Scheduled Maintenance

Do you follow the maintenance schedule in the User Manuals?

• Yes. I have OCD.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No. Don't care, I just buy more stuff.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It gets "maintained" when it breaks.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Somewhere between don't care and when stuff breaks.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerold

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Do you follow the maintenance schedule in the User Manuals?
1705092309059.png

don't service them every 10 packs would cost a fortune. service mine every 40ish packs

I cant check any of those boxes.
I came up with my own maintenance schedule. Based on how I drive. I don't wait for things to break 90% of the time. Depending. Diffs I am on top of of, 30-50 runs, only because they are Quite needy and get expensive if you totally brick them from Neglect. Same with all my BLX motors, I open them up and clean them and oil the BB's and replace them BEFORE they ruin the whole motor . They can last for many years if you do this. Many will never open them until they get bricked and just $buy$ another. I go the extra mile and run Ceramic BB's when I do replace the BB's. Only in my motors, however. Worth it , the few coins more, IMO.
Always have BB sets on hand and replace them when they are even slightly worn. Or you break other related parts. And breakdowns while bashing sucks. A Fail.
To me it's like a DNF at the track, where I started RC years ago.

>>>Many just drive em till they crap out. The choice is yours.
Just that it gets more costly that way , from my experience.
I like wrenching anyway. Some don't' and rather just drive them.
Just that the better and more you are wrenching , the more you can drive trouble free.

>>>This hobby is 80% wrenching, 20% driving, How I see it.

I find it funny that many are so concerned with keeping their rigs so Clean and very anal about that. Spending much more time cleaning them. Yet never do any maintenance. Cleaning is only one small part of the maintenance thing.
I rather have a little dust and dirt on my rigs and spend more time keeping them in order.
Being perfectly clean doesn't make them any more durable and dependable at all.
And depending how you clean them, if not cautious enough, will ruin BB's, motors etc . Working against you..

Last edited:
I cant check any of those boxes.
I came up with my own maintenance schedule. I don't wait for things to break 90% of the time. Depending. Diffs I am on top of of, 30-50 runs, only because they are Quite needy and get expensive if you totally brick them from Neglect. Same with all my BLX motors, I open them up and clean them and oil the BB's and replace them BEFORE they ruin the whole motor . They can last for many years if you do this. Many will never open them until they get bricked and just $buy$ another. I go the extra mile and run Ceramic BB's when I do replace the BB's. Only in my motors, however. Worth it , the few coins more, IMO.
Always have BB sets on hand and replace them when they are even slightly worn. Or you break other related parts.

>>>Many just drive em till they crap out. The choice is yours.
Just that it gets more costly that way , from my experience.

I would say that qualifies as OCD in a good way.

I'm wish I was that disciplined. Stuff usually makes some sort of noise long before the 10x battery packs. Then I go find it and fix it, things get "maintained" in the process. The only car I proactively go through is the speed run cars. If something breaks there it's much more painful than a plastic part gets worn.

As the guy that breaks everything my truck is pretty fresh at any given moment. At the beginning of Spring I'll replace all the bearings and drive cups. Except for that, smash and fix seems to cover most things.

Back