Limitless Scorched limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny1202

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
Oh no what have I done šŸ˜‚

So today I had the privilege of meeting Dave from Scorched Parts, who I want to give a shout out for been such a nice helpful guy. I know I can be an awkward customer but he gave me some excellent advice (some of which I ignored) and obviously supplied me with some top quality parts to get this project underway.

Even though Iā€™m in well over my head and I donā€™t know exactly how this build will plan out Iā€™m super excited to build something totally sick and hopefully unique.

Iā€™m gonna use as much Scorched Parts as possible but still try to add my own little touches here and there, I said to Dave I feel like Iā€™m cheating a bit using all of his ideas and engineering but at the end of the day they are up there with the best that money can buy and heā€™s local to where I live so Iā€™m keen to support his business.

This will definitely be a slow burn project due to my learning curve and obviously budget but watch this space šŸ˜Ž

IMG_8764.jpeg

Scorched parts are indeed beautiful and top notch quality...
Plenty of experience here on the forum with these.

I had the Scorched chassis and dual roto lock mounts along with their spool setup.

Let us know how we can help if needed!

Iā€™m gonna need all the help I can get bro, haha.

Iā€™ll probably just buy a part or two each month and look to get it complete for around this time next year so Iā€™ve got plenty of time to learn and change direction.

But thanks I really appreciate that mate šŸ‘ŠšŸ¼

Iā€™ll probably just buy a part or two each month and look to get it complete for around this time next year so Iā€™ve got plenty of time to learn and change direction.

But thanks I really appreciate that mate šŸ‘ŠšŸ¼

Feel free to ask questions before making the big purchases. Nothing worse than buying the wrong parts!
Are you looking to go to Whales and attend a ROSSA event? Or just some street/parking lot driving locally?

I honestly donā€™t know where this will take me, I highly doubt Iā€™ll go to Rossa, Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s an invite only kind of gig.

I just wanna build something awesome and what ever will be will be.

Feel free to ask questions before making the big purchases. Nothing worse than buying the wrong parts!
Are you looking to go to Whales and attend a ROSSA event? Or just some street/parking lot driving locally?
I guess the first question is one motor or two šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ll probably just buy a part or two each month and look to get it complete for around this time next year.
Thatā€™s how I got most of everything necessary for the build Iā€™m working on right now. I just bought parts here and there to spread out the cost, as buying everything at once would not only have been too expensive, but would have also made me realize how much money I just dumped into a toy carā€¦ šŸ™„
You canā€™t go wrong with Scorched parts. They are the best in the industry and worth every penny spent.

I honestly donā€™t know where this will take me, I highly doubt Iā€™ll go to Rossa, Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s an invite only kind of gig.

I just wanna build something awesome and what ever will be will be.

I guess the first question is one motor or two šŸ˜‚

What I know about Europe is that the roads are terrible.
If you want to make a nice build for the fun of it I totally understand, but I would say from a budget perspective a single motor works fine.

You can go very fast with just a single TP40mm motor.

Yeah your completely right, realistically I think I want something capable of 100mph but will probably only ever hit about 70, but like I said you never know what the situation will be in a years time, I nearly bought a single motor mount today but changed my mind just in caseā€¦

And yeah your right @Dan B. Cost will be the deciding factor here.

Two motors/ two escā€™s = too much money.

Yeah your completely right, realistically I think I want something capable of 100mph but will probably only ever hit about 70, but like I said you never know what the situation will be in a years time, I nearly bought a single motor mount today but changed my mind just in caseā€¦

And yeah your right @Dan B. Cost will be the deciding factor here.

Two motors/ two escā€™s = too much money.

The other thing is how much money are you willing to crash and destroy in a 7 second use.
Serious speed running is not cheap and crashes absolutely happen.

I focused on 2s, 3s, and 4s runs and had zero crashes. Runs ranged from 80 mph to 146 mph and I really enjoyed it.
Running 8s chances of crashes are exponentially higher.

Yeah I hear that!!

My priority is build over speed, once itā€™s built it will probably be a shelf queen šŸ˜‚

I struggle to miss stationary objects with my 4s Kratonā€¦

Would it be un reasonable to to put say two max 8 or even 10 combos in just to get some practice with the twin set up?

I got some more goodies for the ā€œin over my head limitlessā€ build šŸ˜‚

Today made me realise just how in over my head I really am and how much of a job Iā€™ve got on my hands building this from scratch with no doner car, there are a few bits missing here and there and most of the screws are wrong but I was keen to get things bolted together to try and work out my next step.

Iā€™ve got the 4mm titanium shock stand offs but Iā€™m reluctant to drill the towers untill I know what holes I want to use.

I got the controversial A arms but the hing pins where out of stock, I have titanium upper hing pins but I think I need more bits before I can fit them.

All in all Iā€™m really happy, I just love the quality and aesthetics of all the components. Hopefully by next months pay cheque I can make head or tail of a few things šŸ˜…

IMG_8937.jpeg

IMG_8939.jpeg

IMG_8940.jpeg

IMG_8941.jpeg

IMG_8943.jpeg

Yeah I know there not the best, to be honest all the screws Iā€™ve used have either come with the parts or been given to me, itā€™s an issue Iā€™ll address at some point I donā€™t want to use black ones against the aluminium so titanium sounds like the way to go šŸ‘šŸ¼

Back