendations on torque oz and speed for an average backyard basher? I do occasional jumps but nothing crazy. Usually just dirt and grass play.

Thanks everyone and Happiest Nee Year!

Recommend that you avoid savox unless you already upgraded your esc that has a more capable BEC

Savox are known to be lower hungry

Recommend that you avoid savox unless you already upgraded your esc that has a more capable BEC

Savox are known to be lower hungry
I run the 2210SG in 2 of my kratons for 3 years now and have not had one problem with them. I had the belted trenchers on one of them and it threw them around just fine, I run the 1211SG in both my infractions ones 2 years old the other over year no problems.

Hey everyone, anyone running a Savox servo in their 6s bashers? I have a $150 gift card to AMain and wanted to upgrade to a Savox. Any recommendations on torque oz and speed for an average backyard basher? I do occasional jumps but nothing crazy. Usually just dirt and grass play.

Thanks everyone and Happiest Nee Year!

Perhaps save that gift card for something else instead..

Could I add a BEC to the stock ESC to be more efficient?

Why?
Just start with a More efficient servo to begin with ,and not have to deal with the hassle of more electronics/circuits in your setup..

Look for DS3235 Amazon 35kg servos ,can be had for a not much $$.

Whenever you want to buy Savox, first go onto Savox usa page, find the servo, click the tech details tab and see the stall current at locked. For instance 7400 mA. Then check your ESCs BEC Continous Current: 5A. From what I understood, the servos stall current, which in this exampe is 7400mA, so 7.4 Amps, should not be bigger than the BEC continuous current, which is only 5A.

happy to be corrected.

I have 6-7 1230sg's... my oldest being 7yrs old, still works like new!!! I've never ever had one crap out on me, no special bec's or anything... Mike

Ye that servo has 4000mA stall current, the ESCs in you peoples big rigs must have more than 4Amps BEC continuous current so if my theory is right, that servo is great.

I have a 45kg Savox on my Talion EXB. Turns like a champ and is complete overkill. Probably. Lol. But there are some good ones out there. Just search the forum! There’s not a servo made somebody hasn’t tried!

I don't think 45kg on rigs like that is too much. We been taught wrong by Arrma putting 6-7kg torque servos in their 1/10s which is wrong. It should have 10-15kg for what the cars are for in the 1/10 3s line and happily up to 20kg in the 4s and so on.

Tomley build his Kronos XTR with a 75kg dmond 0.08sec speed one

any opinions on the SB-2273SG for the K6s v5? Id use the remaining $ on a servo saver and HR servo arm. Specs/link below:
  • Speed:
    • @7.4V: .095 sec/60
    • @6.0V: .12 sec/60
  • Torque:
    • @7.4V: 388.8 oz-in
    • @6.0V: 319.4 oz-in
https://www.amainhobbies.com/savox-...ital-servo-high-voltage-sav-sb-2273sg/p233916

I think it might not be working correctly with that ESC. I have similar situation with the SB2274SB and my Spekrum Firma 100A ESC. BEC continous current is only 4A but the servo watnts 6000mA( 6A) and 7400 (7.4A on 7.4V). I am still happy to be correct if I'm incorrect with this info.
Spektrum Firma 150A ESC
  • BEC Continous Current: 5A

SB2273SG - High Voltage Brushless Digital Servo 0.095/388.8 @ 7.4V
Stall Current (at locked): 6000mA @6.0V, 7400mA @7.4V​

I've used the SW-2210SG in both my v3 Talion and Kraton EXB with zero issues. The one in the Talion has been in a couple of years or more and has taken a beating w/o problems. Both rigs run a Max 6 ESC set at higher BEC voltage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back